ARRAY(0x9dcb1c30)

Customer Reviews: 207

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

A guy from Philly RSS Feed (Philadelphia, PA United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Meltonian Water & Stain Protector
Meltonian Water & Stain Protector
Offered by Green Boat
Price: $8.49
10 used & new from $0.33

4.0 out of 5 stars So far, so good, April 17, 2014
This is what my local cobbler carries. I applied as directed to two pairs of suede shoes. Two coats, 30 minutes apart. The leather did not become discolored in any way, even on the light tan ones. I tried running water over them in the sink and it just rolled off. One can was enough for two pairs of shoes. I did the spraying outside and left the shoes in the back room overnight. In the morning, they no longer smelled like the spray.

Allen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Moc Toe Oxford,Brown,11.5 E
Allen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Moc Toe Oxford,Brown,11.5 E
Offered by Crisp Boutique
Price: $294.95
8 used & new from $294.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Useless to me, April 14, 2014
These shoes have a build-in poron insole that cannot be removed, even by force. The insole's arch hits my foot in a way that is very uncomfortable. I have this problem with other shoes, but it can usually be solved by replacing the original insole with a different one. Not an option with these. Too bad.

Kiwi Suede and Nubuck Cleaner Spray for All Colors, 4.25 oz
Kiwi Suede and Nubuck Cleaner Spray for All Colors, 4.25 oz
Offered by The Natural Health Shoppe
Price: $6.98
17 used & new from $1.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff., April 14, 2014
I've used this to rescue several pairs of shoes and boots. Only caveat is the so-called brush lid is useless - you need a real suede brush or similar (toothbrush will work). This is basically a solvent that evaporates quickly, so you have to spray it on a spot and immediately start scrubbing. It won't get out every stain, but it will get out the usual everyday stuff.

Florsheim Men's Ninety Two Oxford
Florsheim Men's Ninety Two Oxford
Price: $174.95 - $175.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice balance of casual and classic, lightweight, April 11, 2014
I don't own these, but I tried them on in the store. I'm happy to see a casual wingtip that doesn't have a stupid sneaker sole in some garish color. The red crepe sole on these is a more timeless choice, much like you would see on a pair of classic bucks, but a bit softer. I'm not a fan of contrast stitching because you can't use colored polish to fill in scuffs as easily, but it's a nice look. These are soft and comfortable, true to size, but not quite as supportive as I wanted and none of the colors were quite my bag (and if you get the grey camo you are a tool). Still, a nice choice for a fashion comfort shoe.

Only caveat is I don't think the sole is going to be very durable since it's so soft. It looks like you could probably get these resoled with a standard crepe sole later, but not sure.

3 Pairs of Large Felt Tongue Pads for Shoes and Boots Self Adhesive Size Large
3 Pairs of Large Felt Tongue Pads for Shoes and Boots Self Adhesive Size Large
Offered by Orthostep
Price: $8.50
6 used & new from $3.55

3.0 out of 5 stars Too fuzzy, April 9, 2014
These do the job and apply and remove easily, but they are such a loose felt or whatever that they just fall apart and shed everywhere. I'm sure over time they will reach some sort of equilibrium, but in the future I will look for something that is wrapped or lined.

Cordohyde Mens Waxed Thin Dress Round Brown 30 inch Shoelaces 1 Pair Pack
Cordohyde Mens Waxed Thin Dress Round Brown 30 inch Shoelaces 1 Pair Pack
Offered by Orthostep
Price: $4.30
3 used & new from $4.30

1.0 out of 5 stars There's such a thing as too waxy, April 9, 2014
These shoelaces are gross. They are so permeated with wax that they just look cracked and discolored plus my hands feel greasy every time I tie my shoes.

Fiebings Acrylic Resolene Dye Top Finish 4oz - 3 Colors
Fiebings Acrylic Resolene Dye Top Finish 4oz - 3 Colors
Offered by careforyou
Price: $2.41
7 used & new from $2.41

3.0 out of 5 stars Too tacky, hard to apply, April 9, 2014
This is very difficult to apply with a wool dauber. It says to shake it, but then it gets very foamy and is tough to get an even coat when you can't go over the same area twice due to the stickiness. I'm going to try with a Preval sprayer instead, maybe watered down a bit. It's also a bit too shiny, I don't know why they don't sell different versions like Tandy seems to.

Tandy Leather Fiebings Professional Oil Dye Dark Brown 4 oz 2110-02
Tandy Leather Fiebings Professional Oil Dye Dark Brown 4 oz 2110-02
Offered by THE Original Horse Tack Company
Price: $4.46
7 used & new from $2.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Rich, even color, April 9, 2014
I've used both the regular Fieblings and the oil dye and I must say the oil dye is much easier to apply, although it is harder to clean up if you get any on you or anything else.

Mother Earth Products Dried Leek Rings, Green Onions, 1 Full Quart
Mother Earth Products Dried Leek Rings, Green Onions, 1 Full Quart
Price: $9.95
2 used & new from $9.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential pantry item, April 9, 2014
Leeks add amazing flavor to soups and stews, but they tend to be expensive, aren't always available and can be difficult to clean. These won't replace fresh leeks in every dish, but they do really improve the flavor of many recipes and are especially helpful when you just want a little.

Allen Edmonds Men's Bellevue Lace-Up,Dark Brown,12 D US
Allen Edmonds Men's Bellevue Lace-Up,Dark Brown,12 D US

3.0 out of 5 stars Runs large, April 9, 2014
A lot of AE shoes do seem to run large and so do these. They feel a bit over-structured and I wish they had Vibram Gumlite soles rather than the AE rubber with hollow pockets which are too heavy and squishy. These also come with the built-in Poron insole which theoretically molds to your feet, but for me the arches are too high. I don't know why AE even makes this style instead of just making all their comfort shoes like the orthotic models with removable insoles. If it's not leather over cork, why glue it in?

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20