Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS
Profile for Manda Nicole > Reviews

Browse

Manda Nicole's Profile

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Manda Nicole RSS Feed

Geese Don't Say, "Ruff!"
Geese Don't Say, "Ruff!"
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars With a toddler, simple is best!, September 3, 2013
[...]

Having published my own book through amazon I've been introduced to the world of self-publishing and have come to understand why books are free on Amazon. Perhaps I'm just odd, but it never fully registered before. I must say, I have a whole new goal to read and review tons of the free kindle books I've downloaded over the years! I am guilty of them sitting on my shelf.

When I saw a mother in a parenting group I'm in talk about publishing her first children's book over Amazon I was shown the world of books for kids for the eReader. I went crazy with downloads so, as my daughter got older, she'd have books of her own to read on the device. I can't wait until she can look at them all!

This book was particularly fantastic for this because she was old enough to understand it now. It is perfect for her age range (2-3) and the illustrations were absolutely perfect for her. She wasn't flustered by all the graphics and didn't have to sort out anything, she could point to the image... say what it was and move on in the book. I think she really liked this aspect of this book, I know I did. As a parent I wasn't left having to answer fifteen "what is that" while on one page!

The book is rather simple and follows a young child as he makes the animal sounds. I'm going to guess his favorite animal sound comes from a dog because that is what a few of the different animals sounded like! It was a cute book and demonstrates how children perceive sounds and animals around them. It's a learning process to figure out that this animal makes this sound and that animal makes that sound.

All in all, I definitely recommend this book to a parent with a young child who likes picture books with easy to follow stories. And with that, I must apologize for any typos as my 7 month old helped me write this ;)

The Mind Readers
The Mind Readers
Price: $0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars An Enjoyable Read, May 23, 2012
This review is from: The Mind Readers (Kindle Edition)
I got this book while browsing through the free books and am pleased to say that I will be purchasing the second one soon. It was very entertaining. I was truly able to bond with the character and understand her. I would recommend this book for teens in high school. Early high school. I'm 19, a mother and a wife and did find some parts boring but that's because this girl is a senior in high school and it's written for a lower maturity level.

Either way it was very entertaining.

Kolcraft Baby Sit and Step 2-In-1 Activity Center, Pink (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute, Fun & A Good Deal, September 2, 2011
This toy does everything it says it will. It's a great place for babies to play and the walking toy is super cute! It was essentially a waste of money for us because my daughter much prefers playing on the floor with her toys. As soon as she could crawl and pull herself up on things she didn't want to be in it anymore. She wanted to pull herself up on it and play with the toys that way.

We ended up putting it in storage just a month or two after we purchased it so she could play with the walker toy and so it wouldn't take up so much room. It is VERY bulky!! I do not recommened it for small living spaces. Otherwise, it does everything it says it will!

Magic Bullet Baby Bullet Baby Care System
Magic Bullet Baby Bullet Baby Care System
Price: $59.00
85 used & new from $30.49

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Worth It, September 2, 2011
I can't say that this little item doesn't work. It works great! The food gets pureed and it's quite simple to use. Clean up sucks but other than that it does everything it says. What I didn't realize when I bought it was that any regular food processor would do the same thing and that I was wasting my money. Now, I got it for a good price. I think I paid 60 for it and that was AFTER shipping and handling. The next day, though, the price had gone up tremendously! I was okay getting it for what I paid for it but honestly, it's a better idea to just spend the twenty bucks at Wal-mart (or amazon) for a ninja or something like that.

A couple of problems I did have with it was the smell. It gets heated quickly and puts of a smell which apparently any machine does but I still don't like it and I didn't expect it. And it also leaks. I've had to wipe out underneath it to where the actual part that turns the blades are many times. I'm afraid the liquid is doing to get in there and ruin something but there isn't anything that can be done about the problem.

Rocketfish RF-BPRAC3 Universal Laptop AC Adapter
Rocketfish RF-BPRAC3 Universal Laptop AC Adapter
Offered by E-Mart by Setab
Price: $54.15
13 used & new from $32.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Gread Deal!, September 2, 2011
This was an excellent find! Right before I found this product on Amazon I was going to buy it from a store for over $80! Thanks to their reward points program and Amazon Prime I paid less than 5 bucks for it! And it hasn't disappointed at all. We had some initial confusion with their being more than one jack that fit into the laptop but once we got the right one in it started getting power and the battery had no problem charging. It was as simple as plugging it in and going.

The model computer I have is Lenovo and it works great with it!