Industrial-Sized Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Andra Day Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage GNO Big Savings in the Amazon Fall Sportsman Event Deal of the Day
Profile for JPH > Reviews

Browse

JPH's Profile

Customer Reviews: 9

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

JPH RSS Feed

14' G4 Enclosure Trampoline Netting Using 4 Poles
14' G4 Enclosure Trampoline Netting Using 4 Poles
Offered by TrampolineParts Center
Price: $78.78
3 used & new from $78.78

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Quality!, May 27, 2015
This net is very nice! For the sake of future readers, mine came from TrampolineParts Center and I couldn't be happier. It's been several years since we got the trampoline, but this net seems to be of higher quality than the original.The material is not quite as soft as the original net though, but that may come with time. It is described perfectly and shipping was prompt. It comes with the strings needed to tie the net down. These should be tied at each end and snaked through at the bottom every inch or so to keep the bottom tight. I don't care too much for tying all of the strings, so I just went to Lowes and got a 50ft paracord and fed it 25ft each way. There is a larger row near the bottom of the net where the string should be fed. I fed the paracord in and out every inch or so and under each spring. This seems to have worked even better than the individual strings. This seems like it would take longer, but it actually went much faster since I didn't have to tie each of the smaller strings twice. The only problem I had was that the net was a few inches shorter than my original net, which just meant that I had to lower each of the pole a few inches to accommodate for this. No big deal though. The zipper is also nice and seems like it will last a good time. I've only had it up for a few days, so I can comment on the durability at this point. I'll update my review this fall after the kids have beaten in up for a few months.

O'Neill Reactor Reef Boot (Black/Coal, 13)
O'Neill Reactor Reef Boot (Black/Coal, 13)
Price: $31.95
7 used & new from $26.66

5.0 out of 5 stars Sizing, March 20, 2015
This review is my attempt to bring some clarity to the sizing for these (O'Neill Reactor Reef Boot). First of all, be aware that the sizing is listed in men's sizes. Before I get deeper into the sizing, I want to address the issues I have with the current reviews as a whole (BTW, I appreciate all of them):

1. Gender - Many of the reviews state to size up or down, but most people don't state their gender. Because women's shoe sizes are typically a full size larger then men's, stating to size up or down without stating gender is arbitrary.

2. Shoe Size - A lot of the reviewers compared these to their typical shoe size, but this is a very subjective statement because shoe sizing itself is very subjective. For example, in my experience, basketball shoes run a bit tighter than running shoes, but different brands of [same size] running shoes fit differently as well. I'm not sure if this is because of the different materials used, design, or a lack of standardization.

3. Fit - Many of the reviews stated that they "fit good", but that is also a subjective statement based on one's preferred fit, thus not overly helpful by itself.

Ok, now on to the sizing details. This is only an estimation based on my own measurements, but since the seller and/or Amazon has not provided this information, you'll have to take my word for it. I first ordered these for my wife, who normally wears a women's size 7 1/2 - 8. Because she will be using these with snorkeling fins, they needed to be nice and snug, and since there aren't half sizes, I opted to size down. Now, because these are listed in men's sizes, I order a size 6, which is equivalent to a women's 7. For reference, her bare foot is 9" from the tip of her big toe to the back of her heel. The size 6 (women's 7) reef shoes measure 9 1/2" on the outside. I didn't measure the inside, but roughly estimate 1/4" for material, which leaves 1/4" at the toe. She said it fits nice and snug, but not too tight, no slipping at the heel and just a little room at the toe.

For myself, I had it in my mind that I wear size 14 (because I mostly do), so I ordered a 14 for myself. BTW, i'm a man if you haven't figured that out yet. When I got them, I tried them on and they were too big, which was really confusing because I wear a 14....at least I thought I did. Well, I do, but like I stated above, shoe sizing is very subjective. I immediately went and looked at all of my shoes and about half of them are size 13, the other half 14. All of them are Nike or Adidas and I could not determine any consistency based on brand, type, or material. I decided to measure my foot to get to the bottom of this, which confused me even more because my foot measured almost exactly 12" (11 15/16" to be perfectly exact). So why don't I wear a size 12 if my foot measures 12"??? Well, that's another story and I don't even really understand it....Google it if you really need to know. The size 14 reef shoes measure 12 1/2" on the outside. I know what you're thinking...if my wife's reef shoe measured 1/2" bigger than her foot and it fit snug, then how were mine too big??? Well, I don't have an answer for that....like I said, this all based on measurements taken at different times with a tape measure, so it's not 100% accurate. This is also where personal preference comes into play. I'm hoping you can take what i've stated here and make an educated decision. Anyway, so I exchanged the 14 for a 13 and that fits much better. They are very snug, but I wouldn't want them any tighter as my toe is pretty darn close to the front tip. The nice thing is that the neoprene allows a good amount of flexibility, which I think i'm taking advantage of, but this is much better than the 14 for my needs. The outside measurement of the size 13 is 12 1/8", so you can see that I don't have much room to spare, yet I think they will be just fine.

Based on the measurements taken from my wife's size 6 and my 13 and 14, i've come up with a rough estimate of the sizing:

Note: This is the external measurement...the internal measurement will be slightly less.

Size 6: 9 1/2"
Size 11: 11 3/8"
Size 12: 11 3/4"
Size 13: 12 1/8"
Size 14: 12 1/2"

I hope this helps...good luck!

King Will 8mm High Polished Center / Matte Finish Men's Tungsten Ring Wedding Band All Sizes
Offered by Brandline
Price: $118.99

5.0 out of 5 stars NICE RING!!!, August 11, 2014
I lost my original wedding ring while rescuing my wife from a rip current in Cancun two years ago. I felt it come off and knew instantly that I would never see it again, but I didn't care about the ring at that moment. All I cared about was saving my wife, who was being swept out to sea. I ended up getting her back to shore after quite a struggle and what seemed like forever.

The ring I lost was quite unique and we could not find one like it, so I went for two years without one. I was recently browsing on Amazon and noticed this ring, which shared some features of my lost ring, so I ordered it. I couldn't be more happy with this ring. It looks exactly as pictured and is very well made. It's quite heavy and has a very solid feel. I even dragged it along the concrete to show my wife and the concrete didn't fare so well, but the ring remained perfect.

Regarding the fit, it is very comfortable, assuming you get the correct size. Don't trust the paper or string method...I was 2 sizes too big using that method. You should go to a jewelry store and get sized to be sure (they also have a sizing keyring at walmart or any store that sells rings). They say you should be able to slide the ring on, but someone else should not be able to take it off. Using that as my guide, I stuck my finger in the different sized keyrings and determined my size. The ring fits exactly as I expected it to. I would highly recommend this ring to anyone.

Fujifilm Quick Snap Waterproof 35mm Fuji Disposable / Single Use Underwater Camera (5 Pack)
Offered by The Perfect Deals
Price: $34.40
10 used & new from $28.16

1.0 out of 5 stars Below average even under perfect conditions..., July 20, 2012
I have to be honest, I wish I had read the negative reviews on this camera instead of the positive. I bought 5 of them to take with us to Cancun because I wanted to take pictures in wet conditions, which included a day trip to Xplor in Playa. I understand now that I made a huge mistake because these cameras are terrible. Out of the 135 pictures total, maybe 10 came out pretty nice, but that was in perfect light and dry conditions. The others were either way too bright and grainy or pretty much completely black and grainy. These cameras are 100% useless in any lower to moderate light conditions, and when I say low light I mean if the sun isn't shining, then don't bother. After the cost of the 5 cameras and the cost to develop them, i'm out $93. All for a handful of crappy pictures and ruined memories. I could have bought a decent 16 megapixel waterproof digital for another $50. I will never, ever purchase these again and I would highly recommend that you not be fooled by the positive reviews here.

HP Photosmart Plus Wireless e-All-in-One Printer (CN216A#B1H)
HP Photosmart Plus Wireless e-All-in-One Printer (CN216A#B1H)
3 used & new from $109.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Disaster!, December 15, 2011
This printer is the single most frustrating piece of equipment I have ever used, and that's saying a lot.

Pros:

- It's pretty.
- The print quality is pretty good when it actually works.
- The scanner and software actually works pretty good. I have not had any problems with it.

Cons:

- Connecting wirelessly is a nightmare, even for technical people like me.
- Connection drops frequently.
- Can't print when connected to VPN.
- Clearing print queue doesn't matter...all documents will still print even when queue is cleared.
- I'm not sure what it does before and after each print job, but it's loud and takes forever...and when you think it's done, nope! Extremely annoying!
- Tells me my ink supply is low when it's not....of course, you have to clear the warning before you you can print.
- God forbid anyone wants to use generic ink...errors pop up telling you this as if you didn't know. The errors have to be cleared before the print job will start.
- If you lose power or the printer gets unplugged by mistake, the printer will make sure it yells at you for not shutting down properly. Of course, error has to manually be cleared before the job will print.
- The printer kicks out a blank sheet before every new job.
- The paper feed stops at the end of the page and will not let it go, then after a few minutes finally spits it out.
- The paper just falls on the floor because the tray is not long enough...I mean, there is really not a tray to catch the paper.

I'm sure there are plenty more issues that I couldn't think of. I hope HP reads these reviews and fires all of the developers and testers who worked on this hunk of garbage. I will be adding a video to this review next spring, which will called "HP Photosmart - Death by Sledghammer". I think a lot of people will enjoy watching this.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 25, 2011 5:47 PM PST

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it...love it...love it!!!, April 16, 2011
I am now officially a fan of coconut oil!!! I was a bit sceptical at first, but this stuff really is awesome. My wife and I have a jar in our bedroom and use it primarily for skin lotion, but have also used it as a massage oil and as an intimate lubricant(works great...edible too!). We also have a jar in our baby's room and have used it to cure diaper rash and dry skin. The best thing about applying coconut oil to your baby's skin is that it's natural and edible, so you don't have to worry about it getting on their hands, which also means in their mouth. And you don't have to worry about what chemicals you're rubbing into your baby's skin.

Like the other reviews have stated, this stuff is solid below 76 degrees and a liquid at or above 76 degrees. As a solid, it's a bit gritty at first, but almost immediately melts in your hand. Also, i'm amazed by how little you actually need....a tiny bit goes a long way. The first time I gave my wife a massage with this, I ended up putting on way too much and ended up wiping a bunch off with a towel. I also stained the sheets that night, but I think it came out after a few washes. BTW, the scent is a very light coconut scent...i'm not a big fan of coconut smell to begin with, but this doesn't bother me in the least.

Strathwood Basics Anti-Gravity Adjustable Recliner Chair, Caribbean Blue (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

3.0 out of 5 stars Comfy, but pretty scratched up...horrible packaging, August 28, 2010
I bought this chair for my pregnant wife to take on our lake vacation as there are no comfortable chairs at the place we stay. It arrived in a box barely larger than the folded chair and there was absolutely no packaging material in the box. The chair tubing was scuffed up and scratched pretty much everywhere, but it was still functional. I'm not convinced that the scratched were even from shipping given the location of some of them, which makes me think the chairs are coming from the manufacturer this way. At any rate, we were leaving in a couple days, so we couldn't return it and really just had to deal with it...like I said, it was still functional. So, we got to the cabin and set the chair up and it is very comfortable...my wife really liked it.

I have mixed feelings about this chair because it's very comfortable and is actually a really nicely constructed chair. The only problem is the scratches and scuffs really detract from how nice the chair really is. If you're looking for a nice, sturdy, comfortable chair and don't care too much about cosmetic appearance, then this is for you. I wouldn't recommend this chair if you are looking for something with a nice finish.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 15, 2010 5:00 PM PDT

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work for me..., June 27, 2010
Let me start off by saying that my review is based solely on my personal experience. I am an experienced weight lifter of over 15 years, but put on some weight after my daughter was born. I have used countless supplements and am very educated on the subject of diet and exercise. I started the P90X workout, but was having some difficulty getting motivated after a long day at work, so I ordered this stuff to help me get into my workouts. I didn't notice any added energy or focus with one scoop, so I took two the next day. Unfortunately, that didn't help either, so I decided to take 3 scoops the next day. Well, that definately made a difference, but not in the way I had hoped. I was experiencing what felt like an anxiety attack of some sort...I couldn't relax and was having trouble catching my breath. I didn't immediately attribute this to the Jack3d supplement, but that was the only thing different in my daily routine, so i stopped using it for about a week. Within that week, I did not experience similar symptoms during my workouts. I decided to give Jack3d another chance and again mixed 3 scoops, but unfortunately experienced the same symptoms. I have sinced shelved this supplement as it did not benefit me.

Bottom line, this stuff was a waste of money as far as i'm concerned. Obviously, this must work for others based on the reviews, but I can't help but to wonder if some of these positive reviewers are experiencing a placebo effect. As far as i'm concerned, nothing beats a good old ECA stack.
Comment Comments (10) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 25, 2013 9:02 PM PST

Beans72 Organic Buckwheat Pillow - Twin/ Standard Size (20" x 26")
Beans72 Organic Buckwheat Pillow - Twin/ Standard Size (20" x 26")
Offered by Beans72 Buckwheat Pillows
Price: $59.95
3 used & new from $49.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Pillow...worth the money!!!, June 27, 2010
I have been having neck pain and morning headaches for many years due to poor neck support while I sleep. I wanted to buy one of these pillows for years, but never wanted to "risk" that much on a pillow that I wasn't sure would even help me. I finally had enough and ordered this buckwheat pillow, which I have been enjoying for the past 5 months. Not a single time have I woken up with neck pain or a headache since I got this pillow. My neck feels loose and I feel more refreshed in the mornings. On top of that, it stays cool and sweating has not been a problem. I only wish I had purchased this years ago. I want to address some of the points made by other reviewers.

1. The pillow is fairly heavy and might be difficult to move around for a person of small stature.
2. I did notice a slight scent for the first week, though it was not very strong.
3. The pillow is pretty loud at first, but you get used to it after a week or so.
4. The pillow is very firm, but it's not uncomfortable. As one reviewer stated, it feels like when you're laying on the beach and you mold some sand under your towel to support your head. I must admit that I was a bit surprised by the firmness at first as well, but now I don't know that could ever enjoy anything else.

Pros:

- Very supportive, molds to your head and neck.
- Stays cool...I have only had to flip it a few times in 5 months.
- Helps me sleep through the night.
- High quality materials...this pillow is built to last.
- You can push the husks around and mold them to meet your specific needs.
- Fits standard pillow cases...I use two(in opposite directions) for added firmness.
- The price...I would pay this price a thousand more times before going back to a regular soft pillow.

Cons:

- The pillow is heavy and may be difficult for some people to move around while using it.
- The noise was distracting to the point where I thought I would wake my wife, though she stated that she didn't hear a thing. I quickly became tollerant of the noise and was not bothered by it after a week or two.

Bottom line, I love this pillow and highly recommend this to anyone who needs a pillow that provides head/neck support. As stated above, this pillow takes some time to get used to, but just stick with it and your head/neck/body will thank you.

UPDATE 4/16/2011

Ok, so i've been using this pillow for over a year now and still love it, but I wanted to make a few points based on my experiences since my last review.

My pillow is still in near perfect condition after daily use for over a year. I'm a pretty heavy night sweater and this pillow stays much cooler than most others, but I do have to flip the pillow from time to time. Also, the cover has become discolored as a result of the sweating, but that is common with every pillow I have ever used. If you're planning on washing the cover, do yourself a favor and use a big bucket to hold the husks...I made the mistake of using a pillow case and made a big mess. I have also noticed that the pillow seems to be a little less firm than when I first got it, but I don't know if that's because the husks have lost their fullness or if maybe it just seems less firm because i'm acclimated to it now. I guess it could also have something to do with the mess described above...LOL. At any rate, the pillow is still pretty awesome.

Now, I must admit that I had to abandon this pillow on a few occasions over the past year. A few times I came home from work with a stiff neck and pounding headache and all I wanted to do was lay my head on something soft. The other time was about a week stretch where I was sick with the flu and again just wanted something soft and fluffy. So, I guess what i'm trying to say is that this pillow rocks, but not for headaches and illness. I keep a couple soft pillows around for those bad days.