Profile for Raz > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 39

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Raz RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Lexar Professional 800x 64GB CompactFlash Card LCF64GCRBNA800
Lexar Professional 800x 64GB CompactFlash Card LCF64GCRBNA800
Price: $74.99
23 used & new from $69.39

5.0 out of 5 stars so…an easy choice., September 22, 2014
This is my first Lexar, I've always used SanDisk, but the specs of this one are higher for the same value, so…an easy choice.

Lexar Dual Slot USB 3.0 Reader Professional LRW307URBNA
Lexar Dual Slot USB 3.0 Reader Professional LRW307URBNA
Price: $34.95
80 used & new from $31.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, September 22, 2014
This little toy is very useful and it works great. Excellent value.

Canon Battery Grip BG-E6
Canon Battery Grip BG-E6
Offered by Photo Savings
Price: $269.00
25 used & new from $89.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Still around new!!, September 22, 2014
I really didn't think I would be able to find a new battery grip in 2014 for a 5D mkII, but I did. It is definitely a great accessory to any DSLR and for the mkII as well. Highly recommend it.

Picture Perfect Posing: Practicing the Art of Posing for Photographers and Models (Voices That Matter)
Price: $22.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, May 24, 2014
Do not miss this. The best explanation to posing techniques I have ever encountered. A must read for anyone who is serious about portrait photography

Speck Products SPK-1994 iGuy Freestanding Case for iPad Air (5th Gen) - Chili Pepper Red
Price: $31.10
3 used & new from $27.51

3.0 out of 5 stars not quite the kind of protection I was hoping for, March 5, 2014
I don't think there is such a thing as a fool proof shock proof iPad case, but to be honest that's what I was hoping for in this one. Its pretty good, fits the Air nicely and protects it good enough IF it is dropped with its edges on hard surfaces. If it is dropped, banged with the screen agains a hard surface, ….well, like I said, there no real protection against that. And kids always find a way to do just that :)
All in all a good product, nice and soft, although it seems quite prone to retaining dirt in its surface, especially those…"hands" which will be most used, and it doesn't look like its something that can be just cleaned out with water and soap or something similar.

Polaroid Pro Studio 42" Collapsible Circular Reflector Disc, White/Silver Includes Deluxe Carrying Case
2 used & new from $17.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Decent quality, March 5, 2014
The size is perfect, the flexible ring seems sturdy and easy to manipulate. I find the white side a bit shiny though, i was expecting it to be more opaque, but I'll have to try it and see the results before i complain.
Good investment, I recommend it.

Kindle DX US & International - Graphite,-R
Kindle DX US & International - Graphite,-R
2 used & new from $299.99

5.0 out of 5 stars wish they'd still make this one, February 24, 2014
This was by far my best reading gadget ever until I dropped it and broke down... I almost cried when that happened, especially after talking to an Amazon representative and found out they are no longer in production.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars good quality, very useful, February 24, 2014
I didn't think a monopod would be as useful until I got a carbon tripod that was way more expensive and is shaky enough to make me think twice every time I think I need a steady rig.
For shooting my heavy 80-200/2.8 with my Nikon D7000, this monopod is the perfect accessory for action and more.
I paired this up with a Giottos MH-1000/652 head and plate and works beautifully. I leave my Induro CT014 at home most of the times now.

Alfa AWUS036NHR - High-Gain 2000mw 2W 802.11 B/G/N Wireless USB Network Adaptor With Suction cup / Clip Window Mount dock- Wireless-N 802.11n Wi-Fi - 150Mbps - 2.4 GHz - 5dBi Antenna - Long Range - Realtek Chipset - Strongest on the Market - NEWEST VERSION

1.0 out of 5 stars no better that built in wi-fi antenna, February 24, 2014
I use this with a 2009 MacBook Pro.

Except for getting a huge list of wi-fi "hotp-spots" which turned out to be 60% unusable anyway because they don't have a name… this thing performs no better than my built-in wi-fi antenna which at least shows me the names of the wifi networks found and their protection status.

I wouldn't advise you to buy one.

Nikon MB-D11 Multi-Power Battery Pack for Nikon D7000 Digital SLR Camera - Retail Packaging
Price: $199.95
32 used & new from $135.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Great accessory, a bit overpriced though, February 24, 2014
After reading dozens of reviews about this product, I was afraid I might end up with a fake one, no matter where I purchase it from. Adorama sells it through Amazon, but for convenience, I got it directly from Adorama because I also wanted other things that Amazon wasn't selling.
I got the real thing, no doubt about it, and I'll tell you here what I think about it.

The grip does add quite a bit of weight to the D7000, especially with a second EN-EL15 inside. Still, the added weight doesn't pose and issue because the grip also balances the overall weight distribution of the camera in a fantastic way. The D7000 now feels like a professional DSLR, but lighter.

The rubber finish is excellent, almost better than the one on the D7000, and they look identical in texture - maybe the one on my camera is just a little worn out already, while the new one on the grip smells and feels like new.

The controls wheels and the shutter lock are a little stiffer than I expected. The multi-directional joystick on the other hand feels a little loose and gives the feeling that might break any second. Mine is also inconsistent in performance, meaning that it will manage to move the focus point fairly easy in three of the four directions, but requires considerable effort in the fourth direction (up in portrait mode).

My only complaint is about the mount of the grip which indeed leaves room for a tiny bit of play. I've read about this on other reviews and I thought of it as a joke, but I can tell you that every time I grab the camera by the grip, with my heavy 80-200D-ED mounted, and the D7000 moves downwards due to the play, it feels very uncomfortable, giving me the feeling that the camera is going to detach from the grip and fall into pieces on the floor.

I have to get used to this new sensation, or I'll have to improvise something to overcome the issue, which altogether makes it to expensive in my book. This is the only reason why I gave it 4 stars.

Other than that, I highly recommend the grip for all D7000 owners, since it really makes the camera feel a lot more balanced in your hands.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4