Profile for Michael Pettinato > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 332

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Michael Pettinato "mike2922" RSS Feed (U.S.A.)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
The Expendables 3
The Expendables 3

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!!, August 17, 2014
This review is from: The Expendables 3 (DVD)
Much like the second film, we get a dose of action that will take you back to the 80's all over again, to see Stallone, Schwarzengger, Harrison Ford & Mel Gibson in the same film is in itself fun, these four guys defined the 80's, yes they are showing their age no doubt, but honestly I can't think of anyone today who even comes close to matching these guys, except maybe Statham, Ford replaces Bruce Willis (who I did not miss) as Stallone's CIA contact as they must stop Gibson from running arms to anyone who will buy them, Gibson really has fun playing the bad guy, I won't recap the film, others have already done that, but the positive reviews are right on, if you grew up watching these guys, you won't be disappointed, & seeing Wesley Snipes again was fun, & Antonio Banderas is definately the comic relief like everyone says & Ronda Rousey is sweet to look at, the only one missing was Clint Eastwood who I know was offered a role but obviously turned it down, I suspect it was Kelsey Gramer's role that he didn't want, however Clint would have been perfect in that role, too bad Stallone couldn't sway him to do it, all in all, this one is just as good as the last film & will not disappoint, if you were a teen in the 80's, you will like it, if you are a teen today, probably not.

Space Cowboys
Space Cowboys
DVD ~ Clint Eastwood
Price: $4.00
49 used & new from $1.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome movie...., July 13, 2014
This review is from: Space Cowboys (DVD)
I have to admit I had no interest in seeing this one at first, but Clint has done it again, you get a mix of "Armaggeddon" (where NASA questions their abilty) & "Gravity" (where everything that can go wrong does) where Clint assembles his old friends (Jones, Garner, Sutherland) to go into space & fix a satellite that has Clint's designs & only he can fix it, but gets more than he bargained for when he discovers it has a secret to it involving the Russians, there isn't much more I can add that others haven't said, except to say that Clint Eastwood has once again proven why he is a good actor & director, I can say that this is one of his best films hands down, Highly Recommend this one.

Ronda Rousey - UFC - Advanced Graphics Life Size Cardboard Standup
Ronda Rousey - UFC - Advanced Graphics Life Size Cardboard Standup
Offered by Penny Lane Gifts
Price: $42.99

5.0 out of 5 stars So Fine!!, July 13, 2014
I have never watched her fight, but she could beat me up anytime, this is one hot woman, so glad Stallone got her for "Expendables 3"...I would take Ronda over Gina Carano anyday.

World War Z
World War Z
DVD ~ Brad Pitt
Offered by Warehouse Deals 4 Less
Price: $8.28
138 used & new from $2.25

4.0 out of 5 stars Could have been better.., July 13, 2014
This review is from: World War Z (DVD)
But this one is still a good film, however the video game "The Last of Us" which is basicly the same story is better defined & the characters are fleshed out & defined much better, that is what is missing here, although Brad Pitt's character is defined as a loving husband & father, the other characters are just there, I admit that the action is good & the film waste no time getting to the point, & it is fast paced no doubt, which is good for those with short attention spans, but when comparing this to the game "The Last of Us" I have to wonder why this one didn't follow a similar path, I realize zombies have become the new boogie men, but let's be clear as to what may have caused such an outbreak, Will Smith's "I am Legend" did this so well, & the "Last of Us" hints at the cause, this film gives no clear explanation as to what may be the cause, there is a bit of voice over by Pitt at the end that tries to clarify it, but I feel the filmakers may be holding out to do a sequel, which would make sense I guess, as a stand alone film, it doesn't work, but if you put it with "The Last of Us" game & "I am Legend", then yes it does make sense, I will say that the airplane sequence is by far the best part.

Doc Hollywood
Doc Hollywood
DVD ~ Michael J. Fox
Price: $4.85
195 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars What happened to Julie Warner??!!!!, June 27, 2014
This review is from: Doc Hollywood (DVD)
Just saw this again recently on T.V., had not seen it since it came out, I admit that this is not one of my personal favorites, don't know why, but, it has charm, while watching this again I kept wondering why Julie Warner (who plays Michael J. Fox's love interest) didn't go on to bigger & better things, I think she was on the show "Family Law", however this is a good romantic film, but I feel it could have been better, but that is just me, Woody Harrelson & Bridget Fonda are so underused here, plus Fox discovered he had Parkinson's Disease while making this film, there isn't much I can say that others haven't said, this one is a mixed bag for me, on the one hand you have small town people that are so stereo-typed that you wonder if this could be a Stephen King story, but on the other hand you have the romance between Fox & Warner that is so believeable & they have great chemistry, but for me there just seem to be somthing missing with this one, on a side note.....I do believe Julie Warner should have been Jennifer in "Back to the Future II & III" seeing that she looks so much like the original actress who played the character in the first "Back to the Future" film, who didn't return for the sequels, overall, a mediocre film, Fox was much better & funnier in "Greedy"....but I will probably end up getting this one (maybe).

The Matrix Revolutions (Two-Disc Widescreen Edition)
The Matrix Revolutions (Two-Disc Widescreen Edition)
DVD ~ Keanu Reeves
Price: $5.97
1001 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Just as bad as I remembered!!!, June 12, 2014
I had not seen this one since it came out in late 2003 & I thought I would give it another look, man this one went nowhere, it is clear to me now that the Warchowski Brothers never intended for a sequel to the first film, which was great in every way, the second film had it moments, but is in many ways just as ridiculous as this thrid film, although I have found the second film to be better, its ending was idiotic at best, I can only picture how the 2nd & 3rd film was negotiated, here is my take.....

the year is 2000

Warner Bros. to the Warchowskis>>>"your film "The Matrix" did real well last year....we got to have a sequel!!"

Warchowskis to Warner Bros.>>>> (silence)

Warner Bros.>>> "well??!!!

Warchowskis>>> "Uhh, we haven't really conceived a sequel"

Warner Bros.>>>>"We will not only finance the film, but we will make sure the cast members return, & we will double the budget & triple your pay from the first film"

Warchowskis to each other>>>>> "what are we going to do?"......."we will just make it up as we go"......."yeah....after all, it has an audience, we won't have to be as creative this time around"......"yeah....let's just take the money while this offer is valid".........."yeah.....the audience can figure it out"......

Captain America: The Winter Soldier (DVD)
Captain America: The Winter Soldier (DVD)
DVD ~ Chris Evans
Price: $14.96
14 used & new from $10.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Way better than the first film!!, April 4, 2014
I won't go into much of a review, I don't think I can top the ones posted before me, however I will say the positive reviews are right on, this is a cool movie, plenty of action in this one, & Scarlett Johansson is always easy on the eyes as is Cobie Smulders, you will not be disappointed!!

Weird Science (Flashback Edition)
Weird Science (Flashback Edition)
DVD ~ Anthony Michael Hall
Offered by 1dandy1
Price: $12.92
40 used & new from $2.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Still fun almost 30 years later...., March 30, 2014
This is one of those films where you have to suspend belief, but once you get past the Sci-Fi elements that break all the laws of physics, you can kick back & enjoy this one for what it is, about two unpopular teens who create the ultimate fantasy woman & she brings all their dreams & fears to life, there is no doubt that John Hughes was a kid at heart, & with this one he goes all out, by far Anthony Michael Hall's funniest film & we also get a young Robert Downey Jr. & Bill Paxton as well, Paxton practically steals this film as the older brother Chet & Vernon Wells (Commando) reprises his "Road Warrior" character as a biker along with Michael Berryman(Deadly Blessing) as they crash the party, this is the best part, & Kelly LeBrock was no doubt the ultimate fantasy woman back in the day, just like Hughes' "Sixteen Candles" & Breakfast Club", this one is my favorite of the three, this one still makes me laugh.

Last Action Hero
Last Action Hero
DVD ~ Arnold Schwarzenegger
Price: $8.87
27 used & new from $2.74

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally available again in Widescreen!!, March 30, 2014
This review is from: Last Action Hero (DVD)
That's right this re-release from Mill Creek restores this film back to Widescreen format, why Columbia Pictures didn't keep it that way on DVD is just plain nonsense & stupid, I mean I know it didn't shatter box office records, but still that is no excuse, A big thanks to Mill Creek for restoring it to Widescreen, there isn't much I can say that hasn't been said about this one, this had a lot of competition in the summer of '93, films like "Cliffhanger" & "Jurassic Park" for starters & later on "In the line of Fire" & "The Fugitive", but this one is still fun to watch, If you are a fan of Arnold, this is a must have.

I, Robot (Widescreen Edition)
I, Robot (Widescreen Edition)
DVD ~ Will Smith
Price: $5.00
497 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars "There is no way my luck is that bad....oh...hell no!!"..., March 22, 2014
I gotta say I love this movie, Will Smith is so likable as a paranoid cop in the future where robots are a normal part of life & just about everyone has one as if it were a cell phone, except Smith who feels that they are a danger waiting to happen, his paranoia really goes into overdrive when one of the main scientist (James Cromwell) is found dead in the company building after a apparent suiside, Smith of course, knew the scientist & knows somthing isn't right, he then meets with the CEO of the company that designs the robots who is played Bruce Greenwood(Star Trek) about a possible malfunction that could occur with the robots who are supposed to obey 3 laws that says they can't harm humans, Greenwood assures Smith that the 3 laws are intact with every robot but Smith isn't convinced especially when one (Sonny) appears to have gone rogue with some kind of special programming, Bridget Moyahan is the robot specialist who tries to ease Smith's paranoia but has no real impact, after they chase Sonny, he is soon caught & taken in, as Smith says to Moyahan..."rules are made to be broken" when she even talks about the 3 laws, basically this is a cautionary tale about our dependency on technology, like the "Terminator" films, this one clearly shows how artificial life could see itself as being far more superior if we are not careful, although this may be science fiction, scientist have said this could be our reality in about 50 to 60 years & Smith definately gives us reasons to be paranoid about technology run amok, but it is Smith's charm that really keeps this one fun to watch, especially his one-liners when he is attacked by robots in a tunnel, we identify with his paranoia, & Bridget Moyahan is sweet to look at & Sonny is a robot you just can't help but like especially when we learn his real purpose, by far Will Smith's best film.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20