Profile for AK > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 224

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

AK RSS Feed (Kentucky)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Seek UW-AAA Thermal Imaging Camera USB Connector for Android Devices, Black
Seek UW-AAA Thermal Imaging Camera USB Connector for Android Devices, Black
Price: $249.00
11 used & new from $190.23

5.0 out of 5 stars Very cool, very useful., February 23, 2015
Very, very cool. It does what a thermal camera is supposed to do, it works great on my HTC M8 (Lollipop). Some phones need a little 5$ cord because the mini USB port on the phone is backwards and that means the thermal camera is facing you when attached to the phone, no big deal. I use this thermal camera in the workshop quite a bit to detect hot batteries, hot components (that aren't supposed to be hot if they are working correctly, etc). There are a lot more uses for this camera that I am discovering every day. Things like ventilation leaks under doors, hot motors, you name it. I'm happy with it :)

Etón NFR160WXR Microlink Self-Powered AM/FM/NOAA Weather Radio with Flashlight, Solar Power and Cell Phone Charger (Red)
Offered by Yogi Comp
Price: $31.99
8 used & new from $24.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Not that good, February 19, 2015
After a year of light use, battery getting weak and volume knob fell off. Other than that, I suppose I could get some use out of it if I really needed it. I could wire in a large external 3.6V Lipo if I needed a radio.

Schwinn Pillow Top Cruiser Bicycle Seat
Schwinn Pillow Top Cruiser Bicycle Seat
Price: $17.99
11 used & new from $16.55

3.0 out of 5 stars Not sure about the "softest seat" claims, February 4, 2015
Are you guys sure this is the softest seat you ever sat on. I must have a boney backside, because I thought I was sitting on a 2 by 4. I suppose it needs to be broken in. The construction quality is excellent, easy to install.

DROK® Small Pocket Digital Ammeter Voltmeter Multimeter USB Voltage Ampere Testing Meter Red Blue LED Panel Display, Dual-USB 2.0 HUB Fast Charger Doctor Volt Amp Detector Tester Mobile Power Monitor Gauge for iPad iPhone 4 4S 5S 6/6 Plus
Offered by DROK
Price: $14.30

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful gadget. Works well too., February 4, 2015
This is a handy gadget to tell which one of your USB chargers is putting out good amps or is just weak. You can also use it to quickly tell when your device is almost fully charged (because the amps start dropping off). I use it more than I thought I would.

Combo: 5pcs of Tenergy 3.7V 380mAh LiPO Battery for Hubsan X4 (H107C, H107D, H107L) 4 Channel 2.4GHz RC QuadCopter
Offered by Battery Superstore
Price: $29.99
4 used & new from $20.99

4.0 out of 5 stars More flight time but more weight, February 4, 2015
These batteries do a fine job. You will get longer flight time but you can "feel" the weight of the larger battery. The Hubsan still can do flips and all kinds of tricks but just in a more sluggish manner. It's a tradeoff, but these are good batteries.

12 Rechargeable AA and 12 Rechargeable AAA Ni-MH GP Pre-Charged Batteries
12 Rechargeable AA and 12 Rechargeable AAA Ni-MH GP Pre-Charged Batteries

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Batteries!, February 4, 2015
These are very good batteries, not the top in class but right up in the top 10%. All batteries charged to within 20% of rated capacity and there were no throw aways. You'd be surprised with batteries (that rhyme with energy) how many are bad. Anyway, I've tried and tested a lot of batteries, I'll buy these and eneloops.

FrSky 2.4G ACCST Taranis X9D Plus Transmitter
FrSky 2.4G ACCST Taranis X9D Plus Transmitter
Offered by skyreat
Price: $329.50
2 used & new from $329.50

3.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic radio at a great price, January 23, 2015
I wont tell you about aloft hobbies dot com (one word) or I would get in trouble. Fantastic radio at a great price. Revolutionary...

Maverick Et-732 Remote Bbq Smoker Thermometer
Maverick Et-732 Remote Bbq Smoker Thermometer
Price: $54.99
31 used & new from $49.49

2.0 out of 5 stars Unreliable, January 20, 2015
After a year of use, this ET-732 has broken repeatedly. The buttons on the receiver quit working after only a few uses and the temperature probes only last 5 or so cook outs. I am extremely careful with the probes and am careful not to get them wet or soak them or pinch the line in the grill. Nevertheless, they fail frequently. When this system works, it is extremely useful, but it breaks too much for me to trust. I'm looking for a better replacement product. YMMV.

Opus BT-C2000-charger-set AC 100-240V Battery Charger Tester Analyzer NiMH NiCd AA AAA C D Cells, Wall Adapter 12 Volt Input Portable Option
Offered by DL Portable Power
Price: $39.87
5 used & new from $39.67

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the one you want, January 5, 2015
I've tried several chargers, Ansman 8+, Accupower Accumanager 20, LaCrosse BC-700 and this Opus BT-C2000. As stated by "NLee the Enginner", an excellent Battery and Battery charger reviewer on Amazon, the Opus BT-C2000 is the best. I agree with his assessment. The BC-700 does a nice job but the Opus BT-C2000 does more. It can do AAA, AA, C, and D batteries as well as refresh them and do a quick internal resistance test. I would be happy with the BC-700 except it doesn't do C and D batteries or internal testing.. If I were to recommend one charger that does it all, it would be the Opus BT-C2000 charger. Easy to use, 5 Stars.

8 pcs of Premium Tenergy D Size 10,000mAh High Capacity High Rate NiMH Rechargeable Batteries
Offered by Battery Superstore
Price: $58.90
2 used & new from $58.90

2.0 out of 5 stars Not doing well over time. +++UPDATE 2, January 1, 2015
I've been using the Blue Tenergy and these newer Tenergy white batteries in all sizes for the last 3-4 years. I am finding about a 30% failure rate for the blue Tenergy batteries in all sizes and about a 20% failure rate for the white tenergies. I am using the LaCrosse BC-700 and the OPUS BT-C2000 v2.1 chargers to Charge/Test each battery as it comes up for recharging. The capacities for the blue tenergy batteries have gone down by anywhere from 30 - 50%. I throw the batteries away when they get below 80% of rated capacity. Needless to say, I don't have but a few blue Tenergy batteries left. I have more white Tenergy batteries left but they are dwindling too (for capacity reasons).

I am now a believer in the GP ReCyko, Eneloop, and AmazonBasics batteries, they are doing much better. I am also a big follower of a reviewer on Amazon that goes by "NLee the Engineer" His recommendations have been OUTSTANDING.

++ UPDATE The number of recharge cycles stated is something like 1000+ cycles. I'm seeing 10 - 20 cycles (if that). Doing a discharge/refresh can sometimes improve capacity back to the vicinity of 70 - 80% capacity but only about 40% of the time. I'm throwing out more batteries than I am keeping.

++ I just received another 10 pk of Tenergy Premium (White) D Cells. Out of 10, only 5 had a capacity > 8000 mah. The other 5 were in the 3000 - 4600mah range, so I chunked them..... 10,000mah? I think not... YMMV

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20