Profile for AK > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 205

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

AK RSS Feed (Kentucky)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
10 ft. Foundation Crack Repair Kit - Polyurethane Foam
10 ft. Foundation Crack Repair Kit - Polyurethane Foam
Offered by Emecole, Inc.
Price: $132.00

4.0 out of 5 stars It works if you understand the concept, June 23, 2014
This stuff will work if you understand how to prepare the crack, understand that you start at the very bottom of the crack, may have to seal all the way to the ceiling (ground level at least if you are in the basement), and get water into the crack before you inject the sealant (to activate the sealant). This kit was enough for about a 5 ft crack.

Complete Electronics Self-Teaching Guide with Projects
Complete Electronics Self-Teaching Guide with Projects
by Earl Boysen
Price: $25.66
49 used & new from $10.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book, June 23, 2014
I love the format of this book. A little theory, a simple circuit to build, pictures of the circuit on a breadboard, questions with answers. My understanding of the subject has gone up greatly. This is my favorite book for the subject along with Practical Electronics by Scherz and Monk. Highly recommended.

Battery Tender 021-0128 Battery Tender Plus 12V Battery Charger
Battery Tender 021-0128 Battery Tender Plus 12V Battery Charger
Price: $47.99
83 used & new from $36.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Works like a champ, June 23, 2014
This device does what it is supposed to do and even compensates in a cold (or hot) garage for temperature. Does an amazingly good job keeping my batteries healthy though the winter. I think the charger paid for itself already by me not having to replace batteries that the bitter winter killed.

Mail Chime - Wireless Mail Alert System
Mail Chime - Wireless Mail Alert System
Offered by Hanna Products Inc
Price: $44.95
13 used & new from $24.11

5.0 out of 5 stars Works for me, June 23, 2014
I have this alarm setup 100 ft. between mailbox and receiver. The transmitter faces the street inside a brick enclosed mailbox. I get an alarm every time the mailbox door is opened. Can't complain :)

The Predictioneer's Game: Using the Logic of Brazen Self-Interest to See and Shape the Future
by Bruce Bueno de Mesquita
69 used & new from $0.74

4.0 out of 5 stars I'm still trying to comprehend the book but intriguing, June 23, 2014
I find the subject of the book fascinating. It is a very interesting concept that I think has merit. It really takes time to get into and I do enjoy reading a chapter at a time when I can concentrate. If your interested in gaming theory then I would recommend this book, this author is highly respected in the gaming theory community and does a great job presenting the subject.

Motul 007250-4PK 8100 X-cess 5W-40 Synthetic Gasoline and Diesel Engine Oil - 5 Liter Jug (Case Case of 4)
Price: $174.44
3 used & new from $140.00

5.0 out of 5 stars My 911 loves it, June 23, 2014
This the oil that the Porsche fanatics recommend for my 911. The engine runs smoother than with Mobil Synthetic and my temperatures are very stable. It may be wishful thinking but the car idle is a little quieter. I send my oil to the lab on changes and the reports are always at least excellent so the oil doesn't appear to be breaking down and the engine itself is very healthy. Win Win....

Practical Electronics for Inventors
Practical Electronics for Inventors
by Paul Scherz
Price: $22.37
93 used & new from $17.92

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best I've come across, June 23, 2014
I've read many books on electronics theory as well as application and design. This book is very well presented and the explanations make electronics much easier to comprehend. The technical explanations are fairly deep but still the author is able to walk you along in an easy to understand format. Between this book and Complete Electronics by Boysen and Kybett, my knowledge and understanding have increased tremendously. Highly recommended.

IQ120 BBQ Temperature Regulator Kit with Standard Pit Adapter
IQ120 BBQ Temperature Regulator Kit with Standard Pit Adapter
Offered by pitmasterIQ
Price: $199.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Rock Solid, March 12, 2014
I started using the IQ110 and now the IQ120. The IQ120 is a little better unit and holds temperatures +/- 1 degree F, pretty amazing. The TRICK to this unit is to set the damper intake number on the IQ120 to as low a number as possible. The unit has to have the ability to limit oxygen to the fire to lower the temp as well as provide enough oxygen to bring the temperature up. If you have the intake set to 4 (which is fully open), then air can still get to the fire by getting sucked in through the unit which causes temperature overshoots.

I have my unit set to 1 (which is the most restrictive setting) and the top vent on the smoker pretty much fully open. If the IQ120 wants to "stoke" the fire, it can still put plenty of air on the fire with a damper setting of 1.

After 6 months of use, I couldn't be happier, it is set and forget. If you are having temperature regulating issues, you have the damper set too "open", try lowering the damper one notch.

Iridium Extreme 9575 Satellite Phone
Iridium Extreme 9575 Satellite Phone
Offered by GlobalTelesatCorp
Price: $1,290.00
15 used & new from $1,279.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, March 4, 2014
Lightweight, heavy duty, well engineered, fast satellite acquisition, clear audio on both ends. It could always be smaller but its still outstanding!

*** UPDATE 03/23/14

The GPS feature has been extremely useful. I can SMS text my location from the phone as soon as the phones GPS acquires my location. It sends my lat/lon as well as a weblink so you can click on it to see where the position is in a google earth style page.

101 Projects for Your Porsche 911 996 and 997 1998-2008 (Motorbooks Workshop)
101 Projects for Your Porsche 911 996 and 997 1998-2008 (Motorbooks Workshop)
by Wayne R. Dempsey
Price: $25.81
48 used & new from $21.58

3.0 out of 5 stars Great source of info, more suited to 996's, March 4, 2014
I got my copy of this book this morning and have been reading it all afternoon. I am an intermediate/advanced DIYer and have installed a lot of forced induction systems in BMW's and Porsches. I enjoy doing my own maintenance and was excited to get another reference for my 997.1 C4S. The book is very well produced and the numerous color photos are of high quality.

Initially I got a little frustrated when I started reading the projects. One project I wanted to try was to replace the clutch someday soon but the Clutch project seemed to leave just enough holes in the procedures that you could get yourself into trouble. Step 1) Remove transmission, Step 2) Remove flywheel bolts...etc. I kind of stepped back because there is a lot of additional steps to get to this point. Fortunately, I discovered that "Step one" is itself its own project (# 38). Still after reading Project #38 I still kind of was a little fuzzy on how to get passed some areas.

Throughout the book I got the feeling that this book was written with a 996 almost exclusively. Every once in a while there would be a comment such as "If you have a 997, take this off too"?? !!

I mostly like the book. When I tackle a project, I'll use it as another reference along with the shop manuals and hopefully some detailed DIY instructions on 6speedonline or Rennlist. Between these three sources of information and the pictures in this book, I should be able to tackle the project. And if not, I have a great indy mechanic that will be happy to take my money.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20