ARRAY(0xa3e5e120)

Customer Reviews: 198

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

AK RSS Feed (Kentucky)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
IQ120 BBQ Temperature Regulator Kit with Standard Pit Adapter
IQ120 BBQ Temperature Regulator Kit with Standard Pit Adapter
Offered by pitmasterIQ
Price: $199.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Rock Solid, March 12, 2014
I started using the IQ110 and now the IQ120. The IQ120 is a little better unit and holds temperatures +/- 1 degree F, pretty amazing. The TRICK to this unit is to set the damper intake number on the IQ120 to as low a number as possible. The unit has to have the ability to limit oxygen to the fire to lower the temp as well as provide enough oxygen to bring the temperature up. If you have the intake set to 4 (which is fully open), then air can still get to the fire by getting sucked in through the unit which causes temperature overshoots.

I have my unit set to 1 (which is the most restrictive setting) and the top vent on the smoker pretty much fully open. If the IQ120 wants to "stoke" the fire, it can still put plenty of air on the fire with a damper setting of 1.

After 6 months of use, I couldn't be happier, it is set and forget. If you are having temperature regulating issues, you have the damper set too "open", try lowering the damper one notch.

Iridium Extreme 9575 Satellite Phone
Iridium Extreme 9575 Satellite Phone
Offered by BlueCosmo Satellite Comm
Price: $1,289.95
20 used & new from $1,099.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, March 4, 2014
Lightweight, heavy duty, well engineered, fast satellite acquisition, clear audio on both ends. It could always be smaller but its still outstanding!

*** UPDATE 03/23/14

The GPS feature has been extremely useful. I can SMS text my location from the phone as soon as the phones GPS acquires my location. It sends my lat/lon as well as a weblink so you can click on it to see where the position is in a google earth style page.

101 Projects for Your Porsche 911 996 and 997 1998-2008 (Motorbooks Workshop)
101 Projects for Your Porsche 911 996 and 997 1998-2008 (Motorbooks Workshop)
by Wayne R. Dempsey
Price: $25.81
41 used & new from $19.97

3.0 out of 5 stars Great source of info, more suited to 996's, March 4, 2014
I got my copy of this book this morning and have been reading it all afternoon. I am an intermediate/advanced DIYer and have installed a lot of forced induction systems in BMW's and Porsches. I enjoy doing my own maintenance and was excited to get another reference for my 997.1 C4S. The book is very well produced and the numerous color photos are of high quality.

Initially I got a little frustrated when I started reading the projects. One project I wanted to try was to replace the clutch someday soon but the Clutch project seemed to leave just enough holes in the procedures that you could get yourself into trouble. Step 1) Remove transmission, Step 2) Remove flywheel bolts...etc. I kind of stepped back because there is a lot of additional steps to get to this point. Fortunately, I discovered that "Step one" is itself its own project (# 38). Still after reading Project #38 I still kind of was a little fuzzy on how to get passed some areas.

Throughout the book I got the feeling that this book was written with a 996 almost exclusively. Every once in a while there would be a comment such as "If you have a 997, take this off too"?? !!

I mostly like the book. When I tackle a project, I'll use it as another reference along with the shop manuals and hopefully some detailed DIY instructions on 6speedonline or Rennlist. Between these three sources of information and the pictures in this book, I should be able to tackle the project. And if not, I have a great indy mechanic that will be happy to take my money.

Dr Infrared Heater, DR988 5600W Portable Industrial Heater
Dr Infrared Heater, DR988 5600W Portable Industrial Heater
Price: $116.81
16 used & new from $92.45

3.0 out of 5 stars So far so good, January 28, 2014
You have to plan ahead for this heater by installing the correct 250V/30A plug. I fired up this heater in my 20 x 20 garage and started testing. The garage was 33 degrees F at the start. After one hour, the garage had warmed up to 41F, after an hour and 1/2, 45F. I confirmed that the heater was pulling about 5500watts. The fan did rattle a little bit after the first thirty minutes but when I readjusted the fan, it stopped rattling?? So, it looks like I can plan about 8 degrees F per hour to warm up the garage. I suppose that I can turn it on in the morning and the garage will be warm by lunch time. I can work with that.... I'm still keeping all of the packing material in case it quits on me and I have to send it back to Amazon.

Calvin Klein Men's Leather Moto Jacket, Black, Large
Calvin Klein Men's Leather Moto Jacket, Black, Large
Price: $277.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid, January 14, 2014
I liked the style and fit. The leather was excellent quality. And, I got it for a lot less than Macy's or Dillards had it for. :) :)

Hitachi RB24EAP 23.9cc 2 Stroke 170 MPH Gas Powered Handheld Blower (CARB Compliant)
Price: Click here to see our price
5 used & new from $99.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Its Hitachi, what did you expect, January 14, 2014
I'm slowly replacing all of my shop equipment with Hitachi products. I had some Stihl stuff but they broke under light use and my Hitachi stuff all works great. This blower has a solid little motor, starts easily, blows plenty hard to clear the sidewalks and flower beds and doesn't skip a beat. My Hitachi cordless tools and weedeater are about the same, do their job and work every time. ++++

Honeywell Wi-Fi Smart Thermostat
Honeywell Wi-Fi Smart Thermostat
Offered by MidAtlantic Merchant
Price: $189.32
31 used & new from $151.18

5.0 out of 5 stars BEFORE YOU ORDER...make sure you have a powered C wire, January 14, 2014
Great thermostat, pretty easy to install as long as you have a powered wire on your old thermostat. Honeywell does a nice job posting videos on how to install and get the powered C wire to the thermostat. I'm a long time intermediate/advanced DIYer but I had to think thru the problem for a while to get a 24VDC wire up to my Honeywell thermostat. If you dont have a C wire on your old thermostat, you might need some help to identify the proper power wire on your furnace/blower circuit board. Once I got passed that, it was smooth sailing. The thermostat works great and the programming is intuitive. I like the Android app to check on the system. My wife likes that it tells you the outside air temp and humidity (via WiFi). Better than the NEST for sure.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 16, 2014 1:21 AM PST

AmScope SE305R-PZ 10x-20x-30x-60x Advanced All Metal Full Glass Optics Student Binocular Stereo Microscope with Incident (Top) and Transmitted (Bottom) Lights
Price: $144.98
2 used & new from $144.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic scope for SMD work or pretty much anything, August 7, 2013
I needed a better scope for looking at small SMD soldering. I originally went with the USB microscopes but they were a pain to use. I saw an electronics guru at a convention using this exact scope so I had to try it.

Amazing clarity and function. Very easy to adjust, plenty of room to place the viewing item. I love the stereoscopic viewing, WOW! I was worried that I might need more magnification than 60X for SMD but I usually use 10X. At 30X I can see the very tiny imperfections in the 0402 components. I cant imagine 60X. The lighting system is more than enough for me.

I have ZERO complaints, this is an awesome scope in my book.

Google Chromecast HDMI Streaming Media Player
Google Chromecast HDMI Streaming Media Player
Price: $35.00
201 used & new from $23.90

3.0 out of 5 stars It works well for its limited uses, August 7, 2013
As long as you know that the Chromecast needs Chrome to run and can only watch Netflix, Youtube, or surf the web via Chrome, then this device will work fine for you.

A big issue that bummed me out was I thought I could take it on the road and watch Netflix on my hotel TV. The Chromecast has to be on the same network as the laptop and the Chromecast can't communicate with any hotel router that asks a question for entry such as "Do you agree with these terms?" or "What room are you in?" Chromecast has no provisions for logging into wireless networks therefore it is only useable on home networks. I'm picking up a TPLink mr3040 portable router and will try to get Chromecast to work in the hotel that way but it is getting to be a PITA.

As for how Chromecast works at home, it is pretty cool, the kids are starting to use it to watch youtube videos and play music videos from their Android phones. I like it for browsing the web.

This product has huge potential but it is too restricted now... I'd give it a year.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 7, 2013 9:49 AM PDT

Genuine Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300 Extended Battery Kit 3000mAh + Blue Cover
Genuine Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300 Extended Battery Kit 3000mAh + Blue Cover
Offered by Global Mobiles
Price: $49.95
4 used & new from $44.00

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the battery Samsung should have originally installed, August 7, 2013
I've tried several different thin batteries for the Galaxy S3, EZO, RAV, Samsung. I've also tried the 4400 Hyperion battery. None of the 2100mah class thin batteries were outstanding and could barely make it a full day of moderate use before draining to zero. I then tried the 4400mah and it did the job for sure but was a little bulky.

This Samsung 3000mah battery is perfect. It lasts all day with moderate/heavy use and still has about 30% at the end of the day. It isn't too bulky and just barely thicker than the original 2100mah battery and case. I added the Diztronic TPU case to this setup and it feels perfect. It also still fits in my EZOpower usb cradle with the 3000mah battery and TPU case (bonus).

Highly recommended :)