Profile for AK > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 237

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

AK RSS Feed (Kentucky)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Mitutoyo 500-196-30 Advanced Onsite Sensor (AOS) Absolute Scale Digital Caliper, 0 to 6"/0 to 150mm Measuring Range, 0.0005"/0.01mm Resolution, LCD
Price: $119.95
21 used & new from $101.63

5.0 out of 5 stars The Gold Standard, July 18, 2015
I tried the other high end micrometers as well as the iGaging micrometers and keep coming back to this one. Repeatable measurements down to .0005"

Conviction of a Time Traveler
Conviction of a Time Traveler
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable read!, July 18, 2015
If you read John Titor, you'll enjoy this analysis and discussion. I thought the author did a good job dissecting the book and presented a great case. RECOMMENDED.

4 x AA to D Size Battery Adapter Case, White
4 x AA to D Size Battery Adapter Case, White
Offered by Tinkmall
Price: $3.66
12 used & new from $3.66

5.0 out of 5 stars Clever design, work great., June 14, 2015
Clever design. I use these instead of NiMh D sized batteries. I have yet to find a solid NiMh D battery :( These adapters fit in my flashlights and do a fine job, I'm ordering some more.

TireTek Premium Tire Pressure Gauge - Large Dial
TireTek Premium Tire Pressure Gauge - Large Dial
Offered by OdyseaCo
Price: $29.95

3.0 out of 5 stars They do the job., June 14, 2015
Bought 4 of these. Using the same tire, all 4 read different pressures (29#, 30.5#, 30#, 31#). Granted, the pressures were withing 2 lbs but they were still not as precise as I would like. I'll keep them anyway. Nothing to write home about.

Milton Industries S-210 M-Style Coupler Kit
Milton Industries S-210 M-Style Coupler Kit
Offered by Tool Deals
Price: $19.49
10 used & new from $19.49

5.0 out of 5 stars These are the ones you want, June 14, 2015
After using crappy Harbor Freight couplers that leak I tried these. They do a wonderful job and don't leak a bit. Very happy.

HTC One M9 Case, Spigen® [Exact-Fit] HTC One M9 Case (Hima) Slim **NEW** [Thin Fit] [Smooth Black] Premium Matte Finish Hard Case for HTC One M9 (Hima) (2015) - Smooth Black (SGP11450)
Offered by Spigen Inc
Price: $10.99
2 used & new from $10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great case for the HTC M9, June 14, 2015
Very nice fit for my HTC M9. Very well thought out and engineered. I'm completely satisfied.

Kreg K4MS Jig Master System with SK03 675 Screws Pocket Hole Screw Joinery Kit
Kreg K4MS Jig Master System with SK03 675 Screws Pocket Hole Screw Joinery Kit
Offered by Elite Tools
Price: $148.50
3 used & new from $148.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleasantly surprised, great system!, June 14, 2015
Much better than I expected. I thought this system would be a little hokey but was pleasantly surprised. The kit was complete, easy to use, made solid, tight joints, and were made of quality materials. I made a nice set of kitchen pantry shelves using the Kreg system for the whole project. There were no surprises. If you have the wood working skill to make 90.00 degree cuts then this system will make a clean, strong joint.

One tip. To make uniform, level shelves, make a template spacer and position the spacer up against the shelf before you tighten the Kreg screws. It will make a tight joint precisely were you wanted.

The only additional item I purchased for this project was the right angle clamp. It came in handy for the 90 degree corners.

Applied Ballistics For Long-Range Shooting 2nd Edition
Applied Ballistics For Long-Range Shooting 2nd Edition
by Bryan Litz
16 used & new from $58.40

5.0 out of 5 stars The current best book on Long range shooting 2015, June 5, 2015
Pretty much the bible for long range shooting. If you are going 1000 yards +, this is a premium reference source for ballistics.

iGaging ABSOLUTE ORIGIN 0-6" Digital Electronic Caliper - IP54 Protection / Extreme Accuracy
Offered by Anytime Tools
Price: $39.95
3 used & new from $34.00

3.0 out of 5 stars I almost rated it.... UPDATED, May 22, 2015
I took a chance on this iGaging micrometer to use for my benchrest shooting hobby. I usually use Mitutoyo gauges but I needed one more micrometer and didn't want to spend the $$$. So, after getting the iGaging micrometer, I started to use it side by side with the Mitutoyo. Initially the iGaging micrometer felt a little stiff, and started to irritate me (3 Stars ?). I then discovered to the little drag screw right above the "55" in the picture of the gauge. Once I loosened the drag screw up, the feel of the iGaging loosened up and was as good as the Mitutoyo.

As for accuracy, the iGaging is mirroring the readings of the Mitoyo perfectly, down to the 5/10,000th.

Verdict - Well done iGaging, I'm impressed. I also have a 1" dial micrometer from iGaging and it is equally impressive.

**** UPDATE After using this thing for a week, this caliper is not a Mitutoyo. It is just as accurate but the rotary knob that you use to slide the display up and down the scale is a pretty crappy design, it is stiff and slips. It is significantly more difficult to get a good reading than the Mitutoyo. So now I always reach for the Mitutoyo if it is in reach, downgraded from 5 stars to 3 stars.

Practical Packet Analysis: Using Wireshark to Solve Real-World Network Problems
Practical Packet Analysis: Using Wireshark to Solve Real-World Network Problems
by Chris Sanders
Price: $28.57
72 used & new from $24.57

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, May 8, 2015
The more I read, the more i like this book, extremely informative.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20