Profile for Buffy > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 479

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Buffy RSS Feed (Sunnydale)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
KIND Healthy Grains Caramel Macchiato Bars, 15 Count
KIND Healthy Grains Caramel Macchiato Bars, 15 Count
Price: $20.48
2 used & new from $14.49

4.0 out of 5 stars I really like the strong coffee flavor, May 13, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
As far as taste, I really like the strong coffee flavor. I have never tasted so much coffee in a granola snack bar before, it's really good. I've had other flavor Kind bars before and they are usually pretty good and pretty nutritious, this one is actually my favorite flavor of the bunch. The only problem I have with this bar is the texture, as someone who easily gets food trapped in their teeth, this bar is difficult for me. Many of the grains in this bar are very small and seed like which is a sure fire way to get food stuck. If you don't ever have food stick issues I wouldn't worry about it, it's just for us with sensitive teeth issues that should proceed with caution and armed with brushing and flossing equipment.

Rites of Passage
Rites of Passage
by Joy N. Hensley
Price: $13.21
71 used & new from $2.87

5.0 out of 5 stars It's pretty clear she is going to receive hell as she ..., May 7, 2015
This review is from: Rites of Passage (Hardcover)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Rites of Passage pulls you in after the first few pages and never lets go. Our hero, Sam, is going to be one of the first five girls to enroll at a military academy. But, big problem, no one wants her there. The local townspeople, the other male students, and the faculty. It's pretty clear she is going to receive hell as she tries to make it through and graduate. But she comes from a military family. Her father is a highly respected Colonel, her oldest brother has achieved status in the academy, and before committing suicide for unknown reasons her other older brother was also at the academy. Sam wants to make her father and her family proud. You're immediately rooting for Sam after the first chapter but you already known it's not going to be easy. For coming of age fans who like military/school theme books this is recommended.

Material Girls
Material Girls
by Elaine Dimopoulos
Price: $13.22
70 used & new from $1.46

4.0 out of 5 stars Three and a half stars., May 7, 2015
This review is from: Material Girls (Hardcover)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
In Material Girls teens rule the fashion industry and decide what's in and what's out. But it's a cut throat world and as one of our heroes, Marla, finds out, even at seventeen you can be over the hill. Marla goes from being on the fashion court that listens to designers (drafters) pitch their concepts and decides whether they are worthy to being a mere drafter herself after she can no longer vote along with the rest of the court. She and others are starting to rebel against the decisions of the powers that be and want more individuality. Our other hero, Ivy, is a pop singer who also needs to stay on top of trends to keep her career on top. The book is easy to read and I liked the basic concept. I wouldn't read a sequel, but it's a unique take on the dystopian genre. I would have given it 3.5 stars if it were possible. If you're really into fashion and trends this is more likely to be up your alley.

Callaway 2015 Warbird Golf Balls, White
Callaway 2015 Warbird Golf Balls, White
Price: $17.99
10 used & new from $12.38

5.0 out of 5 stars These are 90 compression and have a good feel coming off of my Diablo Edge clubs, May 3, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Classic Callaway golf balls. These are 90 compression and have a good feel coming off of my Diablo Edge clubs. This is a good value for the price. Pros won't use these, but for a casual golfer these work great.

Dexter Is Dead: A Novel
Dexter Is Dead: A Novel
by Jeff Lindsay
Price: $17.11

4.0 out of 5 stars A Fine Farewell, April 29, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
No spoilers here so the short review is: I liked it. The setup is we find our hero, Dexter, confined in a maximum security prison for murders he actually did not commit. He's in the cell for weeks until finally a public defendant comes to see him. The case being put up against and the procedures are irregular. Something is not quite right. Deborah doesn't even come to visit Dexter until a few weeks have passed and then it's just to have Dexter sign papers giving her custody of his kids. Things do not look good for our hero. This last book flows wonderfully. All of Dexter's wit and darkness are here and the writing is crisp. This last book may not end the way everyone wants it to but I enjoyed taking a ride with the mind of Dexter for one last trip. For those expecting this book to pick up where the tv series left off it does not. The show and book did not match up so there are characters and events that happened differently. There is a very brief recap of previous events in the first few pages but you may want to go back to get a better idea of what's happened. Not essential because of the recap but why not delve a little further into Dexter's world given the chance? Dexter was a delightfully sinister character and for that I'm recommending the book to fans of the Dexter books. Hopefully this review helps a little in making your decision!

Aveeno Sheer Hydration Daily Moisturizing Lotion, 12 Fluid Ounce
Aveeno Sheer Hydration Daily Moisturizing Lotion, 12 Fluid Ounce
Price: $6.97
7 used & new from $6.97

4.0 out of 5 stars Works Well, April 28, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I buy this on a regular basis and find it works very well at moisturizing especially during cold and dry weather. This has basically no scent which I like. It goes on somewhat creamy and you will feel a bit of a coating afterwards. But I find there's no way around that if you want something that is hydrating and protecting your skin from cold dry air. I wish it had absolute 'transparency' after it is applied but don't see how that's possible and it probably wouldn't work as well as it did. Overall I recommend this for someone who wants a no scent good moisturizer.

Jean-Michel Basquiat
Jean-Michel Basquiat
by Robert Farris Thompson
Price: $62.92
47 used & new from $54.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommended, April 28, 2015
This review is from: Jean-Michel Basquiat (Hardcover)
Fantastic! This is one of the best collections of Basquiat paintings available. I was able to see the exhibition this book is based on and the selection of artworks was worthy of a museum showing. This book is beautifully printed in a large 10x12 inch format in full color with a sturdy hardcover binding. Whether you already have a number of Basquiat books or this is your first one this is a must-have and highly recommended. Of the Basquiat books currently in print this is easily the best one available. Five stars!

Perfect Surveyor's Tape Measure - 100 ft. / 30m
Perfect Surveyor's Tape Measure - 100 ft. / 30m
Offered by Tapegate DBA Perfect Measuring Tape Co
Price: $18.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for golf, April 25, 2015
Good for golf. I use this to measure closest to the hole distances. I used to use a metal measure but after a while the water on the grass from early mornings starts to rust the metal and eventually it doesn't roll in and out so good. This vinyl measure so far works great and time will tell how long it will hold up. For now I like it and recommend it.

AmazonBasics Pet Training and Puppy Pads, Regular, 100-Count
AmazonBasics Pet Training and Puppy Pads, Regular, 100-Count
Price: $16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Quality and Price Per Pad, April 25, 2015
I will be buying these again. I've tried a number of puppy pads since I have a small toy dog and am pleased to report that these do a good job of absorbing urine and affordably priced. They are not the thickest pad I have bought but they do not leak. More important than thickness to me is how the pad curbs the flow of urine. Some like the Allmax are thicker pads but the urine spreads out too much and it will reach the dog's paws before she is done. The Amazon pads inhibit the spreading better which for me is a big plus. Highly recommended. I hope this review helps a little in making your decision!

Bad Boy: My Life On and Off the Canvas
Bad Boy: My Life On and Off the Canvas
by Eric Fischl
Price: $18.07
70 used & new from $4.58

3.0 out of 5 stars Fischl fans wont be disappointed. He goes in depth about his childhood and ..., April 25, 2015
If you are an Eric Fischl fan this book will give you everything you wanted to know about his life and career. Fischl fans wont be disappointed. He goes in depth about his childhood and formative years, his days in art school, and his professional career up to the present. Fischl provides plenty of insight into the background and thinking that went into some of his paintings which will give the viewer a great understanding of his works. As someone who likes to read a lot of art books I feel this book will mostly be of interest to those who are aleady bid Fischl fans.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20