Profile for Soren Wenstop > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Soren Wenstop RSS Feed (Oslo, Norway)

Practical Tortoise Raising: and other philosophical essays
Practical Tortoise Raising: and other philosophical essays
Price: $22.92

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant essays!, February 21, 2012
Having read all Simon's book, I expected no less. Possibly the most accute and eloquent philosopher of our time! S. Wenstop

Rationality for Mortals: How People Cope with Uncertainty (Evolution and Cognition Series)
Price: $13.49

1.0 out of 5 stars Too fast and too frustrating, February 21, 2012
Reading this (as far as my increasing sense of annoyance permitted) was not an experience worth sharing. The author is mudling through with remarkably little analytical clarity.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 27, 2012 1:33 PM PDT

Reasons from Within: Desires and Values
Reasons from Within: Desires and Values
Price: $29.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Clear, clearly written, and by my lights highly accurate, February 20, 2012
Alan gives shape to a very compelling accout of ethics and the important place of our subjective concerns and desires at its center. He addresses a number of issues which have been seen as foggy, misty, or which have been ignored or missed altogether in other accounts. While I was surprised to find that Alan sees his position as falling short of emotivism or expressivism, I found myself in agreement on just about every argument; and I have recently written a dissertation which vastly overlaps his position - my only regret is that the book was not written a year or so earlier. Anyway, thanks for the good read!

S. Wenstop