Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Profile for lkmc > Reviews

Browse

lkmc's Profile

Customer Reviews: 9

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

lkmc RSS Feed

LEMONBEST Professional 32 Pcs Domestic Sewing Machine Presser Walking Foot Set For Brother, Babylock, Singer, Janome, Elna, Toyota, New Home, Simplicity, Necchi, Kenmore, and White Low Shank Sewing Machines
Offered by Lemonbest
Price: $39.99
2 used & new from $21.59

1.0 out of 5 stars Poorly manufactured. I had to return, even though I didn't want to., June 6, 2016
I was SO excited to get this set of sewing machine feet. I started using some of them, and was experimenting / learning how to use some of the ones that I was unfamiliar with. However, some of the feet do not work with my machine (Kenmore). When these feet were manufactured, the tolerances must have been sloppy because the needle hits the foot, rendering it unusable-- and breaking a bunch of needles too. I am purchasing another brand (more expensive) and hoping for the best because I really want to play with some new sewing machine feet!

Dover Kusudama Origami Book (Dover Books on Papercraft and Origami)
Dover Kusudama Origami Book (Dover Books on Papercraft and Origami)
by Ekaterina Lukasheva
Price: $14.51
50 used & new from $9.93

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, even though I didn't get to take it home with me., February 20, 2015
This book was a gift for a friend but I did get the opportunity to look at it and try it out a bit. I didn't really have the right paper and I don't know a lot about origami, but I thought the book was excellent, and I might purchase it for myself. Each chapter has one principle which then can be deployed in a variety of ways (which get increasingly complex, as I remember.) It is also a visually beautiful book. It made a great gift.

Tinkerlab: A Hands-On Guide for Little Inventors
Tinkerlab: A Hands-On Guide for Little Inventors
by Rachelle Doorley
Price: $15.10
122 used & new from $7.87

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome., January 13, 2015
I received this book for Christmas-- twice. Once from my mother & once from my sister. Both my husband and I are very much "makers" and "tinkerers", but we're sort of new to this parenting gig (our kids are 3 & 1), and I had been feeling stuck about how to do more art projects, and how to bring new life to our often-repeated painting sessions. The book is packed full of ideas for projects and activities for young children. It is also visually very beautiful, which I really appreciate.

I also appreciated the "guest" essays by art educators, which added another dimension to the projects. If I had one wish, it would be for a larger discussion about how to talk to children about their projects / artwork in non-judgmental ways that provoke more thought & creativity in the children. I frequently find myself trying to encourage my daughter by telling her that her artwork is "beautiful", (and I sound like a broken record), but I know there are ways I could talk about her work that would encourage her creative process. (Note that the book does touch on this subject, but it is VERY brief.)

This seriously was the best Christmas present I got this year, and I'm really enjoying spending more time making things with my kids.

OK To Wake! Owl With Night-Light & Music, Nap Timer
OK To Wake! Owl With Night-Light & Music, Nap Timer
Price: $24.55
29 used & new from $20.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Got the kid to adhere but when it stopped working, American Innovative was a real pain to deal with. Not worth the hassle., December 1, 2014
We got an OK to Wake! Owl on the recommendation of other parents, and subsequently trained our 2.5 year old daughter to use it (for the most part). But then the thing stopped working inexplicably, and since it was only a couple of months old we asked the company about getting warranty service on it, since it was practically new & no longer working. What a pain. It took a long time to establish that we'd have to send the thing back (at our expense), and fill out a bunch of paperwork, and then have them test to determine whether our complaint was valid. But by then, the owl was my toddler's favorite thing, yet we were supposed to send it back to have it checked out. But I'll not predisposed to just buy another one only to have it break again in another month. So we pried it out of the hand of the toddler, and spent $5.00 shipping back a $25 item. We endured many mornings of waking up far too early because "the Owl had to go to the hospital."

We eventually got a response that our Owl was indeed not working properly, and they "replaced" it...... With a used Owl that was manufactured a year prior to the one we had purchased! I suppose it was someone else's return. Really? It's a $25 item, but we had to go through $50 worth of hassle to get it replaced with an older used one after it broke almost immediately. Sometimes I just don't understand why some companies make the back end experience of their product so difficult and annoying (and other companies are gracious and helpful.)

We just got the replacement Owl. If it breaks again, we'll try a different product with the same purpose. You might want to save yourself some hassle and just start off by trying a different product.

EDITED after a couple of months of having our "warranty replacement" owl: Our "new" owl has also died. The clock resets itself frequently. It is worthless, and the toddler knows it. So I reiterate my earlier review: good concept, poor execution with poor customer service. Look elsewhere if you are aiming to get your children to stay in bed. This owl is lousy.

Suits Season 1
Suits Season 1
DVD
Price: $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun., January 1, 2014
This review is from: Suits Season 1 (Amazon Video)
Fun series. You have to suspend disbelief occasionally, but I don't find it particularly bothersome in this case. ..... ........

Moulin Roty Les Jolis pas Beaux Tooth Fairy Mouse
Moulin Roty Les Jolis pas Beaux Tooth Fairy Mouse
Offered by THE Boutique
Price: $18.30
9 used & new from $18.30

5.0 out of 5 stars My 23 month old daughter loves it., December 22, 2013
This was given to my daughter by a friend and dubbed "Mousie". She loves her Mousie and takes it everywhere with her. It is well made, very cute, and has just the right amount of "quirkiness". My daughter loves the little bed (which is much like a match box) that comes with it.

I believe that this toy is actually intended to be used as a tooth fairy pillow. It has a little pocket on its stomach that says "la dent de lait" on it. (meaning "milk tooth"). My daughter is a long way from losing her teeth, so it isn't used like that.... it merely gets carried around all the time.

I give it 5 stars because it is really cute and is made well. I haven't put it in the washing machine yet, as I've tried to protect it from getting too dirty, but I doubt that it will fall apart during its tenure in our household.
A perfect size for a toddler.

Intex Kiddie Pool - Kid's Summer Sunset Glow Design - 58" x 13"
Intex Kiddie Pool - Kid's Summer Sunset Glow Design - 58" x 13"
Offered by Gift, Toys and Party Favors
Price: $12.35
105 used & new from $8.44

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay but not nearly durable enough., July 8, 2013
We wanted to get our 18 month old daughter a swimming pool, and opted for a blow-up one because we were hoping to be able fold it up at the end of the season and store it for next year. However, after having the pool for less than a week, my daughter threw a metal hose sprayer in the water and punctured the nice quilting on the bottom in 2 places.

Ultimately, this is my issue with the pool-- it is made extremely cheaply, but I was unable to find a higher-quality alternative that would actually last for multiple years. I'd gladly pay several times the price to have something that will actually survive for years. Nothing drives me crazier than buying cheap vinyl shit that is going to end up in the landfill after 2 weeks of use. We will nurse this pool along as long as we can (my daughter loves it!), but why doesn't someone make a pool that isn't designed to as fodder for the landfill?

Oh Katy One Size Pocket Diaper, Twilight (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Oh Katy One Size Pocket Diaper, Twilight (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

1.0 out of 5 stars WARNING: These diapers leak! And good luck getting any customer service!, November 18, 2012
I have about 5 of these diapers. I purchased all of them new (or received them as gifts). They've all been very well cared for and are less than 6 months old. They all leak through the waterproofing material, and after being on my child for only an hour or two (even when the inserts aren't yet saturated), the outer waterproofing has turned dark from being wet through. None of my other brands of diapers have this problem, and they are fitting correctly on the baby.

Worse, I can't seem to get ANY customer service from Oh Katy. I have tried various methods-- emailing them through their website, leaving comments asking for customer service on their facebook page. No response whatsoever. Since these diapers were collected over a couple of months from different retailers (including Amazon.com) and as gifts, it seems crazy that I should have to go back to a number of different retailers to get some satisfaction when it is clearly a warranty issue. But I guess Oh Katy just doesn't care. I feel I'm left with some crappy (but expensive), unusable diapers, and all I can do is complain a bit on Amazon. An informal poll on various diaper discussion forums, as well as on Amazon reviews tells me that this is a VERY common complaint about these diapers. They used to be my favorite diapers, and now they are a thorn in my side because I really need them to complete my stash. I suppose I will have to replace them with something else at my expense.

In Summary: OH KATY diapers leak after a couple of months of use. There are lots of other diapers out there that don't do this. Buy some of those and skip the Oh Katys.

Wondfo Combo 40 Ovulation and 10 Pregnancy Urine Test Strips
Wondfo Combo 40 Ovulation and 10 Pregnancy Urine Test Strips
Offered by Easy@Home
Price: $19.49
16 used & new from $19.49

5.0 out of 5 stars product worked for me, without all the plastic going into the landfill., October 19, 2010
My doctor said that I must use ONLY name-brand ovulation predictor kits. But I've been trying to get pregnant for over a year, and it has cost us a lot of money. The drug store OPKs are extremely expensive for what they are, and I hate that each kit uses half a pound of unnecessary plastic wrapped around an ounce of a paper test strip. It's a total waste of resources & money and apparently designed for a society that is deathly afraid of coming into contact with a little bit of urine. In addition, I bought 20-count a drugstore pack of OPKs ("Answer" brand), believing that I could make them last for 6 months or more. But when I got home I discovered that the instructions said that the tests should be discarded 30 days after opening! They are apparently intended to be used every day --all in one cycle. What a joke! I do know roughly when I ovulate, and only need 2-4 tests per month. I did use the "Answer" brand OPKs for several months, but after a while they did seem to stop working (evidently due to absorbing too much moisture from the air). So I was glad to see that these OPKs come individually sealed in tiny packets, each with a tiny desiccant packet, so they will be good indefinitely-- but they still use a fraction of the amount of packaging used in the name brand drugstore kits. And the instructions are printed on each individual packet, which is helpful. In short, my advice is to try these things--- they've worked well for me at a small fraction of the cost (both for my wallet & for the planet).