Profile for Barry > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 11

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Barry RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Regalo 192-Inch Super Wide Gate and Play Yard
Regalo 192-Inch Super Wide Gate and Play Yard
Price: $79.98
13 used & new from $76.60

3.0 out of 5 stars Huge! but not strong, December 27, 2013
This thing is huge, its way bigger than I thought. We have about a 15 foot gap that needed to be blocked off and it did the trick.

The first thing I don't like about this is that it is a pain the behind to mount this to the wall, the instructions show someone just using a hand screwdriver to attach to the wall. This is not possible at all! I highly recommend using a power drill unless you have paper walls, Hulk arms and the ability to install screws with poles in your way. Also I had to completely take it apart to get the brackets on the wall and than put everything back together. Not that big of a deal but it took a lot longer than I was expecting.

The second thing I don't like about it is that if you have two or more section straight a child could easily move the entire gate without any effort. We have three straight, one at angle and two more straight to reach from wall to wall and go around furiture. I don't think that is the most ideal set up. If you just kept it in a circle formation it would be fine.

AmazonBasics Ultra-Thin Extreme Performance Amplified Indoor HDTV Antenna - Made in USA
Price: $58.69
19 used & new from $49.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Great indoor antenna, December 27, 2013
I love this antenna I get channels from towers over 50 miles away with this. I used to have a cheap RCA powered antenna from Walmart that I got for around $20 and it only picks up around 5 channels.

With this I get around 15 channels. I get almost everything that is passing around on the air waves in my location.
I chose the Amazon Basics model over the other brand to save a few dollars and it was well worth it.

I suggest using the included AC adapter as the antenna gets more power versus plugging it into your TVs USB port. The difference was quite significant.

Far Cry 3 - Deluxe Edition [Download]
Far Cry 3 - Deluxe Edition [Download]
Price: $39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Far Cry with a dash AC = Far Cry 3, December 6, 2012
Purchased last night, the download is about 8Gb plus two 250mb patches. I recommend downloading the patches from Ubisofts website while the game downloads instead of using the farcry updater that the game launches on its own.

I'm currently on a business trip so all I have with me is my 13 inch Mac Book Pro, not intended for gaming but the intel 4000 can play the game. It does take a hit on the frame rate and the lighting is a little messed up with Dx11, so I tried Dx9 and the game crashes. I will be home in a week and be able to play on my desktop so I'm not worried about that. anyways about the game:

I was confused on how to access my deluxe content and played for 3 hours before I figured it out because it wasn't explained to me. You need to activate the game after installing it and then when you launch the game go Options>exclusive content and type you serial in again and you will have access to the content.

The game reminds me of old Assassins Creed(also from Ubisoft) in the form of uncovering more of your map. You need to climb radio towers and hack into them; this will make the map visible. Also you have areas that are influenced by the enemy and you need to take over there camps also like Assassins Creed, once you have influence over that area side missions open and enemys show up less often. This isn't a bad thing because they did it correctly and all the camps and towers have been different so far; so it doesn't feel like I'm doing the same thing over and over again. They aren't copied and pasted throughout the map.

Driving vehicles is a little tricky as the controls are sensitive, its first person and you use WASD to control the vehicle not the mouse.

You need to hunt for animals and use their skins to upgrade your bags and accesories, I suggest you start this early because you can't carry much of anything by default.

The story is good so far, much better than previous installations of this title. In the previous games I got bored pretty quickly, this version has kept me intrigued so far after about 5 hours of play time. The main antagonist Vaas has a pretty funny personality, he's pretty crazy.

The game isn't very difficult on normal difficulty, but you can change this setting at any time you want. When you running around I would watch out for predator anamals as they will come out of nowhere and attack you. The easiest way to kill a tiger/mountain lion is with a shotgun.

I would recommend this game to anyone who likes FPS's and free roam/sand box type games.

The Borderlands 2 Season Pass [Online Game Code]
The Borderlands 2 Season Pass [Online Game Code]
Price: $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Word picture: Bad Asstastic, December 6, 2012
First off I did not purchase this from Amazon but from another site who had a promotion, never the less it is simply amazing. Even at the base price of $30 you get 4 $10 DLCs. The first two DLCs were fantastic.

Captain Scarlet was an interesting character introduced in the first DLC about pirates and treasure. It added a few more hours of playability with an interesting pirate themed twist on the original story.

Mister Torgue is a boisterous narrator of the second DLC released who adds a lot of comedic narration and annoucements throughout the game. A hand of new NPCs are introduced and some other ones are brought back from the original story.

I can't wait for the next 2 DLCs to be released.

Anili Mili's Triple Stitch Embroidery Affordable 4 PC Bed Sheet Set - Queen Size, Navy Blue
Offered by Comfy Deal
Price: $27.99

3.0 out of 5 stars good deep pocket for the price, November 23, 2012
this isn't 1200 count egyptian cotton but it isnt terrible.
I have a very thick matress and normal size sheets come off every morning when I wake up. These sheets stay on and for the price I couldn't been them for the convience.

Speck Products See Thru Satin Case for MacBook Pro 13-Inch Aluminum Unibody Only (SPK-A0448)

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome cover, November 23, 2012
great price provides good protection for my mac book pro. It was a little cheaper on amazon than in the store.
Fits perfectly no problems, although it seems to make my laptop hotter than without it.

Reusable LCD Screen Protector for Apple Macbook, Macbook Air Laptop 13.3-Inch Widescreen LCD
Offered by FishingForDeals
Price: $1.61
19 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars not worth the money, November 23, 2012
i bought this to keep dirt and dust off my screen but ended up taking it off after about 5 minutes. This isn't really needed and its a pain the butt to get on correctly.

Lambs & Ivy Musical Mobile, Bubbles and Squirt
Lambs & Ivy Musical Mobile, Bubbles and Squirt
Price: $41.43
5 used & new from $41.06

3.0 out of 5 stars cute but expsensive, November 23, 2012
I purchased the entire collection for my newborn son. Everything is of good quality but this mobile is a little expensive for what you actually get.

SOUL by Ludacris SL300WB High Definition Noise Canceling Headphones (Black/White) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by Mattscomputers
Price: $129.29
50 used & new from $84.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great headphones awesome service from Amazon, November 23, 2012
Received the headphones and got them connected to my computer.

Bass is clean and responsive when powered on. Worth every penny, picked them up for $215 with free shipping.

Hard Drive Caddy Tray for Apple Unibody MacBook / MacBook Pro 13 15 17 SuperDrive (Replacement Only)
Offered by CrownTek
Price: $7.95
23 used & new from $2.40

1.0 out of 5 stars broke my SSD, August 24, 2012
I purchased this caddy to install a second drive my 2012 13" MBP. I decided to use an extra SSD that I had with this caddy and after installing it, it was kind of loose. So I took the SSD out, adjusted the screws and re-inserted the SSD in the caddy. I installed the carrier in my MBP with a some issues. The instructions do not explain that you need to use the included screws instead of the ones from the MBP, after getting it installed I turned the computer on and it did not recognize the drive, after troubleshooting to make sure the connections were good I decided to see if the caddy was bad by swapping drives. When I pulled my SSD out of the caddy it broke off the SATA/POWER connector.

I would not recommend this product.

Page: 1 | 2