Profile for El Profe > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

El Profe RSS Feed

Practice Makes Perfect: The Spanish Subjunctive Up Close (Practice Makes Perfect Series)
by Eric W. Vogt
Price: $8.15
61 used & new from $2.81

4.0 out of 5 stars Good review of subjunctive!, October 15, 2010
I wanted this as a review, and it worked out very well for me. Excellent explanations, logically presented, and easy-to-follow. Filled with a sufficient amount of solid exercises - esp the last one, which serves as a total review - and of course with an answer key in the back. The author gave me a couple of tricks I hadn't known before, (WEIRDO, for one) and some concise lists organized in a helpful way I hadn't seen before.
Very satisfied, and I already went ahead and bought his "irregular verbs" book based on my satisfaction with this one. I need more practice with those too, and I'm sure I'll get it.
I didn't give 5* because I wanted more Eng-to-Sp exercises and fewer "fill in the blank, choosing the correct verb and putting it in it's correct form." Otherwise, excellent.

Frank's RedHot Buffalo Wing Sauce-12 oz
Frank's RedHot Buffalo Wing Sauce-12 oz
Offered by United Audio
Price: $11.99
7 used & new from $3.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, but..., October 10, 2010
We do love this stuff, and as they say, We put that **** on everything! But at under $3 a bottle at our corner grocer's here in the US, I think we'll stick to buying locally...Sorry you can't find it in the UK.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best!, August 18, 2008
Wow! I have to respond here. I cannot praise Selecciones highly enough from the perspective of a student of Spanish. I am a French teacher switching/adding languages. I have studied Spanish for years now, done homestays/studies in Mexico, and am much more than "intermediate level." I want to tell you how much I look forward to this magazine arriving every month. (And it has, on time, for more than 2 years now) It is so rich with vocabulary and sentence structure, and put into such an interesting context with the variety of articles. I have a friend who is in exactly the same situation, and she feels the same way. If we wonder about "how they say this or phrase that", we know we will eventually run across it in a future issue. The stories are so varied and cover so many different topics that the vocab exposure is tremendous. Because of all this, I cannot think of another publication that would be better for a student of Spanish. In fact, I would not hesitate to give it as a gift to friends who are also studying or wanting to improve their Spanish skills, just as I did to the friend I just mentioned. I just can't say enough what a great teaching/learning tool this magazine is. I just finished the August issue, and I know the September one will arrive this week. I'm looking forward to it because for me, it'll be filled with knowledge.