Profile for Jason P > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 143

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jason P RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15
Condor H2O Pouch (Bladder Not Included)
Condor H2O Pouch (Bladder Not Included)
Price: $16.95 - $82.21

4.0 out of 5 stars 2nd try, June 27, 2012
Well, it took 2 tries, but I have a fully operational item now. My first one arrived without the zipper being sewn in at the end, so it just pulled straight off one of the first few times I used it. After that, I gave the stitching a good look-over and couldn't find anything else that was messed up. The second one doesn't have this problem.

I gave this one a good look-over before I even used it to see if it had any issues. The zipper is on nice and strong and there don't seem to be any other stitching issues.

Aside from this one issue I had with my first pouch, these seem to be fairly high quality. Nice metal "D" rings to clip onto, good quality stitching, solid materials, and a good bit of insulation to keep my water cold.

I can accept that I received an odd bad one on the first try and say that I would probably recommend this product.

Super Nintendo Cartridge Dust Cover Global Game Gear, 6 pack
Super Nintendo Cartridge Dust Cover Global Game Gear, 6 pack
Offered by amermedia
Price: $6.99
7 used & new from $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple perfection, June 27, 2012
These fit and look nearly identical to the originals that came with games back in the day. The "GGG" logo imprinted on these even occupies the same space that had the logo on the old ones. Unless you're trying to build complete original sets for games (original book, box, game, cover, etc..) - these will work perfectly.

Nalgene 20-Ounce Multidrink Water Bottle
Nalgene 20-Ounce Multidrink Water Bottle
Price: $7.49 - $28.00

3.0 out of 5 stars would be the best..., April 25, 2012
This would be the best if they could get some quality control on it. (The lid is the problem... the bottle is the typical bulletproof made in the USA Nalgene quality, but the lid is made in China and doesn't seem to be near the same quality)

When this lid is functioning properly - it's amazingly handy. The one I received though - had a crack where the straw meets the lid. I put a customer photo up of the failed lid. Nalgene is sending me another lid, but I'm left wondering how long it will last.

The plastic surrounding the straw is fairly thin and the first lid didn't survive having the straw inserted a single time at the factory. How many times will I be able to insert the straw into a replacement of the same design before it fails as well?

Only time will tell. When I've had the replacement lid for a little while, I'll update this review one way or the other...

<04/30/2012>
I got my replacement cap really quickly. 5 days after sending the photo of the broken cap to Nalgene. Quick customer service. I still haven't received an answer on how long the warranty is on these. Answering that question has been dodged twice so far...
<5/13/2012>
I sent a third, entirely separate inquiry on the "guarantee" of the lid 2 weeks ago and received no response.

Allen Company Cascade Neoprene Sling with Swivels
Allen Company Cascade Neoprene Sling with Swivels
Price: $15.08
13 used & new from $12.12

5.0 out of 5 stars sling + swivels, March 26, 2012
This review is from: Allen Cascade Rifle Sling (Sports)
So here you're getting a sling + swivels, for little more than the price of the swivels.

Due to that fact - I didn't expect much from the sling. It's way nicer than I anticipated. The neoprene portion is nothing out of the ordinary. It's just like any adjustable backpack strap, laptop bag strap, etc.. that you've ever used. The pad portion however is where things get nice. On the side that goes toward your shoulder, it's rubberized and quite soft (decent width too) - so it stays put and doesn't dig in. The pad portion also seems to have a slight bit of stretch to it so it actually seems to absorb some of the shock of the rifle moving up and down while you're walking.

The swivels are fairly nice as well. While tightened, they stay secure without question. When you unscrew the connectors - your sling is STILL fairly secure as the swivels are held closed by a fairly tight spring action. Not that I would purposely leave them loose, but it's nice to know that if they *should* come loose - it's likely my rifle won't hit the ground.

The only downside that some might have with this is that the sling *IS* permanently attached to the swivels. If you're thinking of buying this primarily for swivels for a sling you already own, you would have to cut this sling off of these swivels to get them rendering this sling un-useable.

Angry Birds Space (Ad-Free)
Angry Birds Space (Ad-Free)

5.0 out of 5 stars finally something fresh, March 22, 2012
This review is from: Angry Birds Space (Ad-Free) (App)
This is definitely the best Angry Birds since the first one came out. The last 2 releases were really just clones of the original and didn't feature much new content at all.

Angry Birds Space changes the way the game is played. They now give you a line to see the route the bird will take, but the game definitely isn't easier as they've complicated matters with things like gravitational field entry and exit (including orbit).

The visuals, the music and the gameplay are all big plusses here that bring something fresh to the Angry Birds title.

Angry Birds Space Free
Angry Birds Space Free

5.0 out of 5 stars finally something fresh, March 22, 2012
This review is from: Angry Birds Space Free (App)

Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 3, 2012 10:32 AM PDT

Angry Birds Space HD (Fire Edition)
Angry Birds Space HD (Fire Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars finally something fresh, March 22, 2012

The only "con" I have for this is REQUIREMENT to get a more expensive version for the kindle fire - but that seems to be a growing trend these days...

Doodle God
Doodle God
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars good game, March 20, 2012
This review is from: Doodle God (App)
Doodle god is a game where you combine the 4 existing elements (fire, water, earth, and air) to create new things. Some combinations are realistic - some not so much. Some examples would be water + earth = swamp or fire + water = alcohol. Everything you create comes from the original 4 items or combinations of products FROM those 4 items. (It's much like the game Alchemy - if you've played that one.)

In this version of the game there are 248 things to create and 26 groups of elements to obtain. (Earlier versions have less)

So far I haven't had any freezing or force close issues on my kindle fire like a lot of people seem to be experiencing so this one rates high for me. It DOES have open network sockets, but I'm stuck having to assume that it's used for the linkage to their twitter and facebook pages as it doesn't look like the app does anything else with it.

C2G / Cables to Go 40407 3.5 mm Male/Female Stereo Audio Extension Cable Black, 6 feet/1.82 Meters
Price: Click here to see our price
60 used & new from $1.49

5.0 out of 5 stars acts as it should, March 19, 2012
I got this to act as an extension from a tower pc to some headphones for an office environment. (6 ft)

I have to say I've not been disappointed. I went overkill on the length in case I need to use them for something else, but it's likely that they'll stay right where they're at. I don't get any kind of static when moving the connection between the headphones and extension around and I've noticed no difference in volume from using the extension to not using the extension. (I even checked with and without a few seconds apart and there was no noticeable difference)

I may have gotten lucky judging by other reviews but if the situation with this extension changes, I'll update this review.

So far - I'd recommend these extension cables.

Ultimate Leprechauns
Ultimate Leprechauns
Price: $0.99

2.0 out of 5 stars pretty good, but..., March 17, 2012
This review is from: Ultimate Leprechauns (App)
This is a pretty nice spot the difference game. It has 3 difficulty settings and levels are unlocked as you progress. The hardest difficulty isn't available until after you've beaten medium. A neat thing about the game is that when you go back through - the differences are not the same on subsequent playthroughs.

Now the downside... Open network sockets. MAYBE it's there so you can view their other games. Maybe not.
Broadcast sticky intents... non-secure method of sending data over your connection... What data does this game have to send?

The cons aren't worth keeping it for me.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 17, 2012 6:58 PM PDT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15