Profile for Karen Joan > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 796

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Karen Joan "Siren" RSS Feed (Texas)
(VINE VOICE)

Price: $16.06
9 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars My Dishes Look Great!!!, May 15, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We have very hard water where we live, which leaves a ton of spots and residue on the my dishes. It drives me nuts! But OXICLEAN EXTREME POWER CRYSTALS DISHWASHER DETERGENT really makes a difference. We've been using this product about a month, and everything from cooking pans to stemware comes out squeaky clean and sparkling. Even the inside of the dishwasher seems cleaner! The handy pour container is nice and light, too, making OXICLEAN EXTREME POWER CRYSTALS DISHWASHER DETERGENT a snap to use and to keep closed. Love this stuff. OXICLEAN EXTREME POWER CRYSTALS DISHWASHER DETERGENT is an excellent product that I will continue to use.

Belkin LEGO Case / Shield for iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2 and iPad mini (Green)
Belkin LEGO Case / Shield for iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2 and iPad mini (Green)
Price: $51.05

5.0 out of 5 stars Tons Of Fun, May 15, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My little one jumped up and down with excitement the first time she saw the BELKIN LEGO CASE FOR IPAD MINI. She grabbed it out of my hands, snapped in her mini (yes, it was that easy), ran up stairs and started building with Legos on top of the pad. She loved that she could turn on her music and listen (and sing) as she worked. She makes her mini-figures dance on top of the bad. She is smart enough to realize that she cannot build large structures on the case, because she will not be able to open and close it, so she, for the most part, restricts herself to small flatish structures that interfere less with opening the case. She has even built a structure that allows her to prop her iPad up when the case is open.

I think the BELKIN LEGO CASE FOR IPAD MINI is a huge success. The Legos fit snugly and don't fall off easily. She really enjoys playing with it, and she likes that she can take a few Legos along where ever she goes. The BELKIN LEGO CASE FOR IPAD MINI is NOT the most protective or solid of cases (if you drop the hard plastic case, it is as likely to crack as the iPad), but that is not its purpose. Its purpose is to inspire fun and creativity, and it does those things VERY well.

OXO Good Grips SimplyRoll Napkin Holder
OXO Good Grips SimplyRoll Napkin Holder
Price: $14.99
5 used & new from $14.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple, Effective, Ugly, May 15, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My title really says it all. This napkin holder has 2 parts: the base and a metal rod. You lay the napkins across the base, then slide the rod into grooves in the base. The rod ends up across the middle of the napkins, holding them in place. To use a napkin, just pull the top one and it slides from the stack. So the design works, but it’s too austere for my tastes. I have other stainless items in my kitchen, but this one looks like it belongs in a workshop. I could hot glue it with rhinestones, I suppose. Wait, let me get a napkin to dry my chin.

Corel VideoStudio Ultimate X7 [Old Version]
Corel VideoStudio Ultimate X7 [Old Version]
Price: $29.10
32 used & new from $28.88

5.0 out of 5 stars It Does What I Need And A Whole Lot More, May 15, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I am not a movie editing guru and my needs are below minimal. I usually just need to cut a long clip into short segments or lop off a section from the beginning or end. That’s it. So products like Adobe Premiere and this package, COREL VIDEO STUDIO ULTIMATE X7, are overkill for me. And since I don’t do much with them, a lot of their terms and procedures are confusing and frankly frustrating. Despite this, I was able to do the minor editing I needed within a very few minutes. I had some high-def home movies that had extra footage on the ends. I was able to create a project, import the movies, cut out the extra bits, and save the clips back to disk in the format I needed.

I have looked for other, simpler packages that will do the same thing but I haven’t found any. I have given COREL VIDEO STUDIO ULTIMATE X7 5 stars because it does the job for me, and it’s clear that it can handle a lot more than I need it too.

Raising Steam (Discworld)
Raising Steam (Discworld)
by Terry Pratchett
Price: $20.31
74 used & new from $3.14

4.0 out of 5 stars My First Terry Pratchett Novel, And I Quite Liked It!, April 17, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My friends who know how much I love science fiction and fantasy have told me for YEARS that I must read Terry Pratchett. And some how, until now, I have never quite gotten around to it. So I was very excited when I received this copy of RAISING STEAM. And even more excited about how much I liked it!

Since this is my first foray into the worlds of Terry Pratchett, I cannot attest to whether this is or is not a typical Terry Pratchett novel. What I can say is that RAISING STEAM is a good story, it stands on its own, and it made me smile.

Terri Pratchett is clearly a master. He imbues his fantastical characters with personality, humor, and realism; these folks are all fun to get to know, and you definitely care about them. His world is full of detail and description, and you feel quite comfortable in it. IMHO opinion, the world he describes in RAISING STEAM is a cross between steam punk and the best of fantasy, with a lot of offbeat humor thrown in. I do not know if this offends any diehard TP fans, but I do know I enjoyed this world very much.

RAISING STEAM is a comfortable read. I would not consider it a page turner; rather is it comfortable story that I look forward to coming back to at the end of each day. I do not feel compelled to stay up all night reading it all the way through, but rather relish the idea of falling asleep while reading.

Overall, RAISING STEAM is a happy read. One that I would happily recommend to others.

ERA by Jawbone Bluetooth Headset with Charge Case - Black Streak - Retail Packaging
Offered by Beach Camera Same Day Shipping
Price: $89.95
45 used & new from $44.34

4.0 out of 5 stars More Pros Than Cons, April 17, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have tried many, many headsets over the years, and Jawbone Headsets have always been my favorite. And this ERA BLUETOOTH HEADSET WITH CHARGE CASE is no exception. While it is not perfect, it has a lot of features that I am very, very impressed with. Here are my pros and cons, listed below.

It is a snap to pair. Turn it on, click a couple of buttons - one on the phone, one on the headset - and bang! Instantly paired. And my Blackberry phone finds it every time. Nice!

The sound quality and sound cancellation are excellent, but I expect that in Jawbone headsets. The kids can talk, I can get ice out of the fridge, and no on at work can hear anything but my mellifluous tones. Does great in wind, too, when I am out walking.

The fit is outstanding. This is a new type of ear piece for me, and I am very excited about it. I am a small person. My ears are small. Most headsets fall out of my ear if I don't mash them in perfectly or if I move around too much...SUCH A PAIN. But this little beauty hooks easily into my ear, fits comfortably and snugly, and feels secure enough to do cartwheels or jumping jacks...Seriously, I tried! And I still love that the ERA style headset makes me look like Lt. Uhura! (Yeah, that's me, queen of the geeks.)

It comes with a charging case. Wow! Love this feature. While this headset does not store as much talk time as previous models when fully charged, it does come with a neat little charging case. When the case itself is fully charged, it can give your headset a significant amount of additional talk time. This is especially nice when on the road. Just let snap it in the charging case and keep on talking.

My only issue with the ERA BLUETOOTH HEADSET WITH CHARGE CASE is that it loses any remaining charge it has if I forget to turn it off or plug it in over night. If I had two hours of talk time left before bed, it is dead in the morning. That can lead to some unpleasant surprises for early morning meetings. UGH!

Overall, though, the ERA BLUETOOTH HEADSET WITH CHARGE CASE is a excellent product from an an excellent company, and I am very, very happy with this headset.

Skinny Cream Clinically Proven Cellulite Reduction, 6 Ounce
Skinny Cream Clinically Proven Cellulite Reduction, 6 Ounce
Offered by LUV 2 SHOP
Price: $25.20
8 used & new from $24.97

1.0 out of 5 stars No. Just No., April 13, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Honestly, I have no idea if SKINNY CREAM does what it is supposed to do, although I highly doubt it (the claims being rather fantastical). This stuff stinks to high Heaven! It is a really bad, rancid smell. I am not sure I even have the words to describe it. I tried it twice a day for a week before my family and I couldn't stand it any more. I put in on my legs and arms in my bathroom, and hours later I still stank, my bathroom still stank, and the smell was worming its way into the rest of the house. My husband finally asked me to stop using it, and my little daughter refused to snuggle with me. (My 16 year old just laughed.) That was the last straw. I am done.

I would not recommend SKINNY CREAM unless you really want to alienate your loved ones.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 3, 2015 11:46 AM PST

GreatShield Chalkee Kid Friendly Stylus for Touchscreen Devices (Pink)
GreatShield Chalkee Kid Friendly Stylus for Touchscreen Devices (Pink)
Offered by GreatShield Store
Price: $14.99
2 used & new from $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars My 8 Year Old Loves This!, April 13, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My wee one loves her ipad, but gets very frustrated when she can't do some of the detailed things she want to on it. She is still a bit behind in fine motor skill development, and the ipad just won't respond the way she wants it to. Enter the GREATSHIELD CHALKEE KID FRIENDLY STYLUS. It really seems to have solved her problems!

First, she loves it because it is pink. LOL. Moving on. She also likes it because it allows her to some of the more creative, artistic things she loves to do on the ipad with much more precision and delicacy. The one thing she she would change about the GREATSHIELD CHALKEE KID FRIENDLY STYLUS is the size. At her age, she would prefer a more slender stylus. However, mom likes the size, because it makes the styles very hard to lose. I am sure that we probably have about 10 thin styluses floating around this house somewhere, and we can't find a single one.

Since my daughter is a bit older than the average user of the GREATSHIELD CHALKEE KID FRIENDLY STYLUS, she has not had the issue of the tip breaking; however, since she is a fiddler, she does keep pulling the tip off. I can get it back on, but it is not easy. I would definitely recommend the maker of this stylus find a more permanent solution for the tip of this stylus.

Overall, the GREATSHIELD CHALKEE KID FRIENDLY STYLUS is a very nice product, but it is not perfect. Not yet, anyway.

Arm & Hammer Multi-Cat Clump & Seal Clumping Litter, 14-Pound
Arm & Hammer Multi-Cat Clump & Seal Clumping Litter, 14-Pound
Offered by Lake View
Price: $19.84
21 used & new from $11.11

5.0 out of 5 stars So Much Better Than I Expected..., April 13, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
...but exactly what I hoped for!

I was very skeptical about the claims of this new cat litter. But I do like Arm & Hammer products very much, so I decided give ARM & HAMMER CLUMP & SEAL CAT LITTER a try. And my family and I are absolutely thrilled with the results. ARM & HAMMER CLUMP & SEAL CAT LITTER really is different, and it does exactly what it says!

Seal in the odor? Check. I have one cat, who is elderly and very stinky. My family used to complain about the litter box smell no matter what litter I used or how often I scooped. Now there truly is no smell. We don't even notice the litter box any more.

Clumps that stay clumped and don't fall apart? Check, again. This one was a surpise, too. There are always clumps that fall apart when you scoop, right? WRONG. Every single clump scooped over the past month has been a true and solid clump. No little crumbly bits of smelliness left behind. Awesome.

Low dust and tracking? Check, check, checkity-check! This litter is finer, a lot finer, than other litters. Less sticks to the cats paws, thus less is tracked around the house. And almost no dust when pouring or scooping. Which is great for those of use with allergies.

Does the cat like it? You betcha! My 17 year old cat had been using my bath mats as ancillary litter boxes. I was doing a lot of extra washing each week, and it was driving me NUTS. However, he has now stopped that behavior completely. YAY! This litter has definitely worked a miracle.

ARM & HAMMER CLUMP & SEAL CAT LITTER truly is different, and I am a complete convert. No question about it, ARM & HAMMER CLUMP & SEAL CAT LITTER will be the only litter in our house from now on. MOST HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Oreck Ultimate Handheld Bagged Canister Vacuum, CC1600
Oreck Ultimate Handheld Bagged Canister Vacuum, CC1600
Price: $129.99
9 used & new from $49.00

5.0 out of 5 stars In This Case, Sucking Is Good!, April 13, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The ORECK ULTIMATE HANDHELD VACUUM is a wonderful device for getting to awkward locations. It has a shoulder strap, a long power cord, and several attachments that make reaching corners, ceiling fans, drapes, and the like a snap. The first thing I tried was to clean my oh-so-dusty ceiling fan blades. This was pretty straightforward, although I have high ceilings and needed a step ladder (a 2-stepper.) And it worked, but with caveats. First, ceiling fans move. That complicates things. It took a few minutes of trial and error to get a groove going whereby I could move the brush attachment along the length of the fan blade before the fan presented me with a new blade. (And NO! It was NOT turned on!) Even so, I felt like Lucy and was certain I could hear a laugh track. The vacuum did a pretty good job with the fan blades, but there was still dust when I was finished (meaning, when my arms gave out and I gave up.) To be fair, I have not cleaned our fan blades in a REALLY long time.

The ORECK ULTIMATE HANDHELD VACUUM is really light weight and extremely easy to use, making it perfect for a host of other odd uses as well. It did a fantastic job sucking up debris, dust, cat litter, fur, etc. from under the lip of the kitchen kitchen counter and around the base boards, both traditionally difficult places to get completely clean, It easily knocked out the paces between the sofa cushions, and was much easier to use on the stair case than my upright vac.

While I still hate to vacuum, the ORECK ULTIMATE HANDHELD VACUUM makes it all that much easier. I definitely recommend the ORECK ULTIMATE HANDHELD VACUUM for all those hard to get places.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20