Profile for Joelle > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 15

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Joelle RSS Feed (Levittown, NY United States)

Page: 1 | 2
Adventure in Everything: How the Five Elements of Adventure Create a Life of Authenticity, Purpose, and Inspiration
by Matthew Walker
Price: $11.79
54 used & new from $0.55

5.0 out of 5 stars I am so glad I picked up this book, August 9, 2014
I was checking out at a book store at the Omega Institutue and saw this book next to the register. I thumbed through it quickly, put it down, and the picked it up and added it to my order. I felt compelled to buy it, without knowing much about it.

Fast forward to my life now, I'm 30 and am a full time teacher wanting to go back for another Masters in Neuroscience. Reading this book inspired me to look past the hefty debt I would accrue in returning to school, and focus on what I wanted to do. I feel so much more at ease with my choice and my new adventure ahead! I am so glad I picked up this book!

Skip N' Whistle Women's Cat Chillin Raglan Sweatshirt
Skip N' Whistle Women's Cat Chillin Raglan Sweatshirt
Offered by Skip N Whistle
Price: $24.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Very short!, December 26, 2013
I wear a size medium and the shirt was about belly button level on me, yet still baggy. I thought about returning it for a large, but I would then have a baggier shirt, that is still too short. I just were a tank underneath though! Also - as another reviewer said, it's very light - t-shirt material.

The Journey: A Practical Guide to Healing Your Life and Setting Yourself Free
The Journey: A Practical Guide to Healing Your Life and Setting Yourself Free
by Brandon Bays
Price: $11.05
52 used & new from $8.29

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE THIS BOOK!, October 24, 2013
I learned about the Journey while getting my hypnosis certification this summer. I had in mind that I wanted to read the book, and to my delight, I found it in a discount rack at Strand in NYC! I loved the book so much that I have since bought additional copies for people I know with cancer, eye problems, and other ailments who I thought could really benefit from reading such an inspirational piece. It had also made me more aware of how I a FEEL during different situations. Now when something bad happens and I feel it in my chest, I take moment to witness and understand why, instead of suppressing, as I have done many times in the past.

Merry Pet Products Pet House, Litterbox Cover and Night Stand, Walnut, 20.5" D x 19" W x 25"H
Price: $93.81
14 used & new from $86.57

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product & great costumer service!!, October 24, 2013
The piece arrived quickly. As my boyfriend and I were building we noticed a damaged area and the towel rack was missing. We contacted the seller, who was more than apologetic, and they quickly rectified the problem. They frequently updated me with order progress and tracking information for the new piece. Now that the cage is perfectly assembled, it looks great!! It's pretty sturdy and helps masks the fact that we need to keep the litter box in our kitchen. Now we just need to convince our cat to use it AFTER we eat dinner!!

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Lighting is all wrong, August 7, 2013
This artist needs to learn a thing or two about lighting. The subject's face is in the shadows and lacks details such as: what's in the bowl, what color are her eyes, if her fingernails are painted. I am certain this is used, as it has crazing and cracking. I will probably hang this in my kitchen pantry, as it won't look good in my dining hall. The restocking fee is pricy, making it inconvenient to return.

iFlash Dual USB Port Car Charger for the new iPad, iPad2, iPhone 5 4S 4 3Gs 3G, iPod Touch all versions, Samsung Galaxy Note, Nexus, S2, & S, HTC Sensation EVO Thunderbolt, LG Optimus V, Blackberry (Bold curve Torch), Motorola Razr and Bionic, Nokia Lumia
Offered by eTECH
Price: $6.99

2.0 out of 5 stars I bought 3, 2 worked, February 3, 2013
I bought 3 of these for Christmas presents. Only 2 of them worked. The ones that do work: while they are on, the blue light is very distracting at night, it is way too bright. These also tend to get VERY hot, which means they need to cool down a few minutes before they can be packed up or put in the glove box. I would look at other options next time I bought a similar product.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 6, 2013 1:07 PM PST

Intex Wally the Walrus Ride-On
Intex Wally the Walrus Ride-On

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, July 13, 2012
I'm 5'4" and 140lbs - my friends and I typically drink and play aggressively in the pool and this toy has withstood 3 years of our abuse in pools, lakes and the ocean. I finally had to throw it out this weekend because one of the seams split. Never had a problem staying on it, only complaint would be the lack of cup holder ;) Will be purchasing again!

Canon PowerShot D20 12.1 MP CMOS Waterproof Digital Camera with 5x Image Stabilized Zoom 28mm Wide-Angle Lens a 3.0-Inch LCD and GPS Tracking (Blue)
Offered by Hot Deals Electronics
Price: $249.00
28 used & new from $219.99

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT!, June 11, 2012
I am a photographer, and I always purchase Canon products. However last year when I was stuck between the Canon D10 or Panasonic Lumix, I chose the Lumix based on it's superior specs at the time. The image quality was overly sharp, and the colors were dull. It definitely did not hold up to my expectations. When the weather was warm it would frequently fog the lens and LCD, leaving me unable to take clear photos. I took very good care of it, yet it still glitched a few times and shut itself off after being in a pool for 15-20 minutes.

Anyway, the camera was stolen from me last fall and I was elated to see Canon was finally upgrading their underwater camera. I pre-ordered it, and had my first chance to use it two weeks ago for a rafting trip. The pictures came out crisp, sharp (but not too much so), vibrant - everything I love about my other powershots, rebels and 5Ds! This is the greatest picture quality I have seen in a camera that does not have a retractable lens. In fact, my friend loved the photos from the trip so much that he is planning on upgrading his underwater-case (another fog-loving solution) for this model as well!

I can't speak much for it's durability as it's only made two underwater trips so far - but those have been great! However I DID purchase an extended waterproof warranty from SquareTrade, because according to reviews, Canon is not always reliable when it comes to standing behind their products.

Gerbils 2012 Square 12X12 Wall Calendar
Gerbils 2012 Square 12X12 Wall Calendar
by BrownTrout Publishers Inc
Edition: Calendar

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute and creative!, January 8, 2012
I bought the 2011 calendar and was disappointed at the end of the year when it ended. I saw this one online and was excited that they had all new pictures for the 2012 year! Great quality, and super creative photos! I have it hanging in my classroom and even my middle school students love to see the photos change every month!

Educational Insights Spinzone Magnetic Whiteboard Spinners
Educational Insights Spinzone Magnetic Whiteboard Spinners
Offered by Educational Insights
Price: $19.99
21 used & new from $14.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Spins, but not consistantly!, January 8, 2012
I bought this product to help teach probability in my middle school math class. These spinners have a strong tendency to land vertically. Even if it stops horizontally, the weight of the spinners will cause them to turn vertically, making it impossible for the spinners to land on anything other than the "12/6" directions.

Page: 1 | 2