Profile for Bob V. > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 19

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Bob V. "Hoss" RSS Feed (Near Erie, PA)

Page: 1 | 2
Weber 87886 Chimney Starter (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Weber 87886 Chimney Starter (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't ask for More!, January 18, 2010
If you smoke or grill with charcoal. Do yourself a favor and just buy one of these. It is very large and will start a lot of charcoal. Doesn't get any better for this price.

Weber 721001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 18-1/2-Inch Charcoal Smoker, Black
Weber 721001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 18-1/2-Inch Charcoal Smoker, Black
Price: $299.00
11 used & new from $299.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Smoker, Don't Pass this One up!, January 18, 2010
I've had mine since 2005 and it still looks and works like the day I bought it. If you want to smoke with charcoal instead of via electric this is the smoker for you. And don't overlook the fact that it is made so that it can be used as a charcoal grill to boot! Plenty of room to do two tukeys', briskets or whatever you like. I see they now have a 22 1/2" version available as well. So if you did need more room, there you go.

Very efficient, burns a long time on full load of charcoal (maybe 8 lbs) I can smoke a brisket for 12-14 hrs using the 'Minion meathod' and might have to add a handful of brickets towards the end. It holds it's temperature very well and does a terrific job. You will want to add a temperature gauge or stick one in the top opening, but this is very inexpensive and easy to do. You have never tasted a brisket until you smoke one using the 'Minion method w/ Oven finishing' as described at the site linked below. (I always use Apple wood myself) My friends are always bothering me to do another one for any party they might be having!
While I only paid $[...] for mine, even at this price I can't recommend it enough.

I Do highly recommend that you visit this site for many tips, modifications and recipes aimed at using this particular smoker. Is is a wonderful resource.
[...].

DEWALT D26453K 3 Amp 5-Inch Variable Speed Random Orbit Sander Kit with Cloth Dust Bag
Offered by SupplyDirect
Price: Click here to see our price
32 used & new from $60.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Sander, January 18, 2010
I bought a Factory Reconditioned version and I've used a few of these over the years. Is this the best one I've ever used? Probably not, but it does a fine job for the $64.00 I paid. The only con I have is that the top of this sander is a bit odd shaped and not the most comfortable. Other then that no complaints from me.

Midland 75-785 40-Channel CB Radio
Midland 75-785 40-Channel CB Radio
Price: $33.46
75 used & new from $30.14

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Hand Held, January 18, 2010
I've owned a few of these over the years. This one is a very good one! Compact, good quality, great price, good reception and volume. If you're looking for a hand held CB radio, look no further!

Philips DVP5140 Multiformat DVD Player with DivX, MP3, Windows Media Support
Philips DVP5140 Multiformat DVD Player with DivX, MP3, Windows Media Support
11 used & new from $30.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Nice DVD player, Plus it plays DIVX, January 18, 2010
I've had mine for over a year now. While I don't watch a lot of DVD's or DIVX I have had no problems so far. The DIVX player works very well, but the search/fast forward feature while doing so is not the greatest.
For the money I am very pleased with both it's performance, features and video/sound quality.

Microsoft Streets & Trips 2009 [OLD VERSION]
Microsoft Streets & Trips 2009 [OLD VERSION]
12 used & new from $7.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Mapping Software, January 18, 2010
In the past I had used Delorme's products. And I have to say this is just as good and in some respects better. I don't use the satelite features, but if you're looking for this kind of software it will do the job just fine.

Panasonic ES7103K Pro-Curve Wet/Dry Triple Head Shaver, Black
Panasonic ES7103K Pro-Curve Wet/Dry Triple Head Shaver, Black
2 used & new from $199.00

3.0 out of 5 stars My first Electric Shaver, January 18, 2010
I chose this one mostly due to the fact it also has the trimmer and the price was right. As this is my first electric I cannot compare it to others. I am not overly imprssed but it does the job when I don't want to take the time and effort to use a blade shaver. It is certainly not as close of a shave by far, but it does okay and the trimmer works very well.
The best thing a can say about it is that it's easy to clean and the battery life is very good.

Winegard ANWI8700 Winegard AP Signal Amplifier (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Winegard ANWI8700 Winegard AP Signal Amplifier (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars What a difference!, January 18, 2010
If like me since the digital change over you've been experiencing drops out due to low signal strength. Look no further and buy on of these!
Easy to install and the change you will see in your TV picture is amazing. Plus Winegard's name is one of the best in the business. As long as you can access your attenna's mast anyone can install one of these in less then 1/2 an hour.

Columbia Men's Bugaboot Omni-Tech Insulated Winter Boot
Columbia Men's Bugaboot Omni-Tech Insulated Winter Boot

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Boots; Warm and Comfy, January 18, 2010
I've had these for over a month now and I can't say enough good things about them! Comfortable right out of the box. Warm enough for most any outdoor activity. Well made and good looking too. (I have the Hawk/Mud color)
And the traction of these soles is incredible, even on sheer ice. I live between Erie, PA and Buffalo, NY so you know I've seen my share of winter weather already. My feet have yet to get even so much as chilled and I've yet to slip at all.

I bought a size 9 1/2 Wide and the fit was good and true, with enough extra room for a good pair of wool socks. Not too heavy, average for a good hiking style boots. I liked them so much that I even bought my girlfriend a pair of BugaZip's for Christmas. Which she loves too!
If these boots last more then a few years then I'd have to say they are the best footwear purchase I have ever made. You cannot beat these for the money.

Epson B11B193081 Perfection V300 Photo Scanner
Epson B11B193081 Perfection V300 Photo Scanner
Offered by priceBYTER
Price: $399.99
8 used & new from $100.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't ask for more, January 17, 2010
For a mid-line scanner I'm very impressed. Great quality, good speed and an easy to use interface with options for everyone. From a beginner to a pro the software has the options you want and need. A great prview window that shows results of filters applied, etc before you scan. And great results once you do scan.
While I have yet to try scanning any slides. I do have some old ones here that eventually are going to get scanned into digital format. You can even store the slide/film tray in the scanner cover, so no worries about mis-placing it. Not to mention the fully hinged cover/hood that allows scanning books, etc..

I did my research and I am very pleased I chose the v300. Highly recommended!

Page: 1 | 2