Profile for Diane Can > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 124

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Diane Can RSS Feed (New York)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13
The Great Courses
The Great Courses

1.0 out of 5 stars Worked for a day on my fire phone, March 4, 2015
This review is from: The Great Courses (App)
Now it won't let me log in. Tried to get it to send a new password to my email but it doesn't send. I'm really angry because I bought this course because I could stream it while on the train. I don't have time for this at home. Looks like I wasted my money. Lesson learned - look elsewhere for education.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 5, 2015 9:52 AM PST

Amazon Fire Phone Case, Cimo [Flex] Premium Slim TPU Flexible Soft Case for Amazon Fire Phone (2014) - Blue
Offered by Cimo Technologies
Price: $9.93
3 used & new from $6.98

4.0 out of 5 stars A good case. Easily installed. More transparent than I would have preferred., February 28, 2015
It's more green than blue. I didn't realize how transparent it would be. It fits the phone perfectly and I've dropped the phone a few times since purchasing this and have had no breakage.

InterDesign Bruschia Over Door 6-Hook Rack, Brushed/Chrome
InterDesign Bruschia Over Door 6-Hook Rack, Brushed/Chrome
Price: $26.99
7 used & new from $20.16

4.0 out of 5 stars Holds a lot of weight with no problem., February 28, 2015
My only complaint about this item is the over the door hook things aren't that wide. I bought it for a door at work and I guess it's a little thick, so the thing doesn't really fit it that well. The door could never be closed with it on because the two bracket hook things at the top are sitting about an inch above the top of the door. However, it easily holds six winter coats, plus a few sweaters. One of the coats is a military issue US Army trench coat that weighs about 12 pounds. So far, none of the hooks has fallen off or bent or anything.

It's an attractive item and seems very well made.

niceEshop(TM) 2Pcs x White Black Panda 3.5mm Earphone Anti Dust Plug for iPhone 5/4S
Offered by CZ-Sky
Price: $1.49
2 used & new from $1.49

2.0 out of 5 stars Cute but easily breakable., February 28, 2015
These are very cute. It came as a set of two of the same pandas. I gave one to my daughter. It looked adorable, sitting on top of my Fire phone. For two days. Then the panda separated from the plug.

The good news is that the plug had a nail head type platform, so it didn't become a permanent feature of my phone. It was easy to remove and toss in the trash.

Even though it was an inexpensive purchase, it really isn't worth buying because it broke so easily. I mean, I kept the phone in my coat pocket, didn't drop it or anything. This thing just isn't made to last. Also, the small parts could be dangerous if you have a small child - choking hazard - especially after the thing breaks.

My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey
My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey
Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price: $8.31
7 used & new from $8.31

5.0 out of 5 stars This Book Should Be Required Reading for Anyone Entering the Medical Field, February 28, 2015
This woman's story is very inspiring. I am a nurse, and reading her account of the ways people treated her after the stroke made me cringe because a lot of the unhelpful things that she talks about are standard practice in rehab centers and nursing homes. I don't work in that area of medicine but I remember doing clinicals in those types of places and being told it was good for the non-verbal, non-ambulatory residents to be sat in front of a TV with people talking on it. Also, that you should speak clearly, and at a high volume. It never occurred to me that sound could be painful for a stroke survivor. I also remember a lot of talking ABOUT patients, rather than including them by speaking TO them, happening by both facility staff and nursing instructors.

I really think this book should be required reading for anyone entering the medical field, as well as anyone who is in a caregiver role for someone who has survived a stroke or traumatic brain injury. Every nursing school, medical school and vocational training school should make this book a part of their standard curriculum.

Even if you are not working or aspiring to work in the medical field and you do not personally know anyone who has survived a stroke or traumatic brain injury, I promise that you will come away from reading this book with a lot more knowledge of how your brain works, as well as various other random facts about neurology and brain science. I'm pretty sure anyone with an interest in health, science, psychology, neurology, spirituality or mental illness would really enjoy reading this book.

Society6 Women's Blue Mermaid T-Shirt
Society6 Women's Blue Mermaid T-Shirt

4.0 out of 5 stars Be Warned: These shirts run ridiculously small!, February 14, 2015
BE WARNED - Buy two sizes bigger than your normal size!

The design on this shirt is really pretty and the shirt seems to be made of exceptional good quality, nice, thick cotton, with no manufacturing defects. My only complaint is it runs extremely small. I'm not a large woman. My bra size is 34A. If I want a shirt to fit tight (like a tank top), I wear size small. If I want a shirt to fit more loosely, and comfortable (which is how I wanted this), I wear size medium. I ordered this shirt in a size medium and it, unfortunately, fits like a Juniors Extra Small. I'm wearing it in the hope that it will stretch out but I am afraid I am going to have to take it off because it's restricting my breathing. Unfortunately, the good quality of the shirt is probably going to prevent stretching. Such a shame! I am going to have to find a small teenager or pre-teen to give it to. It really is a very nice shirt. The seller should really warn people because I am very disappointed. I probably would need a size XL to fit on my size S/M body.

Rushed (Rushed, Book 1)
Rushed (Rushed, Book 1)
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A Really Interesting, Fast Paced, Supernatural Fiction Novel., February 13, 2015
This book was well-written and a real page turner. The author is very descriptive so you really get sucked into the story. The characters are interesting and the main character is likeable and believable (even though the story is really far-fetched, supernatural fiction). The book was well edited and of the quality you would expect from an ink and paper novel put out by a major publishing house. This is so refreshing to find an e-book that the author actually took the time and care to produce a professional product. I can't wait to read more by this author.

Sunbeam TSM8US- R310-25B00 Microplush Heated Throw, Garnet
Sunbeam TSM8US- R310-25B00 Microplush Heated Throw, Garnet
Offered by VCT ELECTRONICS
Price: $45.95
16 used & new from $39.30

5.0 out of 5 stars Warm and Easy to Use, February 13, 2015
I work in a really cold office. They keep the air conditioning on in the winter, when outside temps are in the teens (fahrenheit). I used to be miserable, until I got this heated throw to keep on my chair. Now, I sit in luxurious warmth and all of my coworkers are jealous. The blanket warms up quickly. There are 3 temperatures. None of them gets too hot that it would run the risk of burning your skin. It has a timer, that turns it off after 3 hours. This is good, in case I ever forget to turn it off before leaving work for the day. The fabric is plush and soft. I really can't think of anything bad to say about this product. I've been using it for about 6 weeks now with no complaints at all.

Android Army Knife
Android Army Knife

5.0 out of 5 stars An All Around Awesome App, February 13, 2015
This review is from: Android Army Knife (App)
Has a lot of cool and useful features - a compass, a mirror, flashlight, weight converter (i.e. pounds to kilograms). Definitely useful in a lot of ways. I use it almost daily.

Amazon Fire Phone, 32GB (Unlocked GSM)
Amazon Fire Phone, 32GB (Unlocked GSM)
Price: $449.00

2.0 out of 5 stars I Really Wanted to Love This Phone, but..., February 13, 2015
I'll admit it, I bought the phone because of the price, mainly. I got it on cyber Monday, when it was $199.00, with a free year of Prime. My previous phone was having end of life issues and I needed a replacement and didn't feel like spending $600. I also liked the idea that it would be somewhat familiar, since I already had a Kindle Fire. The phone is nice, for the most part. The sound quality of calls is good, it's substantial feeling, not flimsy plastic or anything. I've had phones with gorilla glass before and would never get one without it. I drop my phone a lot. The battery lasts pretty long for a smart phone, it also seems to be better at conserving both battery and 4G than my old phone and it charges really fast. The camera is awesome. Probably the best digital camera (phone or otherwise) that I've ever used. Videos come out really nice, too. The dynamic perspective feature is really cool and impressed all of my coworkers. Getting it up and running with t-mobile was just a matter of getting a smaller sim card than the one I had from the t-mobile store.

My main complaint about this phone, and the reason it's not getting a higher rating, is because the Amazon App store is not that comprehensive. I'm not talking about games or social networking apps. They seem to have plenty of that. But I couldn't find real life apps that I need to conduct my life. Things like the apps for my two banks or the app for the train that I take to work every day. Important stuff that I really need.

Following another review that I read on here, I managed to figure out how to download the google play store and was able to get my apps onto this phone. It's great, except for when I did that, the Amazon music app just stopped working. I contacted Amazon via the mayday button (another really cool feature) and they had me do a few things but that didn't work, then they escalated my call to the next level tech support. I was told that the music app stopped working because I had downloaded apps from the google play store.

So, basically, I can choose to either have my music or conduct my normal day-to-day life activities (i.e. banking and commuting) with my phone, but I can't do both. This is why I will probably just suck it up and spend the $600 on a Galaxy or M8 in a few months. Such a shame because I really, truly, wanted to love this phone.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13