Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for Amazon Reviewer1 > Reviews

Browse

Amazon Reviewer1's Profile

Customer Reviews: 11

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Reviewer1 RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
HP LaserJet Pro M225Dw Wireless Monochrome Printer with Scanner, Copier and Fax (CF485A#BGJ)
Price: Click here to see our price
46 used & new from $152.39

5.0 out of 5 stars We got our printer via Costco as they were having a special on the printer and we had a good deal on the cartridge, February 10, 2016
This printer has a new Firmware Update released in October 2015. Before I setup any printer I will go to the website and download the necessary drivers and latest firmware. This is perhaps why some people were getting the Static IP address issue where the printer would disconnect form the network.

Setting up did not take 1/2 a day as one review stated. Yes there is a lack of a User Guide with the printer but if you go to the HP website go ahead and download the PDF version and read it before purchasing. This is what I do be fore buying any item. If you don't want to be stuck with a hard to use feature then you can move on.

We got our printer via Costco as they were having a special on the printer and we had a good deal on the cartridge. When the printer arrived today I took it out of the box and set it up, Within 20 minutes it was up and running. Be sure you remove the plastic coverings on the included Toner Cartridge. There is a plastic between the unit that needs to be removed as well as one covering the memory sensor. I got an error message stating that it could not read the cartridge. This is the reason to download the full software and driver as it comes with a Diagnostic Utility and one where I can purchase new cartridges when they become low.

In addition I went to the HP Connected Website and registered my printer. You need to first activate EPrint and then under Web Services Print out a page with the settings and enter the code of the printer. Once this was done it asked for a new EPrint email address. Rather than give out the long code@eprint.com go ahead and make it easy like thesmiths@hpeprint.com and give it to people who would normally fax you. All they need to do is attach a file.

Also when going through the settings be sure you customize items like the Energy Saver for the screen to turn off after 5 minutes and also ensure that the printer will wake up when it detects a print job or fax. Again before you do anything or read the old reviews be sure you download the latest driver from the HP website and do not use the enclosed CD as this potentially has old software and will anyways download the latest version. Then go ahead and download the Firmware. Once its downloaded you will select the HP 225dw and then click the button Send Firmware. Warning do not turn off the printer in the middle and be sure its in the"Ready:" stage.

Take 2 hours when your mind is fresh to read through the manual and practice the steps following along. One review said the Touch Screen is not responsive in our case it works well. Just learn what buttons do what. Also its a good idea to power down the unit and leave it off for 5 minutes and then Power it back on once a week to fix any connectivity issues such as the Static IP address and to clear out any memory issues.

If you have problems use the HP diagnostic software and call HP tech support with the code and see what they can do to help. Its a good idea to register the product.

Also ensure that you place this product on a steady stand or in an area that is away form clutter. The printer has a nice look to it and it so far functions very well and is quiet.

Be sure to run the HP Upgrade Utility every now and again to ensure you have the latest Software and you can check the HP website for the latest Firmware.

Its a very solid MonoChrome Laser Printer and I suggest purchasing at least the 83 A and use the included Toner during your first purchase then after this switch to the 83X extended page Toner to get more out of it. Be careful with third party cartridges and just pay the difference to use a Genuine HP Cartridge. Through their recycling program at stores such as Best Buy or via HP direct you can save money when replacing the cartridge. If they need to be cleaned use a q-tip with a little Hydrogen Peroxide if you notice the ink is getting smudged. Shake the cartridge gently and replace it. You may see extended use using these tips.

I am an IT Geek so I know how to make the printer work for you. If you want to go an extra step setup the Print to Scan only if you have an STMP email server like Comcast.Net or your work e-mail. Also ensure you setup the Scan to Network Folder on your Computer. You will need your Log In Credential Password when setting this up. Also learn how the ADF Auto Document Feeder works as it can save you time. In the Scan software you can do two sided scans too. Saving it to OCR allows you to edit the scan and you can save it as a PDF or JPEG.

Using a FAX with Phone Company voicemail can make your fax not receive it unless you have Distinctive Ring or you just want to plug in an Answering Device Directly to your FAX. Using EPrint and scanning can potentially eliminate the use of a Fax. So if you do not need a Fax look for a model with Copy Scan Print and HP EPrint. Instead of paying an EFax Service you can use EPrint from a library or hotel that charges to print.

Be sure to also download the HP E Print Smartphone App. And another function you can add your printer to the Google Chrome Print Services should you wish to print documents without E Print. Just go under chrome://devices and add the printer you want.

I will post an update of my review should anything change. If you are debating over HP vs Brother, Epson or Samsung I would highly suggest going with HP as they made one of the very first printers in the 80s and they stand by their quality. People have complained about their Tech Support and Customer Service but I have found no fault with HP. We have another MFP Laser Printer that is working since 2009. And I had an HP LaserJet 4L that worked for so many years. HP Laser Printers have better reliability than their InkJet Printers. If you really need color then you can go to your local Fed Ex and print in color. But other than that a MonoChrome Laser is better.

With Brother and Epson you have to purchase a separate Drumb and Cartridge but with HP when you buy the Cartridge it has the Drumb Built in and is less than buying it from HP. With the Epson and Brother InkJets they waste their printing on the Priming and Epson says you can replace an individual cartridge. Yes this may be true but its because they waste so much ink on the priming process. InkJet Printers can leak but not LaserJets. If you need a color printer look for a Color LaserJet as they use a powder vs ink which can ruin the insides of a printer as did our previous InkJet that we returned to Costco.

If you are a member of Costco they are really good about returning a defective product even if the warranty has expired they refunded our money and we waited to find this printer. I like Amazon but Costco has some better deals.

Overall you can use this review to purchase the printer here on Amazon. Please take my word that you will have a great experience with the printer. Use all the functions within the first 20 days so you can return it if you need to. I find that a lot of people are unhappy because they found out something did not work. I know you get a 1 year warranty but you may just get a refurbished printer. During the 30 Day No Questions Asked return period give the printer a full spin to see if it meets your needs. This is what I do with anything that I purchase to try and find out the flaws as early on as possible.

The 1 star reviews may be valid but do be aware they were written before the October 2015 Firmware release and new Driver Release. Some people use the older software or do not bother to take 5 minutes updating the Firmware.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 28, 2016 8:28 AM PDT

Logitech Multimedia Speakers Z200 with Stereo Sound for Multiple Devices, Black
Logitech Multimedia Speakers Z200 with Stereo Sound for Multiple Devices, Black
Price: $22.99
70 used & new from $20.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Working great!!!, January 29, 2016
Thanks very much. So far the speakers sound great and you took a lot of care to pack them. They look and sound great without any signs of use.

Linksys Dual-Band Wireless-N USB Adapter (AE3000)
Linksys Dual-Band Wireless-N USB Adapter (AE3000)
Price: Click here to see our price
75 used & new from $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A great replacement for my laptop WiFi Card, July 27, 2013
I needed to replace my WiFI Card and found this Linksys Cisco Router. Be sure you disable the IPV6 and only run IPV4 under advanced settings or else there will be a conflict. Be sure you log on to the highest speed network (N) at public hotspots and have your Windows Firewall enabled.

The setup was very easy and I downloaded the driver online and saved the file to a USB dongle.

This is the best bang for your buck.

Grace Digital GDI-IR2600 Wi-Fi Internet Radio featuring Pandora, NPR On-Demand, SiriusXM Internet Radio and iHeartRadio - Black
11 used & new from $119.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The Internet Radio Lover's Dream Innovator X GDI-IR2600, June 12, 2013
I was looking at Grace Digital Radios a year ago and while I was happy about the lineup last year I knew I would find a better model this year. I was switching back and forth between the Logitech Squeezebox and Grace and went with Grace from hearing about their quality products. I read the reviews and found this Grace on Amazon for $86 with shipping,

Quality:

The Grace is enclosed in a black wood casing and looks like it could be more than the MSRP of $120. Grace really took the time to design a beautiful radio. The display is easy to read and I love how the dial and buttons are not cheaply made. You get the feedback you would expect and its not the flimsy controls found on some radios.

Setup:

When I turned on the radio it looked for my Wireless Network and then using the dial I turned it to the appropriate number. Once you entered the password make sure you scroll to End and push the dial in to select it. Then it will connect to the network. Simple for even a novice person setting it up.

After that I went into the settings to make sure the audio quality was Stereo again very easy. Then I went to do a Firmware update. Be sure you don't unplug it during this update. After the update I set my location and time. You can use this radio in Europe or the USA as it had settings for both.

Then it was time to find my favorite station. I found a radio station from Paris and within seconds it connected. It buffered for 10 seconds and then the stream came in and within seconds I pressed the Preset 1 and it saved it as a preset.

You can get on demand radio from NPR as well as podcasts all for free . If you missed a show and your station has the On Demand/Podcast feature you can tune to it again. I did not see this feature on Logitech's Suqeezebox.

I then went on to Gracedigitalaudio.com to register my radio. You will then need to go to the Reciva Website to first activate your radio using the registration code provided under the radio's setting menu. Then create a Reciva Account and use the same registration code you activated to add the receiver to your account. You can then link your Pandora, Live365, SirrusXM , Dar.Fm account and Rhapsody or register for them if you wish to do so.

Sound Quality:

The sound is excellent quality for the speaker and you can use the cables to plug in better speakers or an MP3 Player(using the headphone jack) or AUX for MP3 player.

Remote:

Grace Digital Audio unlike the Logitech Squeezebox gives you a small remote with buttons for Pandora to rate the songs up or down, change the volume, access presets etc. You can also download the App for Android or Apple which I highly recommend so you don't have to turn the dial to find your station. It will automatically find your radio on the network and you can turn it on and off, set or change presents access streams etc.

Overall:

This is a great radio packed with so many features including an Alarm Clock, Access to Weatherbug and NOAA weather and more. This beats buying a stand alone Alarm Clock Radio or Boombox upgrade to the latest technology and you'll be glad you did. Impress your friends when you can turn in to a local radio station from their home country as background music for dinner.

You can even access your MP3 files from your computer which must be on and you can then add it to the queue(not sure if it has to be on after doing so) and then activate the UPNP server or file sharing in Windows. I will try this and see how well this works. I like the fact that you can plug in your Smartphone or MP3 player to the AUX jack so no need for an IPOD docking station. Just keep your phone plugged in or run it off the battery.

BLU Jenny T172i Black Blue Unlocked GSM Dual SIM QuadBand Bar Cell Phone
BLU Jenny T172i Black Blue Unlocked GSM Dual SIM QuadBand Bar Cell Phone

4.0 out of 5 stars A unlocked GSM phone for worldwide travel, June 11, 2013
This Blue Jenny is a great simple to use Unlocked GSM phone. When we arrived in Italy we took it to the local cellphone carrier(be sure to have your passports or else they won't sell you a SIM card) and got the best pre-paid SIM Card loaded with minutes. It was super easy to setup the phone and alarm clock. This phone will store all of your contacts.

Having a Dual SIM card allows you to keep your American phone number or have two European phone numbers. The sound quality is perfect and the reception is great. For the price its better that I expected it and you don't have to pay the high US roaming charges.

You could even use this phone on a pre-paid Tmobile or other GSM carrier in the USA. It supports all of the GSM bands. I would buy one for every traveling partner it gives you independence. Even a senior can learn how to setup the phone really quickly.

You also have a calculator, FM radio tuner, Notepad and it even has a camera and voice recorder.

Travelon ID and Boarding Pass Holder , Black, One Size
Travelon ID and Boarding Pass Holder , Black, One Size
Offered by Menswallet
Price: $4.50
6 used & new from $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A true gem, June 11, 2013
This is what I have been looking for to make travel easier. When I travel through airports I want to have all of my documents in one location from credit card, passports, government ID and cash etc. I know this product will take a load off my wallet and will make it easier passing through security or at passport control. I will update this review once I have used it.

Lucien Hervé: Building Images (ReSources)
Lucien Hervé: Building Images (ReSources)
by Olivier Beer
Price: $65.00
36 used & new from $30.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A Moving Portrait, October 30, 2012
Ann

" How did you become a photographer?", Le Corbusier asks Herve. " With scissors", Herve replies. Cropping and re-cropping, light and shadow, an artist's work is informed by his life experience. To experience this book is to allow oneself to absorb Herve's truth through stunning photographs as well as to immerse oneself in Olivier Beer's text which offers a deep and moving window to Lucien Herve, the man and artist.

Born in Hungary (1910) , as a young man Herve was accomplished in Graeco- roman wrestling and music, but it was painting that destined him to Paris. In 1949, Herve began to photograph Le Corbusier's "Unite d'Habitation", in Marseille. Herve loved this building and Le Corbusier recognized this love. For Le Corbusier, Herve was a photographer with the soul of an architect, and he asked Herve to be his official photographer. In the tradition of architectural photography, Herve carved himself a niche.

In "Building Images", one senses that Herve is searching for a kind of truth, a soul within the structure. He is in dialogue with his subjects, yet his perception is not only informed by what appears before him. Herve is also clearly in dialogue with all the artist's whose work has deeply affected him: the painters Mondrian ( one of whose paintings he replicated on the ceiling of his living room) , Picasso, Goya, and Rembrandt, and the film makers Eisenstein, Pudovkin, Vertov, and Jean Vigo.

Herve faced many challenges in his life, among them multiple sclerosis. But as a creator, he never stopped. At times this meant that he limited his subject to the apartment on rue Vineuse, capturing a moment from the window, the tiles in the bathroom, or his beautiful wife Judith at an angle. Currently there is great interest in his work, and it is beautiful to witness how his work affects a new generation, and moves the conversation spirally upward as a part of a continuum.

Pyle Home PHPNC45 High-Fidelity Noise-Canceling Headphones with Carrying Case
Pyle Home PHPNC45 High-Fidelity Noise-Canceling Headphones with Carrying Case
Offered by GizmosForLife
Price: $29.98
133 used & new from $29.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Pyle NC 45 Headphones, August 14, 2012
The PC 45s are the perfect fit. I started to use the Noise Cancelling feature and love the sound quality and comfortable headphones.

For the price its worth every cent. These headphones look and feel like the premium brands that go for twice their cost.

I love the hard carrying case it reminds me of the Bose carrying case. The little drawstring bag for the wire and airline adapter is a nice touch.

Furthermore the quality of audio is great. I would recommend these headphones to my friends and family.

Zeikos ZE-CA38B Deluxe Soft Small Camera and Video Bag
Zeikos ZE-CA38B Deluxe Soft Small Camera and Video Bag
Offered by Loop Savings
Price: $8.95
8 used & new from $4.60

5.0 out of 5 stars A perfect bag for the GEX500 Camera, June 27, 2011
I wanted a good bag for my GE X500 camera and for $6 you can't beat this bag. It fits the camera, enough pockets for my SDHC Card/ batteries and USB Cable and its quite durable.

It says that its water resistant and shock resistant with a lifetime warranty. I can't see why I would need another bag.

This is such an easy bag to carry on the airplane as you are allowed to carry-on two items a laptop/briefcase/camera +backpack.

I did not want to spend $20 on a bag and this one suits my needs.

Bravo Amazon for the good quality and pricing of this stylish bag.

GE Power Pro X500-BK 16 MP with 15 x Optical Zoom Digital Camera, Black (OLD MODEL)
18 used & new from $61.99

5.0 out of 5 stars More than I expected, June 27, 2011
I am simply amazed at all the features of this camera. For $155 I got the camera, 8GB SDHC Memory Card(SanDisk is the recommended brand)and a small Zeikos Case which is waterproof/shock resistant. This is the perfect size for travel.

Background on why I selected this camera:

I am going to be living abroad for a few months on an internship and I wanted a compact camera with powerful Optical Zoom and Megapixles. I read reviews and countless buying guides. I originally bought the Vivtar T328 but as soon as I got it the touch screen stopped working so I returned it.

Just by chance I came upon this GE X500 model. It is built on a Fuji S series camera(it really looks and feels like a Fuji) for a fraction of the cost. Don't let the GE/General Imaging brand name fool you. The founders of General Imagining retired from Minolta(which is now Sony) and Fuji. This goes to show you that they mean business for this price point.

Professional Features:

I like to be able to take photos in automatic modes for when I don't have time to plan my photo shoot. But when I have a day to film the big airplanes landing at San Francisco International Airport then I like to be able to set the manual modes.

This camera allows me to set aperture and Shutter Priority as well as manual White Balance. I also like being able to set the ISO Settings.

Furthermore I love the 27mm wide angle zoom with 15x Optical Zoom. Having only 5x of Digital Zoom says a lot of how professional this camera is. The more optical zoom you can get the better. I tried taking photos and let me tell you they turn out to be so professional just like the expensive Canons.

I also like the different scene modes, portrait, panorama, Optical Image Stabilization and both an electronic viewfinder and an LCD screen with automatic brightness control. I like that you can see the menu functions in the Electronic View Finder.

The ArcSoft looks like a good software and I will test that out. I recommend that you try it out before going on to the more advanced Adobe Photoshop. Be creative.

In addition I like that I can record movies while I don't need an HD recorder as I have a camcorder its a nice way to record short films of the photos I took. This does not replace your separate camcorder. For avid videographers stick to a movie camera. A lot of the time people want high quality video from an all in one camera. As long as I can use the optical zoom for shooting video that is enough.

I also like that the camera comes with a decent strap/lens cap. I highly recommend that you buy an 8GB SDHC San Disk Class 4+ Memory Card, Zeikos small carrying case as well as 4 AA rechargeable batters with a charger.

I would much rather have AA Batteries over a rechargeable Lion battery as after that goes you have to spend $50+ for a new one.

Setup:

Setup was easy. I first turned on the camera and set the date and time. Having the World Time feature with a home and travel setting was another important feature that I want.

After setting up the date please don't forget to format the SD Card and do this everytime you download the photos to your computer or get a new SD Card as it will optimize the saving to the card.

If you need more space on the card lower the resolution to 10 Megapixles.

Overall I cannot believe the quality and the price of this camera. When I saw the Fuji S camera today and tested it out I was amazed at how the GE Camera is so similar for the fraction of the cost. The Fuji Camera was $270 vs $155 for everything.

Who is this camera good for:

This Bridge Camera is good for those who don't want the extra weight of the DSLR and its interchangeable lenses. With airlines charging a lot for extra baggage this camera can be the 2nd included carry on item as you are allowed one backpack and one personal item.

If you want the professional features of a DSLR with the ease of a Point and Shoot Camera this is your best choice.

For a novice who wants the manual functions this camera is good for you too. Don't spend the $100 now for a basic point and shoot buy this bridge camera and you will be happy for years to come. Its light and durable.

Happy Shooting(: