Profile for SoCal Gal > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 41

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

SoCal Gal RSS Feed (CA, United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive air movement for a small fan in a small room, November 24, 2009
We bought the Ashlyn fan for our daughter's room because the 42" diameter was a perfect size and the overall look was feminine. At first we researched hugger fans but the amount of air that is moved increases when the blades are not so close to the ceiling. The way to compare fans is by finding the airflow, and the manufacturer has these numbers. The Ashlyn moves air very well even on low speed, here are its ratings: Low: 2339 CFM, Medium: 4725 CFM, High: 4554 CFM. The glass bowl is frosted glass with some random swirls in white. The Ashlyn is quiet, it works great, and it is very pretty. We couldn't ask for anything more! (BTW, if you're researching this fan and are tempted to pay more than $100 for it...don't. There is a big discrepancy in price from one retailer to another. We found it online at the big orange box for $70 shipped. A deal!)

Howard Miller 625-381 Virgo Wall Clock
Howard Miller 625-381 Virgo Wall Clock
Price: $34.61
3 used & new from $33.60

4.0 out of 5 stars Dial color darker than photo shows, November 20, 2009
I own this clock, it was shipped directly from Howard Miller. The current production of 625-381 clocks have a dial that is not white but it has more of an antique white with a slightly yellowish-greenish cast. The oil-rubbed bronze front does not wrap around to the back so if you mount it on a surface that can be viewed in multiple directions, you will see the bronze ring that transitions at the side to the black plastic base. On the plus side, it is a very nice looking clock and it operates quietly, with a pleasant sound as the seconds hand moves. The mounting is very solid, using 3 screws maximum.

Allsop Cool Channel Platform for Laptops 29591
Allsop Cool Channel Platform for Laptops 29591
Price: $33.41
26 used & new from $25.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Very stable, January 14, 2009
We bought this for our son, who inherited our old MacBook 15" laptop. It's a really nice, and stable platform for him to use the laptop. The laptop alone gets too hot, this platform keeps the heat away from his legs and angles the keyboard nicely.

The Highly Sensitive Person
The Highly Sensitive Person
by Elaine N. Aron
Price: $8.48
274 used & new from $0.62

5.0 out of 5 stars Took a lot of years before I discovered this book!, November 8, 2008
I dare say I enrolled in Psychology in college to try and discover what made me so different. Now 17 years out of college, I have finally figured it out! Hallelujah! This author's theory explains EVERYTHING about my oddities. I feel less alone. Now I need the Cliffs Notes version so my spouse can get filled in without having to read the whole book.

What's it like to be Highly Sensitive? I can't schedule more than one or two meetings or appointments on any given day or I will feel overwhelmed. I need hours of alone time to recharge. I'm always worried people don't like me. I avoid crowds whenever possible. I run to close the window when I hear power mowers in the neighbors' yards - the sound drives me batty. The volume on the TV can't be too high or I will become tense and agitated. Smokers and people with heavy perfume annoy me. I'm the quintessential picky eater. I have to wash my feet before bed every night - I can't go to sleep if my feet are dirty. I have spectacularly vivid dreams and nightmares. I am a morning person. I worry about little things. I worry about big things. People tell me I am the calmest person they know. I don't appear to be neurotic, however, as people tell me I am friendly, outgoing and social. What a public face! Now I can understand that my nervous system is wired a little different than most.

This book is a real eye opener. I wish I had discovered it when it was originally published!

Toro 29206 Ratcheting Pruners (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Toro 29206 Ratcheting Pruners (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, good warranty, November 8, 2008
My pruners arrived with a missing nut but the customer service rep at Toro happily mailed me a new pair. They work very well for someone with little hand strength. They're great for cuts on branches of trees and shrubs, especially the ones that have died and I need to cut them back. They do not, however, replace bypass pruners for delicate stems like roses or hydrangeas. They can crush some stems, not always, but it is worth mentioning. Compared to other ratcheting pruners, these are light, comfortable and the holes in the handle make it possible to hang on a nail.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 16, 2008 6:12 AM PST

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars This is an exfoliant, August 1, 2008
The package is terrible at communicating what it is or how to use it. If you read Paula Begoun's cosmetics book, you will see she classifies the Rev-er Upper as a good EXFOLIANT with both AHA and BHA. It's not a moisturizer or a toner and the results are not immediate. You don't want to apply this to your eye area. It came in my BareMinerals starter kit and I've been using it on my blemish-prone T-zone but I think I'm ready to ditch it in favor of a BHA only product. The smell is awful going on but it fades when it dries. And it looks like it's a spray because it is in a pump style bottle but it's just the way the lotion dispenses. One press gives you the right amount for the whole face.

APC PF11VT3 11-outlet SurgeArrest with Tel2/Splitter and Coax Protection (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, does the job, November 20, 2007
We needed an 11 or 12 outlet surge strip that could accommodate several block-style power adapters. The reviews on Amazon are good for this product, and it's a much better value than the overpriced products I found at Office Depot. This power strip is large in size and looks like a big sea creature after you've plugged everything in. It's not for people with limited space behind their entertainment centers! In the photo, the right side of the device looks like it has an antenna but that's the power cord, which swivels. Somebody cut the rest of the power cord out of the photo for some reason. The 10-foot cord is way, way too long and the extra length is cumbersome when combined with the octopus it becomes when filled, but it gets the job done and that is what matters!

Lucas Transmission Fix with ATF Conditioner 24 oz.
Lucas Transmission Fix with ATF Conditioner 24 oz.
Offered by Auto Barn
Price: $11.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, July 5, 2007
Our automatic transmission was having some real issues. The repair shop added this product after a full transmission flush. Lucas Transmission Fix was recommended by several people and so far we're very pleased with how much better the vehicle shifts. If you have a transmission that isn't what it used to be, get it flushed and add this product. You'll be happy you did!

Mavala Stop - Helps Cure Nail Biting and Thumb Sucking, 0.3-Fluid Ounce
Mavala Stop - Helps Cure Nail Biting and Thumb Sucking, 0.3-Fluid Ounce
Offered by Professional Beauty Group
Price: $10.50
13 used & new from $10.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked for us!, August 8, 2006
We used this to get our daughter to stop sucking her thumb and it worked! She was about 3 1/2 years old when we used it and she hasn't resumed the habit in 2 years.

Murder on My Mind
Murder on My Mind
22 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Get this CD now, you can say you knew about Marty Casey way back when, September 9, 2005
This review is from: Murder on My Mind (Audio CD)
Lovehammers are an excellent rock band. Marty Casey is going places!. If you have seen him on TV, do yourself a favor and get this CD so you can hear him with the band he's been playing with since he was a teenager. Play it loud, play it often.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5