Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM
Profile for SomethingElse > Reviews

Browse

SomethingElse's Profile

Customer Reviews: 33

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

SomethingElse RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
25 #0 6x10 KRAFT BUBBLE MAILERS PADDED ENVELOPES 6 x 10
25 #0 6x10 KRAFT BUBBLE MAILERS PADDED ENVELOPES 6 x 10
Offered by FU GLOBAL
Price: $7.60
17 used & new from $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bubble mailers do the job, March 30, 2016
They are bubble mailers. They mail stuff. With bubble wrap attached. This is not a rocket science review, guys: they're perfectly satisfactory. I've mailed glass, fragile wire-wrapped jewelry, candy, perfume samples, lotion samples, tea, tiny dinosaurs, and all sorts of stuff in them. Paypal half-sheet mailing labels fit perfectly onto them.

They do the job! The only thing I would suggest is to put some packing tape over and across the top (where the flap goes) right in the middle. Yeah, it'll make it harder to open, but that's the only part of the envelope that is just paper. I'm always worried it'll get torn prematurely, so I feel a bit of reinforcement is indicated. YMMV

Wedding Party Favor Satin Drawstring Organza Bags Pouch (100Pcs,Random Color)
Wedding Party Favor Satin Drawstring Organza Bags Pouch (100Pcs,Random Color)
Offered by shoooose
Price: $3.65
31 used & new from $3.65

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Satisfied with these 5x7 organza bags: well made and lovely, March 30, 2016
I can't tell you how much I love these organza bags. Even the "ugly" colors are pretty! I was sent a reasonable assortment of maybe 10 of 10 colors. None of the strings have broken, and they're a nice size to fit a postcard and many other tchotchkes into . Very please with these and will definitely want to order more!

KONMAY 50pcs Black Satin Silk Necklace Cord 2.0mm/20'' with 2'' Extension Chain Lead&nickel Free
Offered by KONMAY
Price: $11.05
2 used & new from $11.05

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely necklaces, great price, not so great smell, March 30, 2016
These are lovely and I like them a lot. The down side is that they have a very strong musty sort of odor: like something that has been sitting in a foldded up Army GP Medium tent for several months. I've tried a few things to get rid of the odor: Febreeze, sunlight (be careful since they can bleach if you leave them in the sun too long), etc, and the odor seems to have reduced a little. Probably a matter of how they're stored.

Taking off one star for the smell. Sorry, guys, but it's very strong. :-)

Artistic Wire 18-Gauge Bare Copper Wire, 10-Yards
Artistic Wire 18-Gauge Bare Copper Wire, 10-Yards
Price: $7.03
6 used & new from $5.78

5.0 out of 5 stars Artistic Wire is one of my favorites next to actual Sterling Silver and Gold-filled, March 30, 2016
What can I say? I love Artistic Wire products! This is exactly what I wanted and it's lovely. The only downside to these is that if you're not extremely careful, you can damage the outside coating, and that does tend to decrease the shine. Other than that, it's wire, it's lovely, definitely fun to work with.

Eforcase 5mL(ml) bottle of eye drops essential oil dropper bottle small plastic bottles of liquid , 50 Pack
Offered by Up-Store
Price: $9.88
4 used & new from $9.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice little 5ml empty eye dropper bottles: I used them for samples of bath oils, March 30, 2016
Not sure what all the questions Amazon has given me about "is it easy to apply" and "how often does the product need to be applied," because these are EMPTY eye dropper bottles. I bought them to give out bath oil samples. They're a nice small size, and the squeezability makes it helpful to squeeze the bath oil out. I'm a bit concerned that they might leak in shipping, but I filled one with water and stored upside down for a few days: no leaks that I could tell. Make sure you put the dropper assembly in there very tight, and make the lid as tight as possible. It still might be advisable to put some thread tape on the threads that the top screws into before shipping, but as far as I know, I haven't had leakage problems from these.

Rockin Beads Brand, 50 Glue on Bails Pendant Hanger Dull Silver Nickle Tone Plated Require Cleaning 21x8mm
Offered by Rockin Beads
Price: $6.59
2 used & new from $6.59

4.0 out of 5 stars Great bails, pretty and easy to use, but plating/color rubs off easily, March 30, 2016
I'd give five stars for the price and look, but I feel I need to deduct one star for how easily the plating/color comes off. I wore one pendant during the day for a week, and by the end of that time, I was seeing a copper color through the silver where it had sort of run through. Honestly, I'd kind of prefer the copper color, but it seems silver and gold are all they have. Too bad. I'd buy these again for inexpensive pendants, but I am also treating them with a high-end, clear, gel-like nail polish to try to keep the finish as long as possible. Sometimes I actually carve little depressions into the backs of the pendants, e-6000 the bail in there, wait 24 hours, then cover the whole thing with epoxy resin. That seems to work out pretty decently as well. YMMV.

5/8 Dram Amber Glass Vial w/ Cap and Orifice Reducer, Pkg of 12
5/8 Dram Amber Glass Vial w/ Cap and Orifice Reducer, Pkg of 12

5.0 out of 5 stars No problems with these little bottles!, March 30, 2016
Lovely little bottles. Just what I wanted. Price wasn't bad for such a small quantity, and none arrived broken.

Black Organza Cord Necklaces Pack of 100 Neck Cords Silver Plated Clasp 18" f...
Offered by PEPPERLONELY®
Price: $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Decent and pretty ribbon necklaces for the price., March 30, 2016
This is the second time I've purchased these. They're perfect for my purposes (giving them away free with pendants I make). Occasionally, one will come apart, but honestly, for the price, what do you expect? I will definitely buy these again.

Bergamot (2 fl oz) Essential Oil 100% Pure -- Best 2 ounces (59ml)
Bergamot (2 fl oz) Essential Oil 100% Pure -- Best 2 ounces (59ml)
Offered by Prime Time Commerce
Price: $20.99
3 used & new from $14.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice essential oil: would buy again, March 30, 2016
Lovely bergamot essential oil at a decent price. What more could you ask?

Rockin Beads Brand, 200 Glue on Bails Pendant Hanger Gold Tone Plated 21x8mm
Rockin Beads Brand, 200 Glue on Bails Pendant Hanger Gold Tone Plated 21x8mm
Offered by Rockin Beads
Price: $11.95
2 used & new from $11.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Look lovely new, but start losing goldtone in about a week, February 28, 2016
So, okay. First let me say that I do like these. When I bought these goldtone bails (pack of 200), they worked out to about six cents each. Keeping in mind that "you get what you pay for," I think these are worth the price.

Pros: They're very pretty, look lovely on my pieces, have a good shine, and seem to hold on well even to glass with e-6000 adhesive. They're plain, but the shape is aesthetically pleasing without detracting from the piece itself. The hole is large enough to fit one of those ribbon & cord necklaces or satin/leather cord necklaces easily.

Cons: The goldtone starts to noticeably rub off after about a week of wearing a pendant with one of these bails against the skin. In my case (I always test findings by wearing them myself for a week or so before selling pieces with them), the bail caused a bit of skin irritation. To my knowledge, I'm not allergic to nickel or zinc or much of anything, so I'm not sure what that's about, but thought I should mention it. Also, the goldtone can be rubbed off slightly just with one of those jeweler's cloths.

So: treat these gently and perhaps don't use them on things that will be worn touching the skin. It might be good to use these on small or inexpensive pieces rather than more elaborate work. I'm experimenting with coating them in a durable, gel-type clear nail lacquer to see if that will help keep the color longer. You might try that as well.

I'm taking off one star for the gold coating problem since I think it really should be a bit more durable (heck, anodized aluminum keeps its color for months!), but since they're so cheap, it still strikes me as a good product for less expensive pieces.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 15, 2016 9:36 AM PDT