Profile for Yuniverse > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 44

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Yuniverse "Yuniverse" RSS Feed (Seattle, WA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Lenken - Apple MFI Certified - Lightning to USB Charge & Sync Cable | Supports iOS7 | Made for iPhone 5 (5/5S/5C), iPad 4, iPad Air, iPad mini, iPod Nano (7th Gen), iPod Touch (5 Gen) | 3.3ft - 1m Long | Original Apple MFi 8-Pin Connector | High-Quality & Heavy-Duty Durable Metallic Shell & Nylon Braided Charging Cord at Great Price | Lifetime Product Guarantee & 100% Customer Satisfaction

4.0 out of 5 stars Good cable for the money if your case has big enough pass-through., July 8, 2014
Don't be fooled by the American flag on the item - it is made in China. I knew for the price it couldn't have been made in the US.
Pros:
1. As they claim, it seems to be MFi certified. It doesn't give me any error on my iPhone 5S with iOS 7.1.2
2. Sleeved cable. I don't know if it's a pro, but it's different and looks good.
3. Price. I was able to buy it for less than three dollars after coupon which is listed above the description.
Cons:
This could be a big con for many people. The lightning plug is either too short or the plugs covering is too large to fit through my case(http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AG3TS8G) . I have to remove the bottom part of my case to fit it through. My wife's case, Kajav leather wallet case(http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0099S7N0Y) can handle the charger fine. So if your case has large enough hole, it should be fine. Compare the pictures of both of our cases to compare the pass-through.

UPDATE 7/9/14
I found that the aluminum cover around the lightning port can be pulled out - leaving black plastic intact. With the casing(cover) gone, it fits through my case pass-through fine. So, if you have a case with small hole for the charger, you may want to pull the silver casing out of the lightning side cord. I will post a picture.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 10, 2014 12:28 PM PDT

I AM the Best (?? ?? ? ??)
I AM the Best (?? ?? ? ??)
Price: $0.99

2.0 out of 5 stars I like the song, but this is just a cover, June 12, 2014
This K-pop song is originally sung by Korean girl-group 2NE1. The song is great and when sung by the original artist, I would have given 5 stars. However, this is a just a cover. Though the one who covers sings well, there's NO comparison to 2NE1 and loses that zany oomph. Look for 2NE1 sung song, instead.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 12, 2014 6:05 PM PDT

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Worked well to 'purify' air while it worked., May 4, 2014
As many of the reviewers have already complained, my unit also stopped producing ozone after three weeks. I'm just glad it was within the Amazon return window.

While it was working, it lived up to my expectation and more. It eliminated odors and produced more ozone than other ozone generators I've used in the past (Sharper Image unit that cost $200).

I think I'll look elsewhere for ozone generator after reading similar reviews about failed units.

CaseCrown Pathway Wallet Case Cover (Forest Red) for Apple iPhone 5 \ 5s
CaseCrown Pathway Wallet Case Cover (Forest Red) for Apple iPhone 5 \ 5s
Offered by Senyx

2.0 out of 5 stars Fairly good case except for one huge fault., February 17, 2014
This was one of our many wallet cases we've tried for our iPhones. While it is a good wallet for the price, one aspect of it makes it worthless, really. We really wanted to like the case, but I would not recommend this case to anyone, until they fix the issue.
We did find a couple of really nice wallet cases for the iPhone 5/5s. If you're interested, please leave a comment.

Pros:
1. Inexpensive. Usually sold for between $13-15, the price is great.
2. Leather material is well made and stitched.
3. I can fit about 3-4 ID/cards in it and have it closed easily.
4. Magnetic flap makes sure the contents are safe.
5. Senyx was very good about sending out a replacement case when I complained about the plastic breakage (see Cons).

Cons:
1. The plastic part where it holds the iPhone is very fragile. After couple of weeks parts of it began to crack even though there weren't any shocks applied to it. After couple of months, all the corners were broken off and the phone now glides up and down the holder(the side plastic is fine - it's just the corners that breaks off easily).
To the credit of Senyx, they were very nice about sending out a replacement unit, but what good does that do? It just delays the inevitable for another couple of months.
They really need to make the holder out of some type of rubbery plastic(TPU) to avoid such problems in the future.

KAVAJ leather case cover "Dallas" for the Apple iPhone 5S, iPhone 5 cognac brown - genuine leather with business card compartment
Offered by KAVAJ_USA
Price: $39.90
3 used & new from $29.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful thin case for iPhone 5/5S, February 12, 2014
As most of iPhone owners may have, I tried many different cases for our beloved iPhones. My wife wanted a wallet case without the bulk and cheesiness. We looked at Bookbook, and other high priced items, but the price did not justify. On the lower end, there are plenty - and most are just that: low quality. Most hold iPhone by plastic casing/holder which over short period of time breaks off easily. I kept looking for the one that would satisfy my wife's whim then I came across this KAVAJ case.
Pros:
1. Very good leather material.
2. Protection around the edges(mostly - except the corners).
3. VERY VERY SLIM. Not only is it thin, but it adds almost nothing to the width of the phone. Most wallet cases not only makes it thicker, but wider as well. This case doesn't.
4. I found I can fit 2 credit cards in the back slots.
5. Magnetic closure works well enough. It may not close well at first, but once you break it in, it will be fine.
6. Openings: All the openings were spot on - including the camera hole.

Cons:
1. The color - I wish it was darker brown. It's slightly lighter than the picture. While the design is stylish, the color detracts from it.
2. The corners are exposed. I haven't tried dropping my iPhone on purpose, so I don't know how vulnerable the phone would be.
3. You can only fit two cards in the slots. You may also need to be very careful inserting them for the first time not to tear the threads around it.

Despite these cons, I think this case is a winner and deserve my 5 stars (I would actually give it 4.5, but I felt it didn't warrant 4).
I would buy one myself, if they came out with a better looking color (perhaps burgundy) and use this for me and give the burgundy one to my wife.

*****UPDATE (2/14/14)*****
Another PRO about the wallet is that because there's no cards between the cover and the phone, the cover does not wiggle around when held closed in hand. It may not sound like much, but my wife loves that about it. Also because the cover has magnetic(light strength) strip instead of a flap, it just makes it that much more compact.

Nubian Heritage - Body Lotion Lemongrass & Tea Tree 13 Oz
Nubian Heritage - Body Lotion Lemongrass & Tea Tree 13 Oz
Offered by OxKom
Price: $11.26
26 used & new from $6.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Very effective on my mild athlete's foot problem., December 25, 2013
I have mild athletes foot that occurs time to time. So after learning that the tea tree oil is effective on it, I bought these lotion with Nubian Lemongrass & Tea Tree Soaps. I use the soap to wash my feet and put on the lotion. It seems to have gotten rid of any signs of athlete's foot after using it for about three weeks. I love it! I also like the fragrance of both of these products. I would highly recommend these not only for the athlete's foot, but for regular purposes.

Nubian Lemongrass and Tea Tree Soap (5 oz.) ( Six Pack)
Nubian Lemongrass and Tea Tree Soap (5 oz.) ( Six Pack)
Offered by VitaminsHub
Price: $18.00
11 used & new from $15.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Seems to be effective on my mild athlete's foot., December 25, 2013
I have mild athletes foot that occurs time to time. So after learning that the tea tree oil is effective on it, I bought these soaps with Nubian Lemongrass & Tea Tree Lotion. I use the soap to wash my feet and put on the lotion. It seems to have gotten rid of any signs of athlete's foot after using it for about three weeks. I love it! I also like the fragrance of both of these products. I would highly recommend these not only for the athlete's foot, but for regular purposes.

Battery Operated Ultrasonic Rat and Mouse Repeller - Electronic Repellent Scarer
Offered by The Outdoor Shop
Price: $30.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work with the rats we have, December 25, 2013
I don't know if it works with certain types of rats/mice, but it sure doesn't work with the ones that we have. Even though the product is properly blinking(signifying that it's working), the vermin still lives under the hood of my car leaving feces.

Intermatic TN311 15 Amp Heavy Duty Grounded Timer
Intermatic TN311 15 Amp Heavy Duty Grounded Timer
Price: $12.61
35 used & new from $6.50

1.0 out of 5 stars The product failed to work properly, December 25, 2013
It looks well made. However it kept making bothersome noises during the night and to top it off, the time did not progress properly. After setting the real-time, I set the timer to turn off at 6am. When I woke up at 8, it was still showing 4 am. To say the least, the timer did not turn off 'in time'. I returned the item right away.

Amazon is wonderful with their return policy. Even though I had bought this from the third party, I had no problem returning by chatting with Amazon customer service.

GAPS ONSU Hot Water Heating Mattress Pad - Queen Bed Size (Double)
GAPS ONSU Hot Water Heating Mattress Pad - Queen Bed Size (Double)
2 used & new from $300.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice and warm with a caveat., December 25, 2013
My wife suffers from insufficient circulation problems.
We needed a heated pad, but we are sensitive to electric field, or wave (what ever it's called).
So it seemed like a perfect item for us. No harmful electric waves but warmth at night.

The Good:
1. Warmth: It can be controlled from 30 degrees Celsius to 60 degrees. I usually leave it at 30 and it still is very warm enough through the night even during 20 degree temperatures outside.
2. Firmness: Our backs are very problem prone. This pad, however, feels just firm enough. I don't know if it's the firmness, warmth or both, but our back pain has dissipated after using this pad.
3. Easy to setup: Plug in four plastic hoses to the unit and just pour in enough water until it beeps.
4. Twin zone control: You can supposedly control temperatures for the two of you separately. However, there's a small problem described below.

The Bad:
1. This boasts of, 'No harmful electric wave', but I am suspicious of the claim. I'm not definite if it's the electric wave that causing it, but after using this pad we are experiencing puffy face and some mild headaches. It seems it's not much better than electric blankets or pads when it comes to electric wave. Took two stars off of the ratings because of this critical aspect.
2. Twin zone control: It seems when you set different temps to the two zones, it doesn't work quite like you would suppose. It seems the side with the tubing always gets warm even if you set the temp lower on that side. So I would suggest the person who needs it warmer sleep on the right side of the pad.

We're in between a rock and a hard place. If we use the pad, it causes some discomforts, not to mention who know what side-effects it may have on us internally. If we stop using it, we're back to back pains and other maladies.
I was hoping for a true no-side effect product, but unfortunately for us, it is definitely showing some side-effects for us. We're going to look for some ways to block out electric wave if such things exist.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 7, 2014 3:13 PM PST