Profile for Yuniverse > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 56

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Yuniverse "Yuniverse" RSS Feed (Seattle, WA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Noah [HD]
Noah [HD]

1.0 out of 5 stars This or that..., July 4, 2015
This review is from: Noah [HD] (Amazon Instant Video)
If they wanted to make it an action movie they should've just been original about it. They didn't need to borrow story from the Bible. As far as the biblical aspect is concerned, there's really nothing biblical about it. It's not an inspiring movie, and it's not a good action movie either. It's just terrible.

The Last Time
The Last Time
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, June 16, 2015
This review is from: The Last Time (MP3 Music)
Love the bluesy jazz background.

ZenFresh Filtration Shower Head for Dry Skin & Hair High Pressure Water Saving Ionic Handheld Showerhead
Offered by Zen Fresh Products
Price: $19.97
2 used & new from $16.96

4.0 out of 5 stars Good shower-head, but with a leak., May 16, 2015
First impression was that the entire casing made of plastic seemed a little cheap-looking. But for the price with the functions, I think it's definitely worth its cost.
Pro:
1. Conserves water - it definitely seems like it's using less water without sacrificing water pressure (much).
2. Soft spray - I'm not talking about hardness/softness of the water itself, but the spray feels soft on your skin, but not weak.
3. water quality - I'm not sure how to quantify the water quality, but I'm taking their word for it.

Con:
1. Looks a little cheap.
2. It does not come with any washers. I used the water from the previous shower head, but it seems the threaded part is slightly shorter than the previous shower head and was leaking even with the washer and white plumbing tape wrapped around the threaded part. I had to go buy a washer(double down on the rubber washer) to stop the leak. Surprisingly, it was difficult to find a rubber washer for shower-head at local hardware stores.

Best Facial Moisturizer - All Natural Aloe Vera Face Cream - with Anti-aging Antioxidants. Amazing Results On: Wrinkles, Eczema, Psoriasis, Dermatitis, Burns and Sunburns. Handles: Severely Dry Skin, Cracked Heels, Hands and Chapped Skin. For All Skin Types, Great for Sensitive Skin. Soaks Right In, Fresh Citrus Scent, No Harsh Chemicals! Leaves Your Skin Looking Younger, Soft and Hydrated.
Offered by Cutis Vita
Price: $18.92

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as safe?, May 9, 2015
UPDATE 2:
Because of the detailed explanations given by the manufacturer in the comment section of this review, I decided to raise the rating to 4 stars for now. I will adjust it later according to how it performs.

UPDATE:

I've been using it for a few days, despite it having some ingredients that I'm not comfortable with.
Here are some observations:
1. Cream is very thick.
2. It leaves matte finish after you apply it.
3. As far as moisturizing goes, it seems to work ok. I will leave further update to the review later on.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Original review:

I'm not writing about the effectiveness(?) of the product, but the ingredients listed within.
I just received two of these, which I ordered because it specifically said it contains no chemicals.
And I'm concerned about a few of the ingredients listed on the label.
Amazon description says it has no chemicals, but in fact, it has a few. CYCLOTETRASILOXANE(D4), CYCLOPENTASILOXANE(D5), PHENOXYETHANOL, etc.
You can read about the concerns of D4 and D5 at below link. Basically, it says D4 in particular can be a hormonal disruptor.
EWG rates D4 as 5(moderate hazard).

Now, I'm not a chemist, so I'm not an expert on these things. Can I trust this product to be used on my face everyday? I'm not so sure.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 3, 2015 12:24 PM PDT

The Magic Of Belle Isle [HD]
The Magic Of Belle Isle [HD]
Price: $12.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, May 6, 2015
Nice quiet movie. Enjoyed it very much.

An Unfinished Life
An Unfinished Life
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great story and performances., April 28, 2015
I hardly ever write movie reviews anywhere, but I thought I'd give my two-cents on this one.
As the stars I've given suggests, I loved the movie. However, it's not 5 stars, but around 4.5.
It's one of the best movies, personally, but not the best, hence 4.5.

First of all, I can't say enough about the actors and actresses in this movie.
Mr. Redford is superbly wonderful actor. His performance was so real that the movie captured my attention throughout.
Mr. Freeman was great as well. I would also have to give kudos to the little young lady.

If you like fast moving, action packed movies, this movie could be very slow for you. However, if you like to delve into layers of human emotions, this movie should warm yours.
The movie lingers on after the credits has rolled on.
I'm not very good at giving movie reviews as you can see, but this movie is a must see, IMHO.

The Authoritative Calvin and Hobbes: A Calvin and Hobbes Treasury
The Authoritative Calvin and Hobbes: A Calvin and Hobbes Treasury
Price: $10.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Content is always great, but the e-book implementation leaves a lot to be desired, December 30, 2014
I always loved Mr. Watterson's Calvin and Hobbes. This book is no exception.
However, the e-book is disappointing. It is only readable on portrait mode and is not zoomable.
It's like the first generation of e-book, circa 2010 or so.

Yakshi Naturals Cleopatra's Secrets, 0.32-Ounce
Yakshi Naturals Cleopatra's Secrets, 0.32-Ounce
Offered by Nutricity
Price: $8.73
39 used & new from $5.97

3.0 out of 5 stars Great fragrance except for one aspect of the smell..., November 13, 2014
It has some good fragrance in it. The ingredients are natural and is rated 0 (0 being the safest) on EWG's website. The reason for the 3 stars is that it has some incense-like smell in it, which reminds me of India and it's just not right for me. Some may like it, but I would avoid using it because of that smell - just a matter of personal preference.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 3, 2015 12:15 PM PDT

X-Doria Engage Folio PU Leather/Polycarbonate Case for Apple iPhone 6 Plus [5.5"] (Cream)
Offered by Lucky Baby520
Price: $19.49
11 used & new from $15.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A good, but not great, wallet case for your iPhone 6 Plus., September 26, 2014
This one is mid-tiered priced wallet cases for the new iPhone 6 Plus. The idea of having a leather flap combined with clear poly carbonate (plastic) back is unique, which is one of the reasons that I bought it. It arrived quickly and when I had put in my iPhone 6 Plus, There were couple of things that i noticed.

1. Leather isn't truly leather like. At this price range (~$30), I've seen better looking faux leather cases. In fact, there are some real leather cases at this price range, as well. At the same time, the flap looks well made and clean looking.

2. The clear plastic backing isn't that flattering when the iPhone is in it. It's not ugly, per se, but it looks almost mundane. Another con would be how hard it is to take the phone out of this shell - it's extremely difficult to do so.

I'm not returning the item just because I may use it later and returning may be a hassle, especially with a third-party merchant. However, it didn't meet my expectation when the price and initial web pictures were considered.

I'm giving it 3.75 stars.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 30, 2014 2:59 PM PDT

iOttie Easy View 2 Car Mount Holder for iPhone 6 (4.7)/Plus (5.5) /5s/5c, Samsung Galaxy S6/S6 Edge/S5/S4/Note 4/3, LG G4, Google Nexus 5 -Retail Packaging -White
Price: $14.95
9 used & new from $10.78

5.0 out of 5 stars Holds iPhone 6 Plus, but with a caveat., September 24, 2014
UPDATE 4/15/15:
It's still working like a champ. Never fell from its position yet (very strong suction), though I did move it to a different position once and it wasn't too difficult to pull out from its grip. The vice itself is still working great. Now that I have a very minimal case, I can even mount it with one hand, though I still use two hands to take it out. It's the best mount I've seen. I will raise it to 4.8 stars (making it virtually 5).

UPDATE 10/27/14:
I still love the mount. I would give 4.3 stars, if I could. Using iPhone 6+ is still a bit of hassle, but with my wife's iPhone 6, you can use the mount one-handed. just push down the lower vice with the phone and push the phone in. She loves the beautiful simple design and for her iPhone 6, she would give it 5 stars. As for the durability of the vice, we will have to see.

-------Original Review------------------------------------------------------------
I've used other iOttie mounts for my previous iPhones. This review is for use with larger phones such as the new iPhone 6+ or other phablets.
Pros:
1. Strong suction mount: As always, iOttie suction mount is probably the best. I've had it several years and it only fell 3 times. After rinsing it with water, it's as good as new.
2. Looks: I like its simple look, especially in white color.
3. Changing orientation: Although you need to loosen/tighten the knob to change the orientation, there's a sweet spot where you can rotate without it being too loose/tight.

Cons:
1. This con is for the phablets. My iPhone 6 Plus is slightly wider than 3 inches. With a bumper case from Spigen, it closes in on 3.4 inches in width. Yes, this holds the 6 Plus just fine. However, it's a bit difficult to mount/dismount it because you have to manually widen the vice probably with two hands. For a small phone, you can just put your phone on one end and push it in, making it a one-handed operation. But, with the bigger phone, widening on one side will not get your phone in the vice, therefore requiring you to use two hands to mount it. Dismounting is a similar hassle.
2. This mount only has one joint where it can be adjusted, so if your car needs more complex adjustment of sorts, this may not be the right mount for you.

I really do like the mount, but the hassle of mounting the phone and dismounting it took away one star. This would be better for smaller phones.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 15, 2015 6:04 AM PDT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6