Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Brett Dennen Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation SnS
Profile for T. Denyer > Reviews

Browse

T. Denyer's Profile

Customer Reviews: 575

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

T. Denyer "UX Designer" RSS Feed (San Francisco, CA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Black Sabbath US Tour 78 T-Shirt Adult Iron Man Avengers XL
Black Sabbath US Tour 78 T-Shirt Adult Iron Man Avengers XL
Offered by Licensed-Mart
Price: $19.95
3 used & new from $18.46

2.0 out of 5 stars Tight up top, fine around the bottom., May 25, 2016
I have to agree with others: this shirt fits weird, not like any other shirt I own. This review is for an XL shirt on a 6'5" 190-pound male that typically wears XL shirts comfortably.

The neck is slightly smaller than other XLs, but not terrible to wear. Sits in the right place (not too forward, not to far to the back.)

The arms are tiny. This is the first XL shirt wear I had to stretch out the arms because the material was so tight. And no, I don't have big arms at all.

The armpits are so high up that the seams just rubs against you. I have never had an XL shirt with arm areas so small and tight. I would think to get a size bigger because of it, but the bottom of the shirt fits fine. Almost like it flares outward.

So, in short: the top of it is small and tight and annoying under my arms, and the bottom fits perfect.

The material is soft and great, and the print is well done. On that note, the orint is not quite as big as the picture shows. I'll try and take a picture of mine soon.

tiddö® Edge Guards + tiddö® Corner Cushions [21ft + 8 Pre-Taped Corners] Premium Baby Proofing - Unique Impact Absorbent Technology - Soft Extra Dense Rubber Foam - Eco Friendly - Free Door Guards
Offered by Prime Ecommerce
Price: $19.97
2 used & new from $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Thick with great adhesive tape preinstalled., May 25, 2016
Deeply impressed by the tape used on these corner guards! I assumed I would have to be replacing them or trying to find replacement tape when my 2 your old tore them off the corners. BUT! They stick amazingly well, and he has given up on trying to get them off. Keep in mind that I stuck it to a smooth, metal filing cabinet. The tape will likely NOT stick very well to textured drywall, rough wood or brick, or any surface with a rough texture.

They are really thick and the right amount of give to it to be soft yet protective. Keep in mind that they are noticeable and stick out like a sore thumb, but they do work very well in protecting your kids/shins from corners. I placed these on some particularly sharp metal corners of a filing cabinet and they work very well. The sharp corner is buried in soft material.

The brown color is pleasant. I can't say I own anything this color, but it works well with most furniture (so long as you aren't super picky about color matching.)

I received this edge guard set at a discount to evaluate and provide an unbiased and honest review. This review was written by me and of my own opinion after installing this guard. The guards being offered at a discount did NOT sway my opinions in any way.

TD DIY Stick-On Anywhere Stepless Touch Controll Dimmable Portable USB 6W 21 LED Strip Light Bar Easy Install With 3M Glue, No Flickering(White) ¡­

4.0 out of 5 stars works great, nice brightness level. Blue status light when off., May 25, 2016
This light is great for small spaces like bookshelves, desks, RVs, tents, closets and more. The fact that it plugs into a USB port is a great option for use with your laptop, in the car, or other places USB outlets are readily available.

I didn't realize that when it is off it has a blue light behind the touch area. It's not terribly bright, but if this is intended to go above or by your bed, then it could be annoying, no way to turn it off, and you can't cover it because it would cover the touch area.

The touch switch is an electronic switch, meaning, if you have the light on and unplug it or lose power, it will not be on when you plug it in again (or regain power).

I received this light at a discount to evaluate and provide an unbiased and honest review. This review was written by me and of my own opinion after using this light. The light being offered at a discount did NOT sway my opinions in any way.

Formeu Unisex Stripes Low Cut No Show Ankle Casual Athletic Socks For Spring and Summer 5-Pack
Offered by Formeu
Price: $22.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Fit great, feel soft; elastic band is a bit snug., May 18, 2016
The quality of the socks, and the presentation of the packaging make these gift quality. (I'm not saying socks make a great gift, but if you had to these are worth it.)

The fit is good from heel to toe and side to side. The elastic around the ankle is a bit tight/aggressive. For average sized ankles you definitely feel the band.

After being washed and dried they shrink up about 10% in length, 5% in width. The material is soft and stretches nicely to hug your foot.

I received this set of socks at a discount to evaluate and provide an unbiased and honest review. This review was written by me and of my own opinion after wearing this set of socks. The socks being offered at a discount did NOT sway my opinions in any way.

Acupress Jade Roller Massager Face and Neck Skin Slimming Massager Beauty Tools (Type A)
Offered by Acupress
Price: $11.99
2 used & new from $11.99

4.0 out of 5 stars I use it to roll out the muscles on my arms (not an intended use.), May 11, 2016
My forearm muscles and tendons tend to get a bit locked up from typing all day. I have recently trying using the bottom corner of a thick highball glass to rub out the muscles, and that worked pretty well. Then I saw this and figured it would be better (and safer) than the glass. And it is!

Let me be clear in that I am not using the jade roller in its intended use on face and neck. I am using it to roll out my arm muscles and tendons. It does feel good on your face and neck, but my main use is not that.

My only gripe is the metal wire loop and where it attaches to the handle. It holds up under the pressure I put it through, even though I press kind of hard. And it will definitely hold up for use on your face/neck, since you are supposed to use light pressure there. It's just that the point where it connects is not a very strong connection. It should hold up for my use, but not expecting it to for as long as if I used it properly. Maybe a year of daily use?

The stones seem good and solid, no chips or gouges. Though I have no way to know/test the quality or if it is real jade. Mine seems very pale green (almost white) compared to the picture.

I received this roller at a discount to evaluate and provide an unbiased and honest review. This review was written by me and of my own opinion after using this roller. The roller being offered at a discount did NOT sway my opinions in any way.

Tenrai 2016 New Design Delicates Laundry Bags, Bra Fine Mesh Wash Bag, Zippered, Protect Best Clothes in the Washer (2 Black & 2 White, Set of 4)
Offered by TENRAI
Price: $30.99
6 used & new from $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality, love the two sizes and color separation., May 11, 2016
Great bags for laundry, or holding other items that require ventilation, such as small pool toys or wet items.

I like that they have two sizes. The two colors help in that you can sort the items by light/darks ahead of time into the appropriate bag, throw them in the hamper and not have to sort them again later.

The zipper works well and has a small tab that it tucks under so as to not rub/catch on other clothing during wash/dry.

I received these bags at a discount to evaluate and provide an unbiased and honest review. This review was written by me and of my own opinion after washing with these bags. The bags being offered at a discount did NOT sway my opinions in any way.

V4INK ® New Compatible DR420 DR-420 Drum Unit compatible with Brother HL2220 HL2230 HL2240 HL2240D HL2270DW DCP7060D DCP7065DN MFC7360N MFC7460DN and MFC7860DW
Offered by V4INK
Price: $15.41
6 used & new from $13.10

2.0 out of 5 stars Leaves a dusting of toner all over the page, not a good quality drum, May 11, 2016
I first printed a test page using my OEM Brother drum. Then I followed the instructions and installed this on my Brother HL2270DW printer. I printed two more test pages. Problem is that there is a light gray dusting of toner streaks all over the page. It doesn't come off on your hands, but it is present on the page. See picture: page printed by OEM Brother drum on left, page in middle and right are by this V4INK drum (notice the gray dusting of toner.)

The quality is unacceptable to me. If you don't care about this or quality, then it's a good buy, BUT, I cannot recommend it. Sounds like another reviewer had the exact same issue.

The unit did, however, fit perfectly and ran without problems or additional noise.

If your current drum is broken, this is an improvement. If you are replacing the OEM Brother drum, this is NOT am improvement.

I received this drum at a discount to evaluate and provide an unbiased and honest review. This review was written by me and of my own opinion after using this drum. The drum being offered at a discount did NOT sway my opinions in any way.

Clip-on Fan Desk Portable Table USB Fan(3-in-1 Modes, Steppless Speed,Quietness)(White)
Offered by DAOTS
Price: $17.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Very quiet, but clamp is just okay., May 5, 2016
This is a good fan for your desk. It was a little bigger than I expected— it takes up a bit more space than I allotted—but have come to be okay with that.

I did notice that if the fan is pointed downward even slightly it makes a scraping noise when on. When flat/level, or pointing upward, it is very silent. May be just mine, not sure.

The amount of air it moves works for me (I mostly use it near the lowest setting). It is not going to blow the papers off your desk, but it will create a decent breeze for a USB fan.

The clamp is just okay. It's not very wide, and the rubber isn't very grip-y. Mine is just set there on the desk, not clamped to anything.

I received this fan at a discount to evaluate and provide an unbiased and honest review. This review was written by me and of my own opinion after using this fan. The fan being offered at a discount did NOT sway my opinions in any way.

The 11th Hour
The 11th Hour
DVD ~ Peter Stormare
Price: $19.99
26 used & new from $9.98

3.0 out of 5 stars quality production and beautiful movie, but the story and characters was not well thought out, May 4, 2016
This review is from: The 11th Hour (DVD)
Conflicted. The production is top notch. The editing was really well done. And the style is definitely something I love (yet understand many people find "boring".) It's the story that was....well, obviously written by a guy. Just so little understanding of women, and riddled with cliches and wooden characters.

The style of the film is meant to be symbolic and feel 'deep'. Long shots of windows, road passing by the car. Wide shots, extreme close ups. Periods of no dialog. That kind of movie. The kind of movie that most people in America were NOT brought up on. The kind of movie that you would expect to come from Sweden. In fact, some scenes felt a lot like The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and a little bit like a Harmony Korine movie. Again, this is a style I like; not many others do.

The movie is 'unrated' since it did not go through the ratings guild. But, it's clearly an "R-rated" movie for blood, sexual situations, nudity, language, violence, drug use, sexual violence.

So, kind of conflicted because it was a quality production and beautiful movie, but the story and characters was not well thought out.

I received this movie at a discount to evaluate and provide an unbiased and honest review. This review was written by me and of my own opinion after watching this movie. The movie being offered at a discount did NOT sway my opinions in any way.

3 Still Standing
3 Still Standing
DVD ~ Robin William
Price: $17.99
16 used & new from $13.93

4.0 out of 5 stars Definitely recommend it to anyone interested in SF comedy scene., May 4, 2016
This review is from: 3 Still Standing (DVD)
Living in San Francisco, I know a little bit of the history of stand up comedy here. I watched this to get a deeper understanding of the history. And I was not disappointed on just how deep they went into the scene. Except the downfall.

The film does a fantastic job of not focusing just on the 3 comics, but also goes in deep on the beginnings and history and downfall of comedy in SF. Ok, a little less on the reason for the downfall, but I'll get in to that.

It's classic documentary style when it comes to the lives of the comics, past and present. They interview lots of other well-known comics to give you a somewhat rounded out view of their lives, again, past and present.

The details say 90 mins, but for some reason it felt like a 2 hour documentary. I'm not able to check it again at this moment, but it 'felt' long to me. Not that it dragged, it just felt rich and deep and like it punched through a LOT of layers. Anyway, felt like a 2 hour long documentary—in a good way.

My only gripe with it is that they glossed over the downfall of stand up comedy, especially in SF. (Redacting what little spoilers there are) They mention _____ as the culprit, but don't really go into detail about it.They mention it in one or two lines, tops. I personally think it was not just ______, but more about a lack of diversity in the scene. Audiences were getting more diverse and comedy as a whole was getting more diverse, and I think people wanted to here from more than just white men. Among other things.

Great production value, edited well, and really felt well put together. Definitely recommend it to anyone interested in SF comedy scene.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20