Facility Spring Cleaning Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS
Profile for Tonemonster > Reviews

Browse

Tonemonster's Profile

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Tonemonster "Peace, Ese" RSS Feed (San Antonio, TX)

USB Charger Allytech 12W 2.4A Dual USB Wall Charger Travel Charger with Foldable Plug for iPhone, iPad Air, Samsung Galaxy S6, Nexus, HTC M9, Motorola, Nokia and More Black
Offered by AllytechDirect
Price: $5.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Buyer beware. Don't risk damaging your electronics!, November 26, 2015
I switched to this adapter because I wanted something slightly smaller. It was a mistake.

This item is junk. Works fine for awhile, but eventually it overheats, melts, and stops charging. The first time it happened Ithought it was a fluke. Returned it, got a replacement. Second time (with the replacement plug), I knew it was NOT a problem with hotel room outlets. Too late to return the very first one I bought so I'm just going to toss it in the trash and chalk it up to a lesson learned.

Buy this instead (http://goo.gl/w1nc9h) - Bought tons of those and never had one problem.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Joyo Jf-10 Dynamic Compressor Guitar AMP Effect Pedal True Bypass
Joyo Jf-10 Dynamic Compressor Guitar AMP Effect Pedal True Bypass
Offered by GearTree
Price: $37.99
30 used & new from $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Beats the pants off Boss' super-noisy CS-3, April 22, 2015
The controls are very responsive and it's very easy easy to tweak a nice balanced tone from this pedal. Plus it's QUIET (for a compressor) which is more than I can say for my old Boss pedal. At 1/3 the price too. Best compression/sustainer pedal you will find without spending $200-$300 for a Carl Martin or the like. Buy it.

Heavy Metal T-Shirt Rock On Metal
Heavy Metal T-Shirt Rock On Metal
Offered by Trenz Shirt Company
Price: $12.99 - $18.99

1.0 out of 5 stars No black??, January 21, 2014
Seriously: How do you have such a great design, representing METAL, and NOT have it available in black??? The minute it's available in black, I'll buy it immediately. Suggestions: Red design on Black shirt. I'd even take the white design over black shirt. Come on guys. It's not rocket science :)

Update: They did make a black one available and I did buy it. Warning: These shirts DO shrink a bit. You might get a size-up from your usual.

The Amazing Spider-Man (Three-Disc Combo: Blu-ray / DVD + UltraViolet Digital Copy)
DVD ~ Andrew Garfield
Offered by Media Favorites
Price: $9.31
171 used & new from $2.24

3.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic movie; but Ultra-Violet needs to DIE, November 12, 2012
This is simply a fantastic movie all the way around. Andrew Garfield is hands-down way more plausible than Tobey What's-his-Face as Peter Parker. Emma Stone is a great actress and a GORGEOUS (consistent with the comics, and a far cry above Kirsten Dunst in both respects.) Denis Leary, Sally Field and Martin Sheen all do their roles justice. The story has HEART and stays true to the legend of Spider-Man. This reboot was just the right move after the travesty that was Spider-Man 3.

However this is not a review of the actual movie. My problem is with Sony and this Ultra-Violet non-sense. Seriously? This is the first movie I have purchased with Ultra-Violet (rather than a real digital copy) and I am not pleased at all. I did not want to create a new account to download my movie, but I did it. I did not want to create YET ANOTHER account with Flixter (to link with the UVU account) but I did it because I want to be able to enjoy the movie on iTunes. Well here is a warning for you: If you use the license code on the UVU website, it will disallow you from using it on Flixter to transfer to iTunes because you have already used the code on UVU (or whatever the name of the site is. Seriously, who cares? It's an iTunes/Android world, Sony. Come to peace with it already.)

I wanted the Blu-Ray and should be able to have a true USEFUL digital copy for the price I paid. Needless to say, I am not happy with the packaging and feel swindled. I am not inclined to jump through all the hoops to get the iTunes situation corrected, and from what I have seen online about Ultra-Violet it looks like that's a whole new fresh hell for most people. Maybe later after I've climbed down from the ceiling I will go through those motions. For now: I can't recommend this package unless you are just needing the hard copy Blu-Ray or DVD. If you need a digital copy and have an Apple TV to view it on your TV (or just need it for iPhone or iPad), then I suggest sticking with an iTunes purchase. The price in FRUSTRATION is just not worth it.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 24, 2012 1:15 AM PST

Acer Aspire AS5750Z-4835 15.6-Inch Laptop (2.0 GHz Intel Pentium B940 Processor, 4GB DDR3, 500GB HDD, Windows 7 Home Premium) Black
3 used & new from $269.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Best deal for the money, June 14, 2012
I bought this for my wife, who is slow to embrace technology although she is more than capable. I'm the techie in the family, and I wish I had bought this for myself! More than enough hard drive space, super fast with 4g of RAM and elegant looks and feel. The keyboard is very comfortable to the touch and I just love the dedicated numeric pad (I don't get why all laptops can't have this.) I installed some necessary software and they all function flawlessly. For $379, this is really hard to beat. I'm not crazy about touch-pads in general (they seem awkwardly placed to me), but this one seems to work fine. I did us a favor and bought the a Microsoft Explorer Mini Mouse to bypass the weirdness. This is my second Acer purchase and I have no regrets. VERY happy with my purchase. The only complaint I have is that now I need to buy one for myself...

One Time One Night: Live Recordings 1
One Time One Night: Live Recordings 1
Price: $13.99
22 used & new from $10.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great live treat from the greatest band in the world - LOS LOBOS!, February 6, 2008
These guys get better and better all the time. The latest in a string of self-released treats for the fans, hot on the heals of "Chuy's Tape Box" and "Acoustic En Vivo".

This is a very diverse selection of live tunes that feature the tasty licks of a top-notch group of musicians. If you've never seen them live, this is a VERY nice representation of the Los Lobos live experience. Buy it now!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 3, 2008 7:10 AM PDT