Profile for J. Patterson > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. Patterson RSS Feed (Northern VA)

Think King Mighty Buggy Hook for Stroller, Wheelchair, Rollator, Walker, 2 Pack
Think King Mighty Buggy Hook for Stroller, Wheelchair, Rollator, Walker, 2 Pack
Price: $14.99
13 used & new from $13.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Using Is Believing, May 21, 2012
I thought other reviewers must have been exaggerating when they said these hooks don't move. I thought that they'd probably at least shift slightly and need to be readjusted periodically, but they were right! These babies don't BUDGE! When I go outlet shopping they hold my very heavy purse as well as all of my shopping bags, freeing up the under basket of my stroller to hold my baby stuff. I've also used the hooks when grocery shopping. I have no idea how much weight they can take because even with my baby in the stroller to weigh it down, the stroller will tip backwards from the weight of my bags before the hooks will move or give way in any manner. It was some of the best money I spent in preparing for our baby who's now 14 months old.

I give these hooks 5 stars with no reservations!

Contours Options 3 Wheel Stroller, Berkley (Older Version) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

4.0 out of 5 stars Can Be Used w/ a Newborn Even w/o the Car Seat Attachment!, May 21, 2012
I have had my stroller since my baby was born over a year ago and do not regret my purchase in the least. I only have a few small complaints (which I wrote about below.) There were some things I knew I had to have in a stroller, including one or two hard-to-come-by features, and this had them all at an excellent price. My friends are shocked when I tell them I got this stroller for a little over $100. Truly, I would have been happy with it even if I'd paid $200.

WHY I LOVE IT:
- It turns on a dime, very smoothly. Doesn't have one of those finicky front wheels that gets stuck in one position. I would NEVER buy a stroller that wasn't extremely easy to maneuver.
- It has a very good sized basket underneath that's easy to access. I've done my grocery shopping with it.
- The seat reclines COMPLETELY so that you can lay a brand new baby in it without using the universal car seat attachment they provide. (I'm not a travel system mom.) Also, there are no pre-determined incline settings, so you can adjust it exactly how you want.
- Can be used comfortably for jogging on paved trails. Someone said the tires are made of plastic, but they seem much more like a hard rubber filled with rubber to me, since mine aren't scratched up like plastic would be and are much more quiet on the trail than plastic would be. Even though you don't get the shock absorption of air-filled rubber tires, you also don't get flat tires (which my friends hate.) I've used mine jogging many times.
- Great stroller for tall people! My husband is 6'2'' and can push this comfortably, and his feet don't kick the stroller either.
- It just takes pressing two buttons on either side of the seat to release the seat so that you can change the way the seat faces.
- It has a very sturdy frame and is built very well over all. I cannot foresee anything breaking down anytime soon.

WHAT I WISH WERE DIFFERENT:
- The one big design flaw I've found is that the back tires are a bit wider than the handlebar. So, instead of being able to judge the width of the stroller by the handlebars, you have to look down at the wheels to see if you can fit through smaller places (like cramped clothing stores.) I forget all the time that the wheels are wider than the handlebars, so I often bump the stroller up against things .
- There's a cup holder for the child, but no food tray. This is especially disappointing when going places like the zoo where you want your child to be able to eat their lunch in their own seat.
- The two adult cup holders and tray are really wonderful (a must for me), but the cup holders are not big enough to fit a regular-sized Nalgene bottle.

For the money, it's probably worth SIX stars, but with the tire issue, I felt like I couldn't give it full marks.

The Comfort Table
The Comfort Table
by Katie Lee
Price: $19.19
114 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Favorite Part- Hosting Tips, November 27, 2011
This review is from: The Comfort Table (Hardcover)
Yes, the recipes aren't particularly revolutionary, but the ones I've tried were good. I think the title suggests something laid back that you can enjoy with guests, which is exactly what you get. When you're cooking for others, you want something more simple so that you can enjoy your company. None of the recipes have become regulars for me, (though I'll make some of them again,) but I will say I was influenced by her section on hosting tips. I'm a food blogger, entertain at my home frequently, and I use a few of her tips on a regular basis. For me it was worth getting for that reason. (Though I didn't buy it for myself. It was a wedding gift.) I'd give her hosting tips a five and the recipes a three. (If you want to check out my yummy blog, you can find the web address under my profile!) Happy gawking! :)