Profile for Icculus > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 45

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Icculus RSS Feed (south florida)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Snark SN1 Guitar Tuner
Snark SN1 Guitar Tuner
Price: $10.54

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Tuner Ive Ever Used, November 20, 2014
Its very accurate and easy to use. You can tune your guitar without having to plug in or worry about background noise like the drummer warming up. It senses the note played through the neck and headstock. Brilliant.

WD My Passport Ultra Portable External USB 3.0 Hard Drive, 1TB, Black
WD My Passport Ultra Portable External USB 3.0 Hard Drive, 1TB, Black
Price: $56.99
112 used & new from $50.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Died After 9 Months of Light Use and Replacement was Defective, August 14, 2014
Worked great for 9 months then the drive would fail to be properly recognized by Windows Explorer and Disk Mgmt. Tried many fixes and work arounds i learned from searching online and none worked.

However, it was under warranty and WD promptly replaced the drive. Great customer service. But the replacement drive was also defective upon arrival. Gonna try for replacement #3.

Its shameful WD would sell these drives knowing the very high failure rates.

URBAN ARMOR GEAR Case for iPhone 4/4S, Black
URBAN ARMOR GEAR Case for iPhone 4/4S, Black

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't Fit Right, June 26, 2014
I bought this case because i perceived it to be a good value: fair look, but good protection without being too bulky at a decent price point. However, the case does not fit right. As others have mentioned, the rubber lip on the front by the volume buttons is bowed and does not fit snug against the phone. Probably affects the protection if dropped, but definitely results in an ugly-looking case. Looking for a new case.

Contigo SnapSeal Vacuum-Insulated Stainless Steel Travel Mug, 16-Ounce, Gunmetal
Price: $19.49
2 used & new from $15.48

1.0 out of 5 stars Flawed Design Results in Burnt Lips, May 18, 2014
The mug is leakproof; can turn it upside down without spilling out. However, drinking from this mug results in burnt lips due to the design and positioning of the drink spout. I'd rather have paid the few extra $$$ to get a spillproof mug I can actually drink coffee from.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 1, 2014 11:40 AM PDT

TEKTON 3169 32-oz. Rubber Mallet
TEKTON 3169 32-oz. Rubber Mallet
Price: $8.77
10 used & new from $2.50

3.0 out of 5 stars Toxic Smell, But Big and Sturdy, August 15, 2013
I use this for home applications and I need to store it in my garage. But man, I can't get over the toxic stench the rubber on the mallet gives off. It smacks me in the face everytime I entered my garage so now it sits outside behind my trees. I would not buy this again b/c the stench is overwhelming. But its a big, sturdy mallet.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Crosman C31 is Now Under Recall, June 11, 2013
The recall is listed at the bottom of the Crosman website. It says the gun can explode in your face if there is an open cartridge and a certain temperature is reached. Yikes.

I just bought this gun a few weeks ago, so I'm very disappointed in this recall. The gun was otherwise great. It shot fairly straight at under 30 ft. The colored sights made aiming easy. And the holster is awesome. It was not too loud, but neighbors in a suburban neighborhood could hear what was going on. I plan on returning and waiting for the updated models because I really want this gun.

Electro Harmonix Small Stone Nano Analog Phase Shifter Guitar Effects Pedal
Electro Harmonix Small Stone Nano Analog Phase Shifter Guitar Effects Pedal
Price: $71.10
36 used & new from $65.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Swoosh, April 17, 2013
I love this pedal. I have it in my chain right after my VOX wah and tube screamer and before other various pedals. The Small Stone provides an even, swooshing sound that is very lush and very different from chorus, flanger and delay pedals. Its a very useful pedal and not just for messing around. Many well known rock songs use this tone. Only drawback is the button in lieu of a stomp lever since i play without shoes sometimes, but not an issue if you wear shoes, ha. Enjoy.

Planet Waves Pro Winder String Winder and Cutter
Planet Waves Pro Winder String Winder and Cutter
Price: $6.99
67 used & new from $4.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Useful, April 17, 2013
Saves so much time and is very handy. I changed the strings on 2 acoustics and 2 electrics using this since i bought it. It saved a lot of time and effort winding the strings. There is a peg remover piece at the end of the handle. It cuts strings - so no need to have another cutting tool (but you may want another tool to smooth the cut string ends). And it winds your strings at much faster pace and with much less strain on your hand compared to no tool at all. The handles are made of steel with a plastic cover, but the winder is plastic. Its a sturdy small tool that I now feel is required for any string change I do.

Avenir Round Spoke Wrench
Avenir Round Spoke Wrench
Price: $4.65
15 used & new from $2.67

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid Metal, January 25, 2013
This review is from: Avenir Round Spoke Wrench (Sports)
Its a bit awkward to use at first, but once you get the hang of it, it works great. I have a Trek hybrid bike and this spoke wrench had a bit that fit my spokes. Solid construction. Its bigger than it looks in the picture, as it is approximately 1.5 inches in diameter.

Acase iPad Mini 2 Screen Protector CLEAR Invisible Film for Apple iPad Mini 2 with Retina Display / Apple iPad Mini - (2 Packs)
Offered by Digital Media Source
Price: $5.00
5 used & new from $1.05

5.0 out of 5 stars Almost Perfect Fit and Easy to Install, January 25, 2013
These screen protectors fit almost perfectly and they were extremely easy to install with no bubbles etc. I've installed screen protectors on my iPhone that took many tries with much pain and wasted time. So I was expecting another nightmare that didn't happen. Took a few minutes to install with ease and everything lines up great.

The trick is to take a damp towel (that produces no lint) with a dab of soap. Using the damp towel, thoroughly clean the screen to make sure its free of any tiny particles. Then dry your screen with a lint free dry towel. Next, apply the damp towel to make sure their is some moisture on the screen (not too much). Then apply the screen protector. These steps should eliminate particles under the screen protector. Lastly, if there are any air bubbles, you simply smooth them out with your fingers or plastic card.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5