Profile for skywatcher > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 416

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

skywatcher RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
QuikVolt Dual Port USB Car Charger for Apple and Android Devices
QuikVolt Dual Port USB Car Charger for Apple and Android Devices
Price: $9.99
2 used & new from $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great dual charger while on the go!, May 21, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a great little small form factor device if you have multiple people needing to charge devices at the same time. We used this this week to charge 2 iphones while running errands, and it was very handy vs 2 other charges we had, which only had 1 USBJ jack. The quality is decent and the bit of color is a nice touch. The one thing I would suggest is perhaps making the part that plugs in to the car a bit longer, as some cars may have raised edges, making the side access of the USB ports a bit tricky. Other than that, I'd recommend this handy gadget!

Hamilton Beach Single-Serve Coffee Maker, Programmable FlexBrew with Hot Water Dispenser (49988)
Offered by Reliable & Speedy
Price: $142.98
10 used & new from $84.96

4.0 out of 5 stars Versatile for tea and coffee-ideal for couple or small family, May 9, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This machine is for a couple, single person or small family, not for entertaining. This machine lets you brew you brew the equivalent of 14 oz of coffee at one time. It takes 3 minutes from the time you press start to brew that cup of coffee, and 2 min from start to heat water. It has a filter for ground coffee or a k-cup. So you do not need to use a k-cup (you can help save environment), but instead you can use ground coffee. It also has a separate side to make hot water for tea, hot chocolate. The instruction manual says it heats to 167 degrees (optimal heat for teas). I felt like that area held more water, so I could get 2 cups of tea from one heating. The water stayed hot for 30 min. Within 5 minutes I was able to make 1 cup of coffee, 1 cup of tea and 1 cup of hot chocolate. This seems to be for a family that does not need to make numerous cups of coffee in quick succession, because you need to clean the coffee grounds are and refill the reservoir for each brewing. We do not drink a lot of coffee at home, but we do drink quite a bit of tea, so it was nice not to have to microwave water or boil it on the stove. Price-wise you eliminate the need for a smaller 4-cup coffee pot and a tea kettle (which can be pricey), if you are a small family, or a couple. By having two separate areas to brew hot water, and or/coffee, you also don't have one tasting like the other, if not cleaned properly, because the water does not come out of the same spout. The instructions are also easy, and it is easy to program. If you like oatmeal, you can also add hot water to a cup of oatmeal.
The cons are the size (pretty big for only brewing 1 cup at a time, on each side)-definitely takes up a lot of space if you have a small-ish counter. The base is 9-11". We also have 19" of space under the cabinet, and had to pull the unit all the way out, to open the reservoir to fill with water.

Panasonic DMP-BDT270 Smart Network 4K Upscaling 3D Blu-Ray Disc Player
Panasonic DMP-BDT270 Smart Network 4K Upscaling 3D Blu-Ray Disc Player
Price: $99.99
10 used & new from $64.63

5.0 out of 5 stars Slim, compact unit, quick to set up!, May 4, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This player replaced a PS3 that was only used for Blu-ray playback. We own several Panasonic products, including 2 televisions, and multiple players in the past. This player is very slim in its form factor and the silver chassis is very appealing. The connections on the back are equally streamlined,and the face is attractive as it points out of our media tower. I was able to instantly update the firmware (after accepting terms of service),and connect the player, via wi-fi to the internet. Discs/netflix started up quickly and the picture is beautiful. So far, we are very happy with this unit, and I would highly recommended.

E-Z Ink (TM) Remanufactured Ink Cartridge Replacement for Epson 252XL 254XL Extra High Capacity (1 Black, 1 Cyan, 1 Magenta, 1 Yellow) 4 Pack Compatible With WorkForce WF-7110 WF-7610 WF-7620 WF-3620 WF-3640 Printer

Friskies Dry Cat Food, Seven, 6.3-Pound Bag, Pack of 1
Friskies Dry Cat Food, Seven, 6.3-Pound Bag, Pack of 1
Price: $19.52
3 used & new from $19.52

3.0 out of 5 stars Our cats did not approve:(, April 19, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Unfortunately, our inside cats did not like this food, but it was a success with the outdoor cat that comes to visit. Our cats tend to like higher quality/priced cat food, so it is a struggle switching them to brands such as Friskies. This food is not as pungent as some other brands which was a welcomed feature of the product. Our cats used to eat Friskies, and I think they would like it had they continued consuming that brand. And as cats are fussy to begin with, it's possible it was the flavor that did not appeal to them.

Lucas Film Star Wars Classic Death Star Comforter with Sham, Twin/Full
Lucas Film Star Wars Classic Death Star Comforter with Sham, Twin/Full
Price: $45.60

4.0 out of 5 stars Very cool design!, April 19, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I love the design and bold pop of the colors. It has a quasi 'Comic-strip' design feel with different elements from different parts of the movie. This is very important since it's likely a kids' room set (not like I used it in my bedroom, ha!). The design of the pillow cases is also very cool. The reason it gets less than 5 stars is because the material is not as soft as other comforters. It feels more like nylon (harsher on skin). I do like that the comforter is reversible (different design), which can add some variety. It is a warm blanket and not too heavy.

Remington Products Women's Radiant and Smooth Women Six Blade System, 1 Count
Remington Products Women's Radiant and Smooth Women Six Blade System, 1 Count
Price: $9.99
4 used & new from $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Reliable razor, worth the money to avoid knicks, April 19, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I was able to quickly shave without worry about cuts and knicks. I was really impressed that it would go with the curves of your body and not cut you. With other razors, I tend to frequently cut my knees. I am not sure how much of a difference there was between the 3 blades and 6 blades (this razor has 6).I shaved half of my body with my old razor, and the other side with this new razor, and the hair grew back at the same rate. The handle is very comfortable (your thumb fits well without sliding off). The suction cup that it comes with actually stayed on the wall. Others I've tried would fall off.

First Alert THERM-500 Onelink Wi-Fi Touchscreen Smart Thermostat
First Alert THERM-500 Onelink Wi-Fi Touchscreen Smart Thermostat
Price: $220.84
6 used & new from $177.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome features and very easy to install, March 29, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We're not electricians, but using the booklet and helpful website videos,we were able to install the thermostat with little trouble. There was one point where we were a bit stumped, but the other video allowed us to continue installation. The most challenging part of installation was actually removing the old thermostat. The screen is a nice size. One of us has glasses and the size of the numbers and clock screen saver are very convenient. The programming is really easy-with options for individual weekdays, or all weekdays, and just weekend days. In addition you can customize temperature for specific days, either with a programmable schedule, or on the day of-you can change the temp anytime by simply adjusting the temp up or down. The phone app is also very easy to use and install. The connection from the wi-fi to our cable was also very easy-it picked up the signal immediately, and all we had to do was enter our password. One of the neatest things for the app is that you can change the temp on your way home, if the weather unexpectedly changes. There are plenty of unexpected things that happen with schedule changes, etc. We were very concerned with installing this ourselves, but the videos were really helpful, and the tools needed, pretty standard-a screwdriver, phillips head screwdriver, drill, and a level. Really enjoying this so far!

ZeroLemon 4-Port USB 3.0 Hub with Individual Power Switches and LEDs- White
ZeroLemon 4-Port USB 3.0 Hub with Individual Power Switches and LEDs- White
Offered by Fenix Select - Authorized ZeroLemon Retailer
Price: $15.99
3 used & new from $9.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice little slim unit for all USB charging needs, March 21, 2015
I recently received this item and used it to charge my iphone 6 via my Macbook Pro. It's pretty sturdy and well constructed, but very portable. It charged fast and I like the feature of not having all ports on all once. You choose the port you want to use via the on/off buttons on each port. Handy little device for all of your USB devices, and a very slim form factor. Happy thus far!

Hoover Air Cordless Lift Bagless Upright Vacuum, BH51120PC
Hoover Air Cordless Lift Bagless Upright Vacuum, BH51120PC
Price: $388.83
6 used & new from $385.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the cordless feature-very convenient and versatile!, March 20, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
LOVE THE CORDLESS FEATURE! This is a very convenient and handy every-day vacuum. While we do not have rugs or carpet, we do have 2 cats and 2 birds and the vacuum worked very well. Until this unit, I am not sure I realized how annoying it was to have to plug in the vacuum. In order to clean the whole house (even just 1 floor), multiple pluggings and unpluggings are necessary with anything with a cord. The battery charge lasts a long time with this unit-we've already vacuumed twice and have not had to recharge it. The battery also charges up very quickly, and since there are 2 batteries, you can just get the other pack when one runs out. The pack snaps right on and off, and is very convenient.

On the cannister there is a 'handle' which seems to allow for carrying the cannister to empty it, but it's actually for cleaning the filter. For an upright this is surprisingly light, and not as clunky as some of our other vacuums owned before. The "boost" feature (increases suction) can be enabled with a click of a button and is useful for more complex messes,and things like cat litter etc. The removable cannister is very nice if you want to vaccum in a whole other area of the house, or your car, etc. We have birds, and unlike our other vacuum which would blow the bird feathers all over (air circulated on bottom of vacuum), this one does not do that because the air circulates at the top of the cannister. The length of the hose, and the extension wand you can reach up to the ceiling (standard ceiling height). Another useful feature is that it includes 2 filters and 2 batteries, because it allows you to use one and clean/charge the other. Lastly, the footprint is relatively small (maybe 1 square foot) and it's compact for storage. This makes vacuuming less tedious!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20