Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Nothing But Thieves All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Amethyst Jewelry Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS
Profile for J. Moro > Reviews

Browse

J. Moro's Profile

Customer Reviews: 141

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. Moro "JM" RSS Feed (Stratford, NJ USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15
Sirui TY-60 Arca-Type Pro Quick Release Plate for G20 / K20
Sirui TY-60 Arca-Type Pro Quick Release Plate for G20 / K20
Offered by OEC Camera Accessories
Price: $39.95
14 used & new from $39.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Perfectly for its intended purpose, June 26, 2015
It works. It looks a tiny bit different than the one that came with the Sirui head i purchased but it works. Now I keep one on my X-T1, and the other on my D800

Silicon Power 1TB Rugged Armor A30 Shockproof Standard 2.5-Inch USB 3.0 Military Grade  Portable External Hard Drive,Black (SP010TBPHDA30S3K)
Silicon Power 1TB Rugged Armor A30 Shockproof Standard 2.5-Inch USB 3.0 Military Grade Portable External Hard Drive,Black (SP010TBPHDA30S3K)
Price: $57.99
11 used & new from $57.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Not happy with the cables at all., June 26, 2015
Performs well, but I don't like the fact it comes with it's own cable which has a USB on BOTH sides. What fool thought up that one?

ADATA USA Dash Drive 2TB HD710 Military-Spec USB 3.0 External Hard Drive, Blue (AHD710-2TU3-CBL)
Price: $117.36
4 used & new from $115.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Now have purchased and am using over 15 of these in my Company, June 26, 2015
I've now purchased over 15 (yes, fifteen) of these in various colors for my design department and for personal use. They all work fine. I had ONE go bad which I promptly returned to ADATA and they sent me a replacment -- no problems. I would continue to purchase these as necessary.

NEWLY DESIGNED High Quality - 6ft(2m) Braided Nylon Lightning Charging Cables for Apple iPhone 5 5C 5S, iPhone 6 6 Plus, iPad 4 Mini, iPod Touch 5/Nano 7, 8 pin to USB - 3pack(purp-blue-red)
Offered by Hy-Jinx
Price: $7.99
3 used & new from $7.99

3.0 out of 5 stars aaah. Sorta works. Decided to keep them, June 26, 2015
Arrived on time. And all three work when plugged into wall sockets. However, NONE of the three worked when I used the on my Macbook Air USB port. It keeps cycling off and on driving my phone crazy.

Nikon D800 36.3 MP CMOS FX-Format Digital SLR Camera (Body Only) (OLD MODEL)
Nikon D800 36.3 MP CMOS FX-Format Digital SLR Camera (Body Only) (OLD MODEL)
54 used & new from $1,100.00

3.0 out of 5 stars It was the BEST of Cameras. It was the WORST of Cameras..., June 11, 2015
I purchased my D800 via pre-order, and received it on June 20th, 2012. I've now had three whole years to think, use, test, and pontificate on this purchase.
First of all: When the camera nails it, it NAILS it. The images are amazing. My camera did have the left focus issue which I promptly sent it off to Nikon in Melville for review and repair. It came back pretty much the same so F*ck it. I really didn't feel like dealing with it again. Since I use back button auto focus it really wasn't that big of a deal as it only affected the left outer most focus point and I just avoided it, or focused and re-composed.
In three years I swear I've had this camera up for sale at least four different times. No kidding. Each time, I find a reason to keep it for one thing or another and remove the listings, or just let them expire. I will say the files are glorious in detail, resolution and dynamic range.
So why three stars? That's how I feel about the camera: ambivalent -- I don't really care if it stays or goes. I do use it but not as much as I use my Fuji X-T1.
This is one of the reasons why I waited so long to write this review! I'm quite honestly not sure how I feel about it. I think it is the worst camera I have ever owned, yet it produces some the finest images I've produced which is the primary reason I still have it. Since I sold off my D700 and D300 bodies way back, I now shoot primarily with the Fuji's, and treat the D800 as I treated my medium format Mamiya 645AFD. Carefully, with great care, on a tripod, mirror lockup, delayed exposure. To me, this seems to generate some amazingly clear, sharp and crisp images. As I'm older gentleman, I don't feel comfortable hand-holding it unless I can get at least 1/125th second with either my 18-35G series, or my 50mm F1.8 which, having sold all my other Nikon gear and started the Fuji X switch, are the last two lenses I have remaining. However, I will say that I just can't let the camera go. It's very strange... I'll let it go at that. I may update this review as time goes on but after three years, well, these are my impressions.

Colin Kaepernick #7 San Francisco 49ers NFL Women's Name & Number Fair Catch T-shirt Red (Xlarge)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Fit, and holds up to washings very well, April 21, 2015
Gave it as a gift and the individual LOVED IT. Colors were perfect, fit was just right, and so far after several washings colors are steadfast.

[Most Powerful Car Charger Ever]Omaker Intelligent 6.6A / 33W Premium Aluminum 3 USB Car Charger With Smart Sharing IC for Each USB Port-Tarnish
Offered by Omaker Official
Price: $32.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Poduct. Small, Unassuming, but packs some charging power!, April 20, 2015
Excellent! One of the most compact and powerful Chargers I've owned. Love this. Time will tell if it will last or not. But so far so good!

Kenu Airframe | Portable Smartphone Car Mount (Non Phablets) | Black
Kenu Airframe | Portable Smartphone Car Mount (Non Phablets) | Black
Price: $19.95
7 used & new from $19.45

1.0 out of 5 stars When will I ever Learn?, April 20, 2015
When will I ever learn my lessons? When? I purchased this on the recommendation seen in "Cult of Mac" And this is the second time I've been burned by these bums. I purchased this item, installed it (tried) on Sunday. First of all, it doesn't sit too tightly in the vent; however, spreading the wings to attach my iPhone is difficult -- no way you are gonna do this one handed so that makes it kind of uncomfortable. Second, when you attempt to pull the iPhone off, the Kenu comes out of the vent still attached to the iPhone. And, thank goodness it did!!!! My vent on my automobile is now distorted as the hard rubber on the back of the vent literally opened up my vent. If I were you I would avoid this unit. At least on my vehicle it does not work well at all. For goodness sake I purchased for 3.99 on flea bay two vent holders that worked for like four years with no issues whatsoever. Again, it's my fault for heeding the BS on Cult of Mac. I have now learned my lesson. NO MORE. This item is going back if I can find the stupid box. I should bill them for my vent replacement as well though i'm sure they'll just laugh. But hey, try it if you feel comfortable.

UPDATED: 4/21/2015. Luckily for me the air vent somehow de-contorted itself back into shape. Still a one star review, but at least my vehicle isn't damaged in so glaring a spot.

Wasabi Power Battery (2-Pack) and Charger for Nikon EN-EL15 and Nikon 1 V1, D600, D610, D800, D800E, D810, D7000, D7100
Price: $41.99
3 used & new from $41.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect. Again, April 20, 2015
Perfect. Again! I own TWO sets of the Wasabi charger, and four batteries for my Fuji X-T1. I decided to purchase the Wasabi brand for my Nikon D800 batteries as I'm headed on a 10-day road trip and three of those days I will be away from all cell, electric, and water. Since I will be shooting night skies and star trails I wanted to be sure I had not only enough juice for that, but for the other photography during the day as well. Having purchased this I now have four batteries total for the D800 with two chargers, and six batteries for the Fuji X-T1 with three chargers. As I mentioned, I have this for the Fuji cameras and they work flawlessly; just like the originals at 1/2 the cost + a charger. As soon as I got this I charged up the batteries, and the next day I used both batteries. Everything worked as expected.
Would I buy again? ABSOLUTELY! For both cameras if the need arises. Oh, as an added benefit the charger comes with a auto lighter cable, AND A power plug for I guess European circuits -- which I have not used. For the price you can't beat this deal!

Petzl - TIKKINA 60 Lumens, Ocean
Petzl - TIKKINA 60 Lumens, Ocean
Offered by True Deals Online
Price: $24.99
7 used & new from $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars How did I get along without this before?, April 20, 2015
This review is from: Petzl - TIKKINA 60 Lumens (Sports)
Outstanding! I bought this for an upcoming photography trip where i will be shooting a lot of night images. Yesterday, I had to change the oil in one of my automobiles and i decided to give this a try. Might as well test it out right? Well honestly I don't know how I have done anything without this head lamp! It worked flawlessly; allowed me to use both hands, and the light was super bright, even on the low setting. three AAA batteries and you are good to go. What I also love is that my other flashlight also uses AAA batteries so I only have to carry one size for my 10-day road trip. I would definitely buy this again should anything happen to this one!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15