Profile for Mom of Five > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Mom of Five "Maker of Memories" RSS Feed (Tulsa)

Enchanted (Full Screen Edition)
Enchanted (Full Screen Edition)
DVD ~ Amy Adams
Price: $9.13
148 used & new from $1.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Best family movie of 2007, February 8, 2008
I just recently saw this movie with my four-year-old grandson, which to my surprise was a struggle to get him in the theatre, because he thought it was a "girl movie". Apparently, that is just the worst kind of movie. Five minutes into the movie, he was cheering for the hero and definitely mesmerized with the princess. All of the stars were perfectly cast. There were moments when the audience clapped and cheered out loud. I would see this a second time with my girlfriends or grown children. The love story was sweet and not too over the top corny. The scene in the park where everyone bursts into song and perfect strangers perform a choreographed dance routine; I don't know why, but it just works. This was definitely not your run of the mill kid movie, it was truly an enchanting experience.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Too good to be healthy, February 8, 2008
This is one of my favorite energy bars. It is a great breakfast on the run or meal replacement when your day is packed with activities. It will continue to give you energy for hours. If you have children who refuse to eat breakfast, this just might work as a substitute. This particular bar has 19g of protein and only 1g of sugar, which is why it works so well. They come in a variety of flavors, but this is my personal favorite. The peanut butter granola bar is also an excellent choice is you are not a fan of chocolate.

Dakota Moccasin Coffee Womens Ugg Slippers Size 8
Dakota Moccasin Coffee Womens Ugg Slippers Size 8

5.0 out of 5 stars Indoor/Outdoor Houseshoes, January 1, 2008
I bought the UGG houseshoes for my 16-year-old niece. For some reason that I will never understand, all the kids wear them everywhere. Yes, they wear them outside, to school, the mall, whatever. And, you cannot refer to them as houseshoes. . .they are moccasins. The fact that I was able to locate the "moccasins" during the Christmas holidays upped my Cool Aunt status considerably. Frankly, I thought they were a great pair of houseshoes and better quality than most. If you want to be really trendy, buy the moccasins and wear them to the grocery store.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 2, 2015 5:18 PM PST

Ratatouille
Ratatouille
DVD ~ Brad Garrett
Price: $13.70
178 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Ratatouille, December 1, 2007
This review is from: Ratatouille (DVD)
This is one of my favorite animated movies of all time. I saw this in the movie theatre with my 4-year-old grandson, and we both loved it. The humor in this movie will appeal to children of all ages. In the days of Top Chef and the Food Network, the cooking theme is timely and the terminology appropriate, and yet not over the heads of the younger children. Even the teenagers in our house enjoyed this movie, which is saying a lot. As with most animated movies, you will enjoy watching it again, and again, and again. . .