Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for Tony Thiel > Reviews

Browse

Tony Thiel's Profile

Customer Reviews: 135

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Tony Thiel RSS Feed (Kauai, Hawaii)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14
Cattleya Orchid Care: The Ultimate Pocket Guide to Cattleya Orchids
Cattleya Orchid Care: The Ultimate Pocket Guide to Cattleya Orchids
Price: $2.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Always to good have other books on Orchid care. Good to hear from several experience growers., July 3, 2016
I guess when you've kept orchids for 17 years, something like this is too basic. Cattleya's are one of the hardest orchids to grow and maintain and I suggest that if you're a beginner to start with something easier to maintain such as Dendrobiums and Vandas.

Once you get the hang of it, then move on to Catts. Guaranteed, you will kill your share of orchids before you can keep it down to minimum, and Cattleya's are just too expensive to start with. JMO

Merrick Chicken Recipe Backcountry Real Food for Pets, 12.7-Ounce, 12-Pack
Merrick Chicken Recipe Backcountry Real Food for Pets, 12.7-Ounce, 12-Pack
Price: $29.68
7 used & new from $29.65

5.0 out of 5 stars Good consistency and smells good when you open it., June 26, 2016
I like the consistency of this product. I only purchase Merrick Dog food because of it's good ratings, however, I'm not sure that a cheaper brand of dog food wouldn't do as well. I just don't want to risk it with my dog.

Intex Quick-Fill 12v-DC Electric Air Pump, Max. Air Flow 21.2CFM
Intex Quick-Fill 12v-DC Electric Air Pump, Max. Air Flow 21.2CFM
Offered by seasonwide
Price: $16.98
68 used & new from $7.78

2.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for!, June 11, 2016
YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!

I have an Intex Challenger K1 Kayak and I thought that since this was an Intex product that it would work well for that ... WRONG! The nozzle does NOT fit snug, It's slow as molasses (like watching paint dry) and it doesn't pump that well. I suppose as some people said, you could use it to pump it up some ... BUT ... ultimately, you have to finish the job with the hand pump that the kayak came with.

However since it was less than 10 bucks, it's not worth my while re-packaging the thing and taking it down to UPS.

I should have know better since the percentage of the 5 star reviews were so low.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 24, 2016 7:40 PM PDT

Intex Challenger K1 Kayak, 1-Person Inflatable Kayak Set with Aluminum Oars and High Output Air Pump
Price: $65.99
35 used & new from $46.19

3.0 out of 5 stars All About the Skeg and Seat. 3 Stars for now, June 5, 2016
Addendum as of June 14, 2016. **************
After a lot of problem trying to get a hold of Intex and being given a part number of 11650 for a replacement skeg. It turns out that it's an incorrect item. I can't believe that their own people can't get things right. I will try to post a pix of the skegs side by side below.

I have NOT taken the kayak out yet in any of the Kauai rivers here as I was more concerned about fixing the problems that reviewers have posted in their reviews. So, I have taken steps to resolve those issues before I try it out which will probably be next Sunday, then I will complete my review.

Issue #1 the Skeg coming off: I've contacted the company with an email to see if I can purchase a replacement, but in the meantime, I have taken and drilled a small hole in the back of the skeg where I put on a key ring. I have a nylon string connecting two rings where the other ring will be hooked on to a clip which is hooked on to one of the tie down areas on top of the kayak. Sorry but don't know what these are called. The string if fairly taught to kept from getting tangled with anything below the kayak.

Issue #2 The seat back isn't sturdy enough and when you lean back there's really no back support. This required a little ingenuity in my part if I must say so. LOL! I went to my local K-mart store and purchase one of those kiddie kickboards which are about 12" wide and 18" high. I'm using that as the back support and I even used velcro (along with the seat strap) to secure the kickboard to the seat. I had to undo one of the strap hems (for lack of a better word) so that I could remove the seat clip and undo the strap from the very back of the seat to put it around the kickboard.

Issue #3 .. Re: that flimsy paddle? I have a Hobie Mirage Kayak with a very good paddle and since it doesn't need the paddle, I will use that.

See attached pictures. Hope this helps someone.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 6, 2016 1:11 PM PDT

Innobay® Mini Handy Portable Rechargeable Fan Operated by Built-in Lithium Battery, 7 blades, 4 Speeds of Air Force Adjustable, Timing Function and Battery Status Visible, Assembled with Steel Stand, Perfect Gift for Kids (Blue)
Offered by JapanQuality
Price: $29.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this little toy and works better than most small fans I've used ... even the plug in types., April 19, 2016
Wow! This thing really rocks! Has 4 speeds and the 1st speed really surprises because it really blows a lot of air!

Before I begin, I live in Hawaii and most folks that has been here know that most (if not all the homes) here have ceiling fans. But this little sucker is sooo good that I sometimes use it just to save electricity. And the 2nd or 3rd speed works just fine when you want a little fresh air as in when you're sitting behind a computer. But that's not the reason for purchasing this unit.

My local bowling alley has old Brunswick bowl returns, and the most of the built in fans that is suppose to put out air don't or hardly works.
I like to keep my hand cool and dry and I use the air flow to dry my hand before throwing the ball and since I can't count on the built in fans in the bowl returns, I purchased this unit and it has worked wonders.

League bowling takes about 3 hours and this thing will last that long on the 3rd speed, so it works quite well for me.

Coats & Clark All Purpose Thread 400 Yards White (ONE spool of yarn)
Coats & Clark All Purpose Thread 400 Yards White (ONE spool of yarn)
Price: $5.11
13 used & new from $2.39

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst Thread I've ever used., April 19, 2016
I don't know if it matters where you buy this thread, but the one I just bought from my local Wal-Mart is the WORST thread I've ever used.
I have Janome Magnolia sewing machine and this new thread kept bunching up and breaking. I guess if you want to collect lint fast and gum up your machine, this is the thread to use. And I had to drive 5 miles just to get this junk!

I guess in this case, you get what you pay for!

Glade Automatic Spray Air Freshener Starter Kit, Cashmere Woods, 6.2 Ounce
Glade Automatic Spray Air Freshener Starter Kit, Cashmere Woods, 6.2 Ounce
6 used & new from $14.02

4.0 out of 5 stars Best deodorizer that I've found to date., March 22, 2016
Tried just about all the other deodorizers I can find, but this one takes the cake in that you can have it spray every few minutes to every half hour instead of being on all the time. Air Wick makes a similar product but I prefer this one in that it's more durable and more attractive to look at.

You can set it among the set of nick knacks that you have around the house and it looks more like a decorative piece instead of a small appliance ..ie: a deodorant sprayer. It looks pretty attractive on a lamp table for example.

The only reason for the 4 stars instead of 5 is that I wish that it could be set hourly, instead of the maximum 36 min, then I can put it in the small guest bathroom.

BTW: You can use the Air Wick deodorizer cans if you can't find the fragance that you're looking for ...... ssssssh! (See associated picture)
I love the smell of Lavender and my local stores didn't have it in the Glade product, but .... they had the cans of air wick ... lol!
Comment Comment | Permalink

Mentos Sugar-Free Breath Mints, Peppermint, 1.27 Ounce (Pack of 12)
Mentos Sugar-Free Breath Mints, Peppermint, 1.27 Ounce (Pack of 12)
Price: $27.93
7 used & new from $21.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff and hard to find in Kauai, March 3, 2016
Hard to find this item here in the island of Kauai, and the cost is quite high if and when you can find them.
I tried purchasing from ebay, but have receive a couple of shipments which look like old stuff, greenish in color and looks like dampness had gotten inside some of the cans.

These looks fresh and I'm quite happy with the purchase. Will continue to purchase more as a run out.

Cuisinart CCJ-500 Pulp Control Citrus Juicer, Brushed Stainless
Cuisinart CCJ-500 Pulp Control Citrus Juicer, Brushed Stainless
Price: $26.99
48 used & new from $25.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to clean and easy to use ... a no brainer!, February 19, 2016
I like things that are easy to clean and this unit is no exception. I have a lime tree, lemon tree and an orange tree which are loaded with fruit that they're just dropping to the ground. Had to do something quick and that's the reason for purchasing this unit.

This thing is a cinch to use and really, no need to read the manual. I now have gallons of lime and lemon juice which I've frozen, which I'm sure would last me for an entire year is not longer ... LOL!

One thing I've found out about lime and lemon juice is that they DO go bad if not used after a certain period. I found this out when I purchased a couple of large bottles of lemon juice from Costco.

HERCULES Series Premium Curved Triple Braced and Double Hinged Navy Fabric Upholstered Metal Folding Chair
Price: $28.99
22 used & new from $26.96

3.0 out of 5 stars OK but nothing to get excited over. Back is too low to be really comfy., February 19, 2016
Not as comfy as I thought it would be because of the low back. It's OK as an extra chair for guests and I like the fact that it's cushioned.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14