Profile for Deborah > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 14

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Deborah RSS Feed (Neverland)

Page: 1 | 2
The Young Catholic's Illustrated Speller
The Young Catholic's Illustrated Speller
by Anonymous
Price: $18.56
13 used & new from $12.65

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Speller for Then And Now, April 27, 2015
I wasn't even looking for a spelling book when I came across this but found it to be exactly what I needed. The words are grouped phonetically from simplest to most difficult. For example, one of the beginning lessons starts out with: nail, pail, rail, sail, tail, wail, etc. Then in a later lesson: bakery, bravery, drapery, grocery, agency, decency, secrecy, plenary, etc. The words are also divided into sections: sounds of vowels, diphthongs, consonant blends, from one to eight syllable words, accents, reading and dictation. However the reading and dictation pages are too brief. There are only a few of them scattered throughout the book so we don't use them. I also appreciate the inclusion of the traditional Catholic vocabulary.

J.R.Liggetts Old-Fashioned Bar Shampoo Tea Tree and Hemp Oil Formula - 3.5 oz - Pack of 1
Offered by BLK Primetime
Price: $6.82
17 used & new from $4.07

1.0 out of 5 stars Caused burning red skin, January 28, 2015
I SO badly wanted this to be our family's shampoo since it's free of all the dangerous chemicals the typical store-bought brands have in them. Unfortunately after washing my hair with this my face was burning red as if I had a sunburn. I have sensitive skin so I thought it was just me but then my daughter, who has never been sensitive to anything, ended up with burning red skin after her shower too! I'm now wondering if the ingredient label is missing something or if the saponification (sp?) didn't absorb all of the lye. Not sure but disappointed it didn't work.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 16, 2015 11:38 AM PST

The Lunchbox
The Lunchbox
DVD

1.0 out of 5 stars This was sooooo slow and boring. I mean there were at least ten, July 5, 2014
This was sooooo slow and boring. I mean there were at least ten, maybe twenty, drawn out scenes of just looking at lunchboxes. Whether they be on the kitchen table, on a desk, in a cart, on a bike, in the hand, at the office, in a house or with a mouse! And throughout the whole movie I'm waiting for Auntie to fall out the window or just anything to kick-start this movie, but nope. The only thing that kept me awake was her screaming every ten minutes. Ah, but to have someone lower you food every now and again... not a bad idea. Oh, I almost forgot! There is the main storyline somewhere in there but if you blink, you'll miss it. Or fall asleep.
Comment Comments (9) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 21, 2014 11:08 AM PDT

McDougal Littell Pre-Algebra: Student Edition Pre-Algebra 1992
McDougal Littell Pre-Algebra: Student Edition Pre-Algebra 1992
by MCDOUGAL LITTEL
41 used & new from $10.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it in spite of the poor reviews here, May 16, 2014
First, this is NOT the student's edition but rather the teacher's edition listing so the amazon title is incorrect. Second, I was concerned about buying this book because of the poor reviews but I have found it's excellent. Lessons and exercises are clearly defined and separated in the following order: Title, explanation, term(s) defined, examples, class exercise, written exercise and review exercise. We have gone through many math programs in the past and this is by far the most understandable but still thorough and challenging. Whether you attend a local school or are home schooled, this book will prepare you very well for higher math.

Teach Your Baby Italian [With Teaching Guide]
Teach Your Baby Italian [With Teaching Guide]
by Penton Overseas
Edition: Audio CD
12 used & new from $4.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Pronunciation in Italian and English, November 19, 2012
I purchased this CD used on Amazon and even though the case was somewhat beaten up, the CD itself was in good condition and played beautifully. It was exactly what I was looking for with recitation in both Italian and English. Since this was intended for my baby I was pleasantly surprised and appreciated the clear but gentle tones of the two speakers. The case included a small pamphlet that had in writing the words and phrases being spoken on the CD. The phrases were common things spoken to a baby such as, "Mommy loves you, give me a kiss, are you hungry, what's the matter, mommy is right here, etc." Over all this is an excellent product!

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars My favorite for design and fit, August 21, 2012
I have been researching and testing out organic cotton and cotton/hemp cloth diapers since the birth of my son three weeks ago and I finally found a winner! This diaper has everything I was looking for: 1) made with organic cotton, 2) extremely soft inside and out even after washing, 3) leg and waist elastic that are completely covered with fabric so as not to cause welts on my baby's skin which other diapers had done, 4) velcro (aplix) closure to mimic a disposable and achieve a perfect fit every time, and 5) easy enough to put on and take off quickly. This diaper is also my family's favorite which is another plus as they share in diaper duty as well.

UPDATE: (8/24/12) Changing from a 5 to 4 stars. Every time I had put this diaper on my son, it was with a Sprout Change hemp/cotton insert which lasted a good three hours. Today we tried it without the insert to see how absorbent it was by itself and it lasted all of 25 minutes before it leaked out of the fleece diaper cover he had over his Organic Caboose fitted diaper. I was really disappointed but still love the design and fit. So it will work as long as you add an insert.

Sprout Change One-size v2 Shell (Blueberry)
Sprout Change One-size v2 Shell (Blueberry)
Offered by ReusableFuture
Price: $16.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed with these diaper covers, August 20, 2012
I was really looking forward to using these but when I tried them on my baby, I had the same problems that the "Cheeta Mom" reviewer had. The elastic settings around the waist and legs were too loose on a 4 and leaked out. Then I tried the 3 and my baby ended up with red and white welts on his skin. (Yet on either setting the front of the waist was gaped opened.) I'm beginning to wonder if it has something to do with a skin reaction to the material.

But I also wanted to add that the Sprout Change Super Saver Inserts - Organic Cotton/Hemp that come with these covers are FANTASTIC! They are the best and most absorbent inserts you'll find. I paired one with an Organic Caboose diaper and it lasted for hours.

Sprout Change Super Saver Inserts - Organic
Sprout Change Super Saver Inserts - Organic
Offered by ReusableFuture
Price: $5.75

5.0 out of 5 stars The BEST organic cotton/hemp inserts for cloth diapering, August 19, 2012
These Sprout Change inserts are by far the best for cloth diapering! They are made of a thick organic cotton fleece over organic hemp/cotton fleece and are a one-size fits all which is great for reducing costs. For a smaller size, you just fold it over to your preferred length. I paired this with an Organic Caboose diaper cover on my heavy-wetting son and it lasted for hours. (Note: Organic Caboose has the softest diapers and covers around.)

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great with medela slow-flow nipples!, August 11, 2012
I pump with the hospital grade Medela breast pump and at first I was using the Medela 4 oz. glass bottle with the Medela ring and nipple. No matter how I screwed the ring and nipple on, it still leaked when feeding my baby. I next tried the Evenflo glass bottle and nipple combo and the milk came out too fast. I then decided to pair the Evenflo glass bottle with the Medela slow-flow ring and nipple and it worked perfectly! There are no leaks so my baby stays clean and there is a nice slow flow of milk so it doesn't cause him to gag. I highly recommend combining the Evenflo glass bottles with the Medela nipples/rings. Works great every time!

Kids Stuff Italian: Easy Italian Phrases to Teach Your Kids (Bilingual Kids)
Kids Stuff Italian: Easy Italian Phrases to Teach Your Kids (Bilingual Kids)
by Therese Slevin Pirz
7 used & new from $499.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect!, July 19, 2011
This book was exactly what I was looking for. I'm a monolingual attempting to raise my children bilingually and all the other programs, texts, workbooks, etc. teach either grammar-based or tourist phrases. And since I don't think my four year old needs to hail a cab in Italian just yet, this book is GREAT!

The words/phrases are grouped by category (ex: greetings, bathroom, mealtime, helping at home, time, getting dressed, words of praise, etc.) and includes prayers and lullabies as well. There is also a phonetic pronunciation guide under each Italian word.

"Dai il buon esempio a tuo fratello."
Dai eel bwohn eh-SEHM-pyoh ah TOO-oh frah-TEHL-loh.

Translation: "Set a good example for your brother."

At the end it provides a thorough explanation on pronunciation of letters yet my only disappointment is that it doesn't come with an audio CD. For me this is very important since I don't want to get into the habit of pronouncing the accents wrong. I contacted the author about this but there are no plans to produce one. :-(

Also, some of the prices on Amazon are ridiculous. If you buy it directly from the author, it is only $29.95.

Page: 1 | 2