Profile for Deborah > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 12

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Deborah RSS Feed (Neverland)

Page: 1 | 2
The Lunchbox (English Subtitled)
The Lunchbox (English Subtitled)
DVD
Price: $0.99

1.0 out of 5 stars This was sooooo slow and boring. I mean there were at least ten, July 5, 2014
This was sooooo slow and boring. I mean there were at least ten, maybe twenty, drawn out scenes of just looking at lunchboxes. Whether they be on the kitchen table, on a desk, in a cart, on a bike, in the hand, at the office, in a house or with a mouse! And throughout the whole movie I'm waiting for Auntie to fall out the window or just anything to kick-start this movie, but nope. The only thing that kept me awake was her screaming every ten minutes. Ah, but to have someone lower you food every now and again... not a bad idea. Oh, I almost forgot! There is the main storyline somewhere in there but if you blink, you'll miss it. Or fall asleep.
Comment Comments (9) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 21, 2014 11:08 AM PDT

McDougal Littell Pre-Algebra: Student Edition Pre-Algebra 1992
McDougal Littell Pre-Algebra: Student Edition Pre-Algebra 1992
by MCDOUGAL LITTEL
43 used & new from $1.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it in spite of the poor reviews here, May 16, 2014
First, this is NOT the student's edition but rather the teacher's edition listing so the amazon title is incorrect. Second, I was concerned about buying this book because of the poor reviews but I have found it's excellent. Lessons and exercises are clearly defined and separated in the following order: Title, explanation, term(s) defined, examples, class exercise, written exercise and review exercise. We have gone through many math programs in the past and this is by far the most understandable but still thorough and challenging. Whether you attend a local school or are home schooled, this book will prepare you very well for higher math.

Teach Your Baby Italian [With Teaching Guide]
Teach Your Baby Italian [With Teaching Guide]
by Penton Overseas
Edition: Audio CD
10 used & new from $2.46

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Pronunciation in Italian and English, November 19, 2012
I purchased this CD used on Amazon and even though the case was somewhat beaten up, the CD itself was in good condition and played beautifully. It was exactly what I was looking for with recitation in both Italian and English. Since this was intended for my baby I was pleasantly surprised and appreciated the clear but gentle tones of the two speakers. The case included a small pamphlet that had in writing the words and phrases being spoken on the CD. The phrases were common things spoken to a baby such as, "Mommy loves you, give me a kiss, are you hungry, what's the matter, mommy is right here, etc." Over all this is an excellent product!

Organic Caboose Aplix Fitted Diaper - Small
Organic Caboose Aplix Fitted Diaper - Small

4.0 out of 5 stars My favorite for design and fit, August 21, 2012
I have been researching and testing out organic cotton and cotton/hemp cloth diapers since the birth of my son three weeks ago and I finally found a winner! This diaper has everything I was looking for: 1) made with organic cotton, 2) extremely soft inside and out even after washing, 3) leg and waist elastic that are completely covered with fabric so as not to cause welts on my baby's skin which other diapers had done, 4) velcro (aplix) closure to mimic a disposable and achieve a perfect fit every time, and 5) easy enough to put on and take off quickly. This diaper is also my family's favorite which is another plus as they share in diaper duty as well.

UPDATE: (8/24/12) Changing from a 5 to 4 stars. Every time I had put this diaper on my son, it was with a Sprout Change hemp/cotton insert which lasted a good three hours. Today we tried it without the insert to see how absorbent it was by itself and it lasted all of 25 minutes before it leaked out of the fleece diaper cover he had over his Organic Caboose fitted diaper. I was really disappointed but still love the design and fit. So it will work as long as you add an insert.

Sprout Change One-size v2 Shell (Blueberry)
Sprout Change One-size v2 Shell (Blueberry)
Offered by ReusableFuture
Price: $16.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed with these diaper covers, August 20, 2012
I was really looking forward to using these but when I tried them on my baby, I had the same problems that the "Cheeta Mom" reviewer had. The elastic settings around the waist and legs were too loose on a 4 and leaked out. Then I tried the 3 and my baby ended up with red and white welts on his skin. (Yet on either setting the front of the waist was gaped opened.) I'm beginning to wonder if it has something to do with a skin reaction to the material.

But I also wanted to add that the Sprout Change Super Saver Inserts - Organic Cotton/Hemp that come with these covers are FANTASTIC! They are the best and most absorbent inserts you'll find. I paired one with an Organic Caboose diaper and it lasted for hours.

Sprout Change Super Saver Inserts - Organic
Sprout Change Super Saver Inserts - Organic
Offered by ReusableFuture
Price: $5.75

5.0 out of 5 stars The BEST organic cotton/hemp inserts for cloth diapering, August 19, 2012
These Sprout Change inserts are by far the best for cloth diapering! They are made of a thick organic cotton fleece over organic hemp/cotton fleece and are a one-size fits all which is great for reducing costs. For a smaller size, you just fold it over to your preferred length. I paired this with an Organic Caboose diaper cover on my heavy-wetting son and it lasted for hours. (Note: Organic Caboose has the softest diapers and covers around.)

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great with medela slow-flow nipples!, August 11, 2012
I pump with the hospital grade Medela breast pump and at first I was using the Medela 4 oz. glass bottle with the Medela ring and nipple. No matter how I screwed the ring and nipple on, it still leaked when feeding my baby. I next tried the Evenflo glass bottle and nipple combo and the milk came out too fast. I then decided to pair the Evenflo glass bottle with the Medela slow-flow ring and nipple and it worked perfectly! There are no leaks so my baby stays clean and there is a nice slow flow of milk so it doesn't cause him to gag. I highly recommend combining the Evenflo glass bottles with the Medela nipples/rings. Works great every time!

Kids Stuff Italian: Easy Italian Phrases to Teach Your Kids (Bilingual Kids)
Kids Stuff Italian: Easy Italian Phrases to Teach Your Kids (Bilingual Kids)
by Therese Slevin Pirz
20 used & new from $4.05

5.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect!, July 19, 2011
This book was exactly what I was looking for. I'm a monolingual attempting to raise my children bilingually and all the other programs, texts, workbooks, etc. teach either grammar-based or tourist phrases. And since I don't think my four year old needs to hail a cab in Italian just yet, this book is GREAT!

The words/phrases are grouped by category (ex: greetings, bathroom, mealtime, helping at home, time, getting dressed, words of praise, etc.) and includes prayers and lullabies as well. There is also a phonetic pronunciation guide under each Italian word.

"Dai il buon esempio a tuo fratello."
Dai eel bwohn eh-SEHM-pyoh ah TOO-oh frah-TEHL-loh.

Translation: "Set a good example for your brother."

At the end it provides a thorough explanation on pronunciation of letters yet my only disappointment is that it doesn't come with an audio CD. For me this is very important since I don't want to get into the habit of pronouncing the accents wrong. I contacted the author about this but there are no plans to produce one. :-(

Also, some of the prices on Amazon are ridiculous. If you buy it directly from the author, it is only $29.95.

Lamaze Cotton Spandex Sleep Bra for Nursing and Maternity
Lamaze Cotton Spandex Sleep Bra for Nursing and Maternity
Price: $18.00 - $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Sleep Bra for Nursing, October 23, 2010
I was looking for a cotton sleep bra for nursing. After reading many of the negative reviews, I was hesitant to buy this bra but decided I would go ahead and try it anyway. I am so glad I did!

I am a size 38D and have not experienced any problems with being a larger size. I use the nursing pads with a sticky back which probably helps them stay in place. I can lay on my sides and the bra supports them well. The fabric is definitely of higher quality than other sleep bras.

I've worn the Medela and the Fancee Free sleep bras for nursing and this Lamaze is by far the best. The Medela fabric was too thin and had scratchy lace on the sides and the Fancee Free (similar in design to the Medela but again, better fabric) runs large in sizing.

I'm guessing this bra doesn't work with the shells (which I too use in the first few weeks of nursing) because it's not made to be used with them. I wear a more supportive bra at night until my milk levels off and there is no more need for the shells (usually about the third or fourth week).

I haven't washed it yet but another reviewer says it shrinks so I will probably just let it hang dry. Over all this is an extremely comfortable bra which makes it very easy to nurse in at night.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 27, 2013 6:58 AM PDT

Jean Butler's Irish Dance Master Class
Jean Butler's Irish Dance Master Class
DVD ~ Jean Butlers Irish Dance Masterclass
Price: $12.34
41 used & new from $5.72

5.0 out of 5 stars For more advance Irish steps, November 23, 2007
I have been teaching my children to Irish Dance using Olive Hurley's Irish Dancing Step by Step Volume 1 which introduces the beginning steps to the Jig, Reel, Slip Jig and Single Jig (for those on here who mentioned they need a beginner DVD). Then we wanted to learn more difficult steps and this lead us to Jean Butler's DVD. I was hesitant to buy it from the reviews on here but I am so glad I did.

Pros - Each step is walked through, then a little faster and then at dance speed. Like any dance, it takes time to learn the steps so plan on pausing, rewinding and watching in slow-motion if needed. We only dance in soft shoes right now which the DVD devotes half its running time to. The other half is hard shoe but still a good amount of soft shoe is in it. Jean Butler shows you warm ups, cool downs, arches, kicks, jumps, rocks and more.

Cons - The music isn't traditional Irish dance music but that said, the beats all match her steps which makes it easier to follow. I didn't take off any stars for this because it doesn't bother us. Also, I wished the women dancers tops were covering a little more but that's just me.

Page: 1 | 2