Profile for C. Johnson > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

C. Johnson RSS Feed

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Toys present a health hazard, February 28, 2009
The tower itself is well made and easy to put together. The toys that come with the tower are another story. DO NOT USE THE TOYS!!!! They are balls of string you attach to the tower via an elastic string. We don't give our cats string becuase we know it is a serious risk, but with the toy being attached to the tower, I didn't think there would be a problem. Then I witnessed my very active kitty take the toy in his mouth and dive bomb off the tower. He got bits of string to come off the toy and promptly ate them. We ended up at the vet with a very sick kitty. He could have very easily died. The strings get caught in their intestines and can rub back and forth inside them like a saw until they cut all the way through. Our kitty was fortunate in that the strings did not cut all the way through, they just caused some bad irritation. All in all we spent $288.00 at the vet and if he had needed surgery, it would have been a lot more. I repeat, DO NOT USE THE CAT TOYS THAT COME WITH THIS PRODUCT!!!!!
Comment Comments (31) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 23, 2014 9:53 AM PDT