Profile for Mic Masterson > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 15

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Mic Masterson "Mic" RSS Feed (New York, NY)

Page: 1 | 2
Google Nexus 6 Screen Protector Ultra Clear HD, iSmooth
Google Nexus 6 Screen Protector Ultra Clear HD, iSmooth
Offered by iSmooth
Price: $9.97
4 used & new from $6.97

1.0 out of 5 stars Garbage product from unethical company, November 26, 2014
Don't buy this screen protector for the Nexus 6. The screen protectors have been rushed out and don't line up with the front facing camera.

The fact that iSmooth is still selling these screen protectors when they know they are improperly designed shows you what kind of company they are. They are just trying to squeeze money out of us while they work on correcting the problem.

Yes, iSmooth will refund or replace these skins, but why are they even up here to begin with???!!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 16, 2014 11:49 AM PST

Axe Shower Gel, Rise, 16 Fluid Ounce
Axe Shower Gel, Rise, 16 Fluid Ounce
Offered by Core-Accessories
Price: $9.10
5 used & new from $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent shower gel. Great lather and smell, October 20, 2014
Probably my favorite smelling shower gel. My gf said I smelled great and it lathers up nicely.

A single bottle is larger than I expected and will probably last me 4-5 months so this is a great deal.

Aztec Personal Vaporizer Holder for Ego and Similar Models (Mesquite)
Aztec Personal Vaporizer Holder for Ego and Similar Models (Mesquite)

5.0 out of 5 stars No frills, great ego holder, October 20, 2014
Exactly as described. Nice little piece for a great price.

Shipping could have been a bit faster, but not terrible.

Overall, I'm very satisfied.

3 Small Venus Flytraps - Fly Trap - (Dionaea Muscipula) Carnivorous Plant 3 Inch Pot
Offered by JoelsCarnivorousPlants
Price: $11.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Best plant I ever bought, October 20, 2014
The directions that came with the plants were different from all the other times I bought venus fly traps. But this is also the only time I've had venus fly traps actually not die.

Great price, great service, and Joel is really helpful too. We exchanged a few emails and he answered my questions quickly.

Would definitely recommend these to anyone!

Alvin Artograph Lightpad, Aluminum, 6 x 9 in.
Alvin Artograph Lightpad, Aluminum, 6 x 9 in.
Offered by TCP Global Corp
Price: $83.86
7 used & new from $74.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product. Is nice for me, July 1, 2014
Good product. Is nice for me. I put it on my ceiling for fake skylamp. My women is happy so fine

Spyderco Air Glass Fiber Plain Edge Knife
Spyderco Air Glass Fiber Plain Edge Knife
Price: $112.83
28 used & new from $112.83

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect EDC, May 28, 2014
Light as a feather with some of the best blade steel I've ever used. Can't wait for the patina to start forming.

Takes a great edge and is a perfect size to open boxes, envelopes, cut fruit, or even do some precision work (I use it as an x-acto knife to crop photos.

With proper care, should last a lifetime. I place a bit of oil on it if cutting anything acidic or exposing it to water.

LIFX Edison Screw WiFi Enabled Multicolor Dimmable LED Light Bulb, Gun Metal Gray
Price: $79.99
4 used & new from $74.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic so far..., May 28, 2014
The hardware and light output is superb, but it's lacking in the API/app department. The app is a bit buggy sometimes and doesn't find the bulb so I need to disconnect and reconnect my phone to the wifi network. Proximity on/off is a must. Should have been in the app from day 1.

And we really need IFTTT support guys. Phillips Hue's big advantage is that it's been around and has deeper integrations with lots of 3rd parties. The LIFX team told me that they are working on it... and I understand these things take time, but your competition isn't waiting.

Still, I believe in the platform and think it has potential.

Medialink Wireless-N Broadband Router with Internal Antenna - 2.4GHz - 802.11b/g/n - Compatible with Windows 8 / Windows 7 / Windows Vista / Windows XP / Mac OS X / Linux (300 Mbps) [Discontinued Model]
Offered by Hi-Tech Media Inc
Price: $34.95
28 used & new from $5.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke on me day 1, May 9, 2014
I won't post anything negative because mediabridge MIGHT SUE ME. buy an asus and save your money. this router is poor quality

Intelligent Plant Light - Indoor Grow Light
Intelligent Plant Light - Indoor Grow Light
Offered by Windowbox
Price: $49.97
2 used & new from $49.97

1.0 out of 5 stars Garbage, January 11, 2014
Buzzed like crazy after I turned it on. Sounded like it was shorting out.

I thought it was the light bulb so I tried removing it but there is no clear way to do that, and there are no instructions on removing it either. Doesn't matter though because now it won't even turn on.

Mine was probably a dud, but I think this was cheaply made and wouldn't expect a working model to last that long. Furthermore, it looks ugly and lowering/raising the light is finicky. Don't waste your time.

Spyderco Caly3 Gray G-10 Super Blue PlainEdge C113GPGY
Spyderco Caly3 Gray G-10 Super Blue PlainEdge C113GPGY

5.0 out of 5 stars Blade for life, January 11, 2014
Been using this since the day I got it.

Came insanely sharp. Blade retention is excellent too.

I was initially worried about rusting/staining since this is a high carbon blade but honestly it's no big deal and totally worth a little extra care. I just wipe it dry if it was used to cut some fruit or got some water on it. Once in a while I'll rub it down with a little machine oil.

As for the Super Blue steel... I think without a doubt this is the best steel I've ever used in a knife. Cut cardboard boxes open, opened letters, etc and it's still razor sharp. The steel and blade shape make it easy and quick to sharpen. I use a sharp maker, but even a cheap Victorinox sharpener works well.

The blade steel has darkened a bit since I got it, but it looks great. If you're into a mirror finish, don't buy this knife! But if you like a natural patina to develop this is the knife for you.

Yes, the cost is pretty high. Especially now that this limited run is over, these are getting hard to come by. But if you aren't a knife collector like me, and you just want a really solid all-purpose knife that should last a lifetime... a Caly3 Super Blue is the knife for you.

Page: 1 | 2