Profile for Andrea > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Andrea RSS Feed

Dell B1160 Laser Printer - Monochrome - 600 x 600 dpi Print - Plain Paper Print - Desktop
Offered by pcrush-outlet
Price: $85.82
29 used & new from $70.00

4.0 out of 5 stars I like it, November 9, 2013
I've had the printer for three days, and had no trouble installing the driver on my computer. The paper is a little tricky to feed in, and I've already had a couple jams. I think I'll feel more comfortable using this printer once I've read through the users guide.

Mr. Coffee DRX5 4-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker, Black
Mr. Coffee DRX5 4-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker, Black
Price: $19.99
26 used & new from $17.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Coffeemaker, October 9, 2013
This pot was a tad smaller than I anticipated, but that's okay. I only bought it so that I could make my own iced coffee during the summer. I couldn't find filters at my local Safeway in MD, but my parents brought me a package of 200 from MA (they were about two bucks...I would never purchase the ones on amazon because they are so damn expensive). Other than that, it's a reliable little pot and very easy to use.

Source Naturals Holy Basil Extract 450mg, 120 Capsules
Source Naturals Holy Basil Extract 450mg, 120 Capsules
Offered by Nutrition Depot
Price: $11.63
18 used & new from $10.17

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, November 5, 2012
I purchased this item because I've been feeling more stress than normal lately. I've been taking one capsule a day at lunchtime, and so far I haven't had any major panic attacks. I don't know if it's the placebo effect or what, but I'll take it!

BISSELL Cleanview Helix Upright Vacuum Cleaner, Bagless, 82H1
BISSELL Cleanview Helix Upright Vacuum Cleaner, Bagless, 82H1

5.0 out of 5 stars Satisfied, September 13, 2012
I think this vacuum was a good choice. I moved to an apartment that is 800 square feet and completely carpeted. This vacuum was very easy to put together. I've had it for over a month, and it picks up a ton of dirt. I have no trouble emptying the canister, and I haven't had any problems with the filter either.

Blackout (Newsflesh)
Blackout (Newsflesh)
by Mira Grant
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: $9.00
91 used & new from $0.53

4.0 out of 5 stars Satisfying Conclusion, May 24, 2012
I just finished Blackout after staying up all night to read it. While not as good as Feed, Blackout is miles ahead of the mediocre offering of Deadline. The return of 97% cognate Georgia Mason is much needed and welcomed even though her scenes at the CDC are sometimes hard to wrap your brain around. There are some recurring problems throughout the trilogy that prevent me from giving Blackout five stars.

1. Repetition of details. I'm assuming this is a problem with the editor because I don't understand why some details were allowed to be repeated ad nauseam. Thankfully, Coke is only mentioned twenty times in this book (as opposed to at least fifty in Feed). However, we still get several mentions of Shaun's craziness and of Georgia's aversion to white walls.

2. Length. This book did not need to be 600+ pages. My mind started to wander a bit during Shaun and Becks road trip. Although a zombie bear is somewhat amusing, I felt like the book took too many unnecessary detours.

3. Rushed reunions and ending. The most disappointing thing about the book was that I wanted more one on one scenes with Georgia and her team, and I didn't get them. George and Mahir barely got to spar. Also, I was really looking forward to a showdown between George and Becks. The ending Becks did get was a bit too convenient and allowed for George and Shaun's unique relationship to go unchallenged.

All in all, still a pretty good read and a mostly satisfying last installment to this trilogy.

Ilex China Boy & China Girl Holly Plants 3 inch pot (2 plants)
Ilex China Boy & China Girl Holly Plants 3 inch pot (2 plants)

5.0 out of 5 stars Completely Satisfied, September 16, 2011
The plants were in great shape and my mother loved getting them as a gift. I would definitely use this seller again.

Deadline (Newsflesh)
Deadline (Newsflesh)
by Mira Grant
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: $9.00
67 used & new from $0.26

4.0 out of 5 stars An enjoyable sequel. Worth the wait!, June 5, 2011
I loved Feed, the first book of the series, because of the relationship between George and Shaun. I was a bit skeptical about Deadline because I wasn't sure how the narrative would work with Shaun being the main protagonist. Now that I've finished reading, I am in awe at how well Mira Grant was able to keep their relationship alive.

At times, the pacing of Deadline was a bit slow-going (I thought the same about Feed). The only reason I rated this four stars and not five is because I think Mira has a tendency to repeat details that don't really need mentioning so many times (e.g. how the blood testing kits work, how the other members of the team are reacting to Shaun's craziness, the decontamination procedure in the shower, Shaun's affinity for coffee, the description of Coke etc).

Overall though, this is a great "zombie" series, and I can't wait for the next book to come out.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 5, 2011 1:41 PM PDT

The Hunger Games (Book 1)
The Hunger Games (Book 1)
by Suzanne Collins
Price: $6.21
2315 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy with the product I received, December 3, 2010
The book I ordered came in a timely manner and was in good condition. I would definitely use this seller again.