Profile for Jon > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 550

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jon RSS Feed (Los Angeles, CA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Acer Chromebook 11 CB3-111-C670 (11.6-inch HD, 2GB, 16GB)
Acer Chromebook 11 CB3-111-C670 (11.6-inch HD, 2GB, 16GB)
Price: $154.99
72 used & new from $139.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I had HIGH HOPES ..... and in the end ...... I WAS BLOWN AWAY WITH WHAT SUCH AN INEXPENSIVE LAPTOP CAN DO. LOVE IT., May 23, 2015
Always on a budget and my dell $300 laptop (the cheapest I could find years ago) loses races to snails on crutches. Found a one day deal for $125 (even that is tight for me) and I AM THRILLED WITH THIS CHROMEBOOK!
1. Instant Boot Up (3 seconds most)
2. Does almost everything I need (which is not much, just the internet)
3. LIGHT
4. The battery REALLY LAST ALL DAY
BEATS MY DELL LAPTOP (but anything would)

CONS:
all quirky WHY DID GOOGLE DO THAT?
1. It really pushes apps. Like other APPS I am tired of trying out 10 or more youtube apps, just to find the browser (chrome of course) works just fine.
2. There is a big empty desktop for your background pic, but you cant's put apps, shortcuts or anything on the desktop (just the bottom line)
3. I prefer firefox in general over chrome ... but small price to pay to make the effort to switch to chrome
4. ONLY 1 USB port hmmmm
3. TWO (I think) HDMI ports : regular and I think a "mini" (not micro) by the power plug
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> BUT IF YOU GET CHROMECAST FOR $29 you never need to deal with any HDMI cords at all.
4. Like the entire current state of Clouds and info gathering, EVERTHING seemes to get loaded to various places - so if you wanna see racy pics of my dog sleeping on the bed .... there are probably a dozen places you could find it. I never tried to save any. I have no life or info anyone would care about
5. THE WHITE LOOKS GREAT! But come on - it will get grimy looking in a short while.
6. Would it be that difficult or costly to have a CAPS LOCK key??? really? You can remember on of hundreds of key combos for countless keyboard shortcuts .... I don't bother.

SUM
forget all my negatives
if you are on a budget (or for kids) IT IS MORE THAN A STEAL. So far ... a month or two.

(and btw this appllies to 99% of new electronics ... but such a light notebook with a power cord and adapter that probably weighs as much as the laptop itself. still .... what you gonna do? :)

Newpoint Home Deluxe 250-Thread-Count Cotton Damask Stripe California King Mattress Pad
Price: $21.94
8 used & new from $19.99

3.0 out of 5 stars GOOD FOR BUDGET BUYERS - kinda cheaply made, but worth the low price, May 22, 2015
Good deal FOR THE PRICE but it fells and has that 'cheaper' construction choices. Top pad just barely, I mean not quite, fits the top of a California King. Plenty of side for thick mattresses, but the top (very thin and not any softness ... more like protection).

But a California King Matress Pad under $20 Can't be beat.

Flonase Allergy Relief Nasal Spray, 60 Count
Flonase Allergy Relief Nasal Spray, 60 Count
Offered by Gold Fever
Price: $11.99
21 used & new from $8.96

2.0 out of 5 stars TERRIBLE SCENT get Nasacort instead, May 22, 2015
Compared to Nasacord, this Flonase has a distinct 'scent' or 'smell' that I find very unpleasant. I think both are the same active ingredient, but I can't take the smell.

Also both nasacord and flonase worked very very well, BUT gave me terrible (bad) headaches. could be just me.

JW Pet Company Canvas Gel Barbell Toy Ball for Dogs, Small
JW Pet Company Canvas Gel Barbell Toy Ball for Dogs, Small
Price: $4.76
10 used & new from $4.52

2.0 out of 5 stars nah ..... not so good, May 21, 2015
JW Pet toys usually are the best. This one is not so good. My dog didn't get into it at all (no squeeker inside)

Orphan Black Season 1 [HD]
Orphan Black Season 1 [HD]
DVD
Price: $25.99

5.0 out of 5 stars FAVORTIE NEW SERIES, May 21, 2015
THE GREATEST NEW SERIES for the bbc/sci-fi type. Loved season 1 ..... waited .... and Season 2 finally came out .... and was as good if not even better. Season 3 is live now .... am

Swing-A-Way 407BK Portable Can Opener, Black
Swing-A-Way 407BK Portable Can Opener, Black
Offered by AG Treasures
Price: $14.95
15 used & new from $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a can opener. It's perfect so long as the price remains competitive to what you can get in the market or hardware store, May 1, 2015
Good High Quality Basic Can Opener. Good Price. No forsaking a low end can opener to save a few dollars. This is perfect and a great price.

Winix WAC5500 True HEPA Air Cleaner with PlasmaWave Technology
Winix WAC5500 True HEPA Air Cleaner with PlasmaWave Technology
Price: $189.99
41 used & new from $146.54

4.0 out of 5 stars It's good, but does anyone really need the Bells and Whistles this expensive Hepa Filiter offers?, April 30, 2015
I have purchased many Hepa Air Filters over the years. I usually go for the low end (under $50) on sale from Amazon. This was a BIG step up due to increasing allergies this year.

TO BE FRANK - YES IT WORKS. It works fine/great/no complaints (it's only been a week so for) BUT I have to say this Hepa has
- All the Bells & Whistles you never knew you wanted or needed in a hepa filter.

Both this high end, and the lower end do the same thing. They suck air in, filter through the same type of filter (though this fancy model is a much larger filter, it is nonetheless basically the same filter) and filter out the stuff, and blow the cleaner air out.

This one has a digital display, a remote, and what appears from the box "Special Hepa" filter properties.

Not really. It has a digital display (one more thing think could easily break
It has a larger filter - which much be a lot more expensive to replace
It is HUGE in size compared to the desktop models I usually get

I do not mean to give a negative review .... It is just that is is OVERSOLD with all sorts of features that either are the same as all Hepa filters, or else things your can easily live without.

Also, despite the remote, the actual buttons on the unit has those flat - plastic over a computer switch - which I then to avoid for they seem to break in long term.

Knobs/Dials and a basic smaller filter would do the same, probably last longer and not be a giant floor standing unit that takes up a lot of room.

Speed Stick Gear Body Spray, Fresh Force, 4 Ounce
Speed Stick Gear Body Spray, Fresh Force, 4 Ounce
Price: $3.40
20 used & new from $2.00

4.0 out of 5 stars STRONG but pleanant smell to cover sweaty days, April 24, 2015
I am not a spray DEODORANT (NEVER ANTIPERSPIRANT because it affects my system)

PRO: very strong not unpleasant smell to cover you if you are having a smelly day

CON: although cool looking, the can in kind of strange, and several time I sprayed it the wrong way ....

would buy again

Delta Faucet U1075-PK Universal Showering Components Diverter Tub Spout, Chrome
Delta Faucet U1075-PK Universal Showering Components Diverter Tub Spout, Chrome
Price: $17.39
22 used & new from $9.70

5.0 out of 5 stars The m,ost limited of 'handypeople' can install this GREAT faucet in no time at all., April 24, 2015
To say I know NOTHING about plumbing is an overstatement. I have a track record of messing up the simplest of plumbing tasks. THIS ONE WAS GREAT ..... Got it on in 5 minutes.

NOTE .... that was after 3 hours attempting the install the Danco 88703 Universal Tub Spout with Diverter , which I also bought. I planned on returning the one I liked less. Well didn't return the Danco since there was only half broken pieces and many of the included adapters were lost, down the drain ... I don't know .... 3 horrific hours.

After giving up, I had no choice but to try again. THE DELTA went on in 5 minutes.

ES Task Manager
ES Task Manager
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME APP, April 3, 2015
This review is from: ES Task Manager (App)
This app seemed just another file manager. It is ...

BUT IT IS SOMEWHAT MUCH MORE!

Probably top 10 or that top 5 MUST HAVE app