Profile for Reuben Roa > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 105

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Reuben Roa RSS Feed (Murrieta, CA United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
Transplants
Transplants
Price: $9.99
86 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Tim saved Travis!, October 27, 2002
This review is from: Transplants (Audio CD)
Oh my god! I have been waiting for this album for over a year now! Itis a totally different kind of music than I have ever heard, it kicks ass. I think Tim Armstrong took a big risk of losing fans with making such a different sound, but I love it. This is the only album I have that you have the option of either dancing or moshing to. Travis is finally something else besides a TRL pleaser. Only thing I don't like is Tim with a shaved head. I actually prefer him with a mohawk, thats sad. HAHA!

Baby's Got a Temper
Baby's Got a Temper
19 used & new from $2.51

2.0 out of 5 stars The album better be better, October 3, 2002
This review is from: Baby's Got a Temper (Audio CD)
This song was ok, but if that is what the whole album will sound like I will be pissed. They take a five year break and come up with this for a first single? Considering the time they have had, this song is a disgrace. I am thankful for the instrumental version cuz Keiths singing in it ruins the whole thing.

Free City
Free City
Offered by CDWarehouseOnline
Price: $7.34
93 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars The more members the better!, September 15, 2002
This review is from: Free City (Audio CD)
This is just one of the many albums that prove that popular artists are much better with a group than solo. I mean you got Method Man with Wu-Tang, Dre with NWA, Busta with Tribe Called quest(well used to be), Eminem with D-12, and the list goes on. This album killed Country Grammar. Nelly didn't take it over on the album, everyone in the group had a fair share. It gave the rest of the group a chance to be heard and have their talent recognized. This album didn't sell as much as Country Grammar or Nellyville, but in my opinion it was the best of the three. I hope to hear more from this group in the future.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Soooo much better than I expected!, July 31, 2002
I was bored one night so me and my friend saw this. I thought it would blow, considering the flop of Jason X, and its like the millionth episode. But it kept you on the edge of your seat the whole time. Some gorry deaths, a necessary sex scene, and lots of suspense. It didn't eplain enough how Jaimie Lee killed the wrong person, but it was cool. Everyone in the theatre was either screaming(girls) or cheering(guys), especially when that blonde chick was smoking a bong, lol. The only thing that bugged me is that she died in the first twenty minutes. but considering Michael has survived a bunch of deaths, she can too. But if they make another one and Jaime isn't in it, then I won't waste my money cuz it will definitley suck.

Box Car Racer
Box Car Racer
Price: $7.39
88 used & new from $0.81

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, different, but good, July 31, 2002
This review is from: Box Car Racer (Audio CD)
For anyone who doesn't have the album, don't buy this expecting Blink style. If it compares to Blink, then think of Adams Song, or stay together for the kids. The whole album is mellow, accept for my first punk song, which had energy I didn't know Tom was capable of. Mark does have a guest appearance on it, as well as Tim Armstrong of Rancid, which added another star to the rating. I think Tims appearance was just a wink to Travis saying thanks for joining their new band, the Transplants. I would expect for most to get tired of this cd after listening to it more than three or four times.

Orange County
Orange County
DVD ~ Colin Hanks
Offered by Big_Box_Bargains
Price: $5.47
311 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars What more could you want?, July 15, 2002
This review is from: Orange County (DVD)
You got the perfect location,...girls, kick ... funny Jack Black, and some surf bums. Now what else could you possibly ask for in a movie? About a guy who takes the death of his friend way too seriously but in the end finds out what is really important. The whole time I was watching this I was just thinking in my head how jealous I was cuz I wanted to live like that. Anyone who likes a fun movie about having fun and learning how important your friends are, needs to see this.

Groove (Special Edition)
Groove (Special Edition)
DVD ~ Chris Ferreira
Offered by Achilles' Reel
Price: $33.94
39 used & new from $3.34

5.0 out of 5 stars So simple, yet so brilliant, June 24, 2002
This review is from: Groove (Special Edition) (DVD)
No story, no good or bad guys, just people having a friggin good time. About a rave that takes place in an abandoned warehouse in San Fransisco. And that being said there is definitley some gay people in it, which makes the movie both funny and ironic. People fall in love, which I thought was dumb, but it didn't take the excitment away. The only setback is it could have been longer. Only about an hour and fifteen minutes or so. But still an amazing movie.

Slackers
Slackers
DVD ~ Devon Sawa
Offered by Shaqsnow
Price: $12.99
104 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious, and crude, June 24, 2002
This review is from: Slackers (DVD)
This is one of those movies that once again proves that the simpler it is, the better it is. Basically you got three buddies that have never done anything honestly, a hot girl, and a freak who collects the hot girls hair and forms it into a doll. And by the end of the movie, everybody learns their own lesson about life, love, and being a psycho. I definitley recommend this one.

Out Cold
Out Cold
DVD ~ Flex Alexander
Offered by ACE MEDIA DIRECT
Price: $12.95
43 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Genious, thats all you can say, June 12, 2002
This review is from: Out Cold (DVD)
What better way can you make a movie than to base it on crazy people having a good time? Then to cap it off it revolves around snowboarding! This is a non stop laugh fest, with hardly little, if any romantic twist to ruin it. It definitley ties in to the teen movie genre but without all the romance, just having fun. All the stuff they do to the guy with the beard is hilarious! Go out and buy this one, you won't regret it.

10 Things I Hate About You
10 Things I Hate About You
DVD ~ Julia Stiles
Offered by Bridge Records Eire
Price: $11.99
72 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent music!, June 11, 2002
This review is from: 10 Things I Hate About You (DVD)
This, like every other teen movie, is predictable from the start. But it also adds a couple things to keep you focused. One ex-miss popularity girl is now the outkast of the school, and her sister is the opposite. Then their dad forces them to cooperate with each other, and when they actually do its scares the hell out of him. Meanwhile the loser jock/model sets up a guy for the outkast so he can date her sister and ends up teaching everyone a lesson in love. This movie introduced me to now one of my fav bands Letters to Cleo, and also has Save Ferris, Barenaked Ladies, and others that make the movie twice as exciting.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11