Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro
Profile for Reuben Roa > Reviews

Browse

Reuben Roa's Profile

Customer Reviews: 108

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Reuben Roa RSS Feed (Murrieta, CA United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End - PlayStation 4
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End - PlayStation 4
Price: $54.00
147 used & new from $34.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolute masterpiece, in every way, May 31, 2016
This will without a doubt be a huge competitor for best game of this generation. The gameplay, story, and visuals were all stepped up tremendously to deliver one heck of a breathtaking experience. If you have any doubts just browse through the 1 star reviews and see how desperate they sound. There is just little to no room for criticism here. It has been a common trend to label uncharted 2 the best in the series, but now most of the people that were on that bandwagon have humbled themselves and labeled 4 the clear best in the series. There is so much more passion and depth with the characters in this story and the additions to the gameplay mechanics were just the perfect cherry on top of this amazing experience. If you loved this series you would be doing yourself a huge disservice to stall on buying this game. I now just feel bad for any developers who have to attempt to live up to the standard that naughty dog has set once again.

Call of Duty: Ghosts - PlayStation 4
Call of Duty: Ghosts - PlayStation 4
Offered by Electronics Club
Price: $14.28
338 used & new from $5.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent addition, May 2, 2016
I've hated this franchise for years, but lately I've been warming up to these generic titles as a time killer. I found this one pretty good. I'll be honest, having played quite a few of these games I have no clue how people decipher what is a good or bad entry. This had good scenery, good action, decent storyline, about on par with the 'amazing' modern warfare. I don't play online and from what I understand that is the heaviest fan appeal for these games but as far as campaigns go this one did just fine. I guess it didn't hurt that I got it for 20 dollars on the psn sale but either way I think it holds up with the rest.

Compton
Compton
Price: $13.49
91 used & new from $2.79

4.0 out of 5 stars I'm torn..., November 11, 2015
This review is from: Compton (Audio CD)
Ok, I'm on both sides of the fence with this one. I get through this album, arguably the most anticipated record in hip hop history, and I'm left puzzled. I mean, who is this guy rapping here? When 2001 came out the span between The Chronic and that seemed like an eternity. With this one, he not only doubled the wait time but announced his Detox album in the works over ten years ago then follows with excuses after excuses why it's not coming out yet, then throws the white flag saying the project is dead, then surprises everyone with this new album under a different name. And right at the start of the record I knew so much had changed about him.
Right at the beginning you can just smell the insecurity seeping through him. His new voice sounds like a mix between Master P and Lil Wayne, I had to listen a couple time to even register that it was indeed him rapping, leaving me wondering what the heck he was trying to prove. Or adding in skits like the one at the end of 'Loose Cannons' just presenting how much Eminems vulgarity and the fans approval of it has rubbed off on him.
What I see in this album is a man who is not satisfied with his career by itself and felt like he had something to prove. Yes, bringing Eminem into the world is the most explosive thing you've done in 20 years, but so what? When it comes to west coast hip hop you still cannot complete a sentence without acknowledging Dre as main founder and that should be enough. At your age, with your accomplishments, and especially your income you should be more than satisfied and have just given the fans the sentimental Chronic part 3 that they were dreaming of.
The reason I'm giving this album a very generous 4 stars is the production value, after all that is how he has managed to stay relevant for this long. It still feels like Dre, even though an uneducated ear wouldn't get it I definitely did. 'It's all on me' was my standout track, definitely felt like the Dre I grew up with.
The more I replay this album the more content I become with it. Partially accepting that time just changes any person and partially just acceptin that he's too old and successful to care anymore. Take from this album what you will, hopefully you can adopt my optimism while listening to it the first time.

Red Matte Front Replacement Housing Shell Case Cover Compatible for PlayStation PS 4 PS4 Controller DualShock 4
Offered by Junsi Electronics
Price: $6.28

1.0 out of 5 stars not the matte dull color that was shown in the picture, June 5, 2015
Received a shiny glossy shell, not the matte dull color that was shown in the picture. Never buying from this seller again

Halloween III: Season of the Witch (Collector's Edition) [Blu-ray]
Halloween III: Season of the Witch (Collector's Edition) [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Tom Atkins
Offered by MightySilver
Price: $18.71
32 used & new from $11.09

5.0 out of 5 stars I admit it, I was wrong, October 21, 2014
Over the years I've watched the Halloween movies more times than I can count. While most of them were not amazing, when it comes to slasher franchises few have even come close. But up until I picked up the box set I had completely written off season of the witch as a huge mistake. I watched it once years ago just to be able to say I've watched them all. But I went in with a bad attitude and the ever popular ignorant mindset of 'oh Michael Myers isn't in this it has to stink'. And that's exactly how I walked away from it and never watched it again. Fast forward all these years to the release of the box set and after doing my research on why Michael Myers wasn't the killer and John Carpenter's original intent for the franchise I watched it again with a much more open mind. And boy was I wrong, this movie is great. I wont trouble you with a whole synopsis that you can look up yourself but just understand its executed perfectly. This film is more worthy of the title of the franchise than any of the others as it completely focuses on the occasion. The villain is just as emotionless as Michael Myers was only hes not hiding behind a mask to make the presentation easier. If John Carpenter went through with his original intention to make the Halloween franchise a different story with different characters in every entry it would be considered a huge classic by now and not lumped in to the likes of Freddy and Jason. Its tragic that this movie didn't get the attention it deserved, with much luck the people who own it with box set will give it a second chance.

Godzilla (Blu-ray)
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
DVD ~ Aaron Taylor-Johnson
Offered by SOUTHWEST MEDIA
Price: $8.98
99 used & new from $3.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Just read the one star reviews, it explains itself, September 21, 2014
This review is from: Godzilla (Blu-ray) (Blu-ray)
As I scroll through the one star reviews I see a very heavy consistency, it seems people wanted Matthew Broderick back. Because what people who give these halfhearted weakly composed essays all seem to say is they want more lizard action and less talking. The utter nature of why so many movies are being rebooted is because Hollywood producers are realizing they had no clue what they were doing in the last 20 years and now understand that they need to put some thought into the script to make a movie worth seeing. They are seeing that simply having lots of explosions doesnt make an action movie good. This movie has a good back story, and good motive for why out of nowhere this huge lizard surfaces after millions of years. If you want mindless nonsense go buy the one with p diddy on the soundtrack as that more than likely will suffice but this one has a good plot and backstory to keep anyone with half a brain interested in what happens next. So the main point to walk away with is this version was an actual movie, not a fictional documentary on a huge reptile who likes to destroy stuff. What matters more is up to you.

Black Swan [Blu-ray]
Black Swan [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Natalie Portman
Price: $8.63
78 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, the hatred is laughable, August 4, 2014
This review is from: Black Swan [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
As a person who knows nothing nor cares to know anything about ballet I had zero interest in seeing this. But to be a supportive husband I watched it with my wife and walked away with my jaw completely dropped. This has to be one of the most brilliant movies I've seen in a very long time. If you pay attention to the dialogue as well as the progressively abstract scenes, you see how the whole theme of the ballet meshes perfectly with Natalie Portman character development. If you dont pay close attention you start to lose grip of what's real and what isn't, and that perfectly molded aspect of this movie is what helped it to be nothing short of a masterpiece.
If you wanted to simply see an uninspired movie simply about ballet dancing go waste your time with center stage or something of that caliber. But if you're open minded to seeing something unique and brilliant you would be doing yourself a disservice in skipping this one. Just read most of the one star reviews for yourself, nearly all of the explanations to why they thought this movie was bad were completely absurd and all missed the whole point of the movie. It would be like someone giving Jurassic park a one star because they hate dinosaurs, it makes no sense. I can't stress enough just how much I recommend this masterpiece to anyone with half a brain and likes movies that mess with their head, just amazing.

Friday The 13Th Part VIII: Jason T
Friday The 13Th Part VIII: Jason T
DVD ~ Jensen Daggett
Price: $4.99
31 used & new from $1.25

5.0 out of 5 stars first is needs to be noted that if you watched the seven movies before this one and you're still here then you only have yoursel, July 10, 2014
Lol ok, first is needs to be noted that if you watched the seven movies before this one and you're still here then you only have yourself to blame if you hated it. That being said, yes this is an awful film. Im not really sure what happened to movies from the mid 1980's to the early 1990's but most of them were just atrocious, and there is no better prime example of this than Jason takes Manhattan. So why am I giving it 5 stars? First off, if you've watched the rest of the movies before this you'll realize that none of them are really that good, and as far as I see they were never intended to be. Heck even the guy who started this whole franchise will proudly admit to you that this series began with intentions of directly ripping off Halloween. But thats what makes it so great, you know its not gonna be scary, you know how horrible the acting is, and you can't get enough of it. This one however takes th cake, it is REALLY bad. The horrible cheesy music and neon lightning effects from the 80s were done to a full cliche fashion. Jason just pop's out of nowhere, and no matter how far away you seem to get hes still standing there waiting for you. The style of killing got so much worse from the previous entries, I swear you could almost see cast members shadows in the back waiting to throw red paint against the wall as a blood splatter. Just keep in mind that you can't take it seriously and be prepared to laugh a lot and you should be able to get through this one.

Halloween Complete Coll Bd V2 [Blu-ray]
Halloween Complete Coll Bd V2 [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Jamie Lee Curtis
Price: $65.69
42 used & new from $38.40

5.0 out of 5 stars It finally happened, May 24, 2014
After YEARS of waiting, speculating, and flat out losing my mind that this box set hadn't happened yet its finally coming. This has by far been my favorite horror franchise and in one form or another I've owned all of them. But getting impatient I was heavily considering buying them individually on blu ray because I was tired of waiting for the box set. This news couldn't have come at a better time. Of course I have pre ordered the limited deluxe edition with enough content to keep me entertained for six months, and it's worth every penny. I absolutely cannot wait to have all of Michael Myers terrors in one package it is a dream come true

The Pirate Fairy (Blu-ray / DVD + Digital Copy)
The Pirate Fairy (Blu-ray / DVD + Digital Copy)
DVD ~ Mae Whitman
Price: $13.99
61 used & new from $1.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally coming together, April 10, 2014
Being that the original Peter Pan was by far my favorite Disney movie of all time made this new branch of tinker bell movies particularly intriguing. But if there was a single thing you could criticize the original for was that the story didn't really have a beginning or an end, just vague history that is briefly touched on. And after four entries into this tinker bell franchise with I and no doubt many others wondering what any of this has to do with the original we now finally have a story line that makes sense. I really hope they continue to thread together this franchise and incorporate it with the classic story that made all of us love tinker bell to begin with.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11