Profile for Daniel A Lorek > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 9

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Daniel A Lorek RSS Feed (San Diego, CA United States)

ARCTIC Sound ORACO-ERM28-GBA01 Headphones P311 (Black and Gray) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by Platinum Micro, Inc.
Price: $24.95
24 used & new from $13.49

5.0 out of 5 stars I wish every product was this great of a value, April 12, 2013
I've been using these for well over a year and cannot believe how well they function for the price I paid. I've owned expensive options from Motorola that always end up failing after a year or so in tough environments, but someone these have continued to work without issue!

Also, the battery life is just incredible... the Motorola (and most others) usually have several hour ranges for battery life at the most and these someone can go through a whole week of 5-6 hours per day. They are a little funny looking though since they are a bit larger than some of the other options with a low profile design.

Feedback Sports Bicycle Storage Stand
Feedback Sports Bicycle Storage Stand
Price: $36.95
10 used & new from $31.83

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid Stand, April 12, 2013
I really like these stands, they are convenient as I can put my bike anywhere I please and know it is secure. The only issue I have is that my downhill bike has a hard time fitting into them (2.4 tires).

MagicShine Improved 2011 MJ-828 4.4AH Li-ion Battery with LCD Capacity Display
MagicShine Improved 2011 MJ-828 4.4AH Li-ion Battery with LCD Capacity Display
Offered by Performance Outdoor Gear
Price: $44.95
3 used & new from $39.96

3.0 out of 5 stars I was expecting a bit more..., April 12, 2013
I was under the impression this was a housing with 4 18650 cells mounted in the battery holder via springs that could be changed out... it's actually just a normal battery pack (black wrap, fully contained) like the cheap options stuffed inside the housing.

My plan was that when the cells die, I just order four more cells and drop them in without soldering. I know this was an assumption, but I wanted to provide this information in the event someone else is thinking the same thing. You'd probably be better off just buying one of the cheaper battery packs for the half the price.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 4, 2013 10:27 PM PDT

ContourROAM Hands-free HD Camcorder
ContourROAM Hands-free HD Camcorder
Offered by Electronics Basket
Price: $199.00
15 used & new from $67.89

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't believe the marketing hype..., September 21, 2011
I've only used the camera a couple of times so far... the first of which was during a consistent light rain while mountain biking out on the trails here in the Pacific Northwest. In the product description you'll find a whole paragraph describing how this unit is "super tough" and how the "ContourROAM is made to withstand encounters with everything from eating mud puddles", etc. After one outing in not super tough conditions I wound up with the front glass (or plastic, not sure what it's made of) having scratches in it from me wiping it clear while riding down the trail so that I could film.

This is not a huge deal for me as most surfaces will scratch when rubbed with wet dirt, fine, I get that. So, I contacted Contour describing what happened and asked if I could order some replacement glass for the front or if the existing lens refresh kits would work. Here's the reply from Contour:

There are currently no replacement lenses available. I'm told that opening the ROAM camera will lose it's waterproof rating and thus void the warranty. The ROAM does however come with a protective lens cap for when the camera is not in use.
We do hope to have a different scratched lens solution for the ROAM that does not void the warranty in the near future. Thank you for being patient.

A different scratched lens solution? Sounds like there is no lens scratch solution so buyer beware.

I am pleased with the video quality but think the HD model with the 60fps mode would have been a better choice specially when you can find them for 40% cheaper than this non-serviceable model. There's a reason why the GoPro's are so successful.
Comment Comments (27) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 22, 2013 12:15 AM PDT

ViewSonic VX2250WM-LED 22-Inch (21.5-Inch Vis) Widescreen Full HD 1080p LED Monitor with Integrated Stereo Speakers
Offered by BinkieMelane
6 used & new from $100.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value for the money, October 26, 2010
I purchased this monitor as an extended display for my laptop when docked in its station.

Price was a major concern of mine, but I also wanted one of the more environmentally friendly LED monitors. I can say I'm very impressed with the display quality and build and find it a great value. Notice I keep mentioning cost and value? This is because if this was a more expensive monitor it's marks would adjust accordingly. Here's why:

1. The monitor only tilts forward and back... there is no ability to slide it up or down on the stand so you need something under it to raise it to eye level if your desk isn't very tall.
2. The colors get distorted when viewed from >40ish degrees left or right.

I would have preferred ViewSonic omitting the speakers and including an HDMI connection instead.

Overall I would recommend this product and would purchase it again.

HP xb4 Notebook Media Docking Station
HP xb4 Notebook Media Docking Station
5 used & new from $115.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the trick..., October 26, 2010
The product does what I expected and is easy to setup... it's really nice just making one connection to my laptop and having a full office setup like a desktop.

Some of the things I don't like:
1. Sound above about 40% starts to sound like the speaker is hitting something in the housing making a very distorted sound.
2. Sound above about 50% causes rolling lines in my external LED display that is connected via an analog VGA connection.
3. Did not come with a power supply (seriously??)

Phoenix R/C Pro Simulator ver.2.5 RTM2500
Phoenix R/C Pro Simulator ver.2.5 RTM2500

4.0 out of 5 stars Saving me a ton of cash, October 26, 2010
Previously I used Realflight G3.5 but purchased this after losing the RF controller in a move. All I can say is I'm much happier with this product over the RF. The automatic updates are REALLY nice so you don't get nickel-and-dimed to death and I like using my own controller as well. The physics are very good and it looks to be a higher detail than the other (older) simulator while still running better on my PC. BTW, this is all with an emphasis on helis.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Nothing out of the ordinary, but as expected..., October 9, 2010
The bands I received each had individual handles, which in my opinion is better than having to swap handles as some other reviewers stated they had. Also, I did not get a storage bag nor did I get the "Excercise Manual". Each band came in a small plastic bag and they were dropped into a box and shipped out to me. Speaking of shipping, I was informed by the postal service that I owed $1.77 more as the sender only paid for 1lb and the actual weight was almost 1 lbs 14oz (we weighed it). I thought this was a bit shady and they should be aware what their shipments weigh. So, if this was an effort to appear cheaper on Amazon compared to other vendors of the same product, I'd be a bit dissapointed. Anyhow, something to be possibly aware of. Other than that, they're rubber bands with handles, just like I expected.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor products, coupled with poor service!, October 21, 2003
I noticed you have a link to Performanceproducts.com on your site and wanted to let you know about the service I have received from them. Recently I purchased a set of Sway-A-Way coil over shocks for about $800 for my Tundra. When I received them, one of them was new and shinny and the other was used; The anodized finish was scratched, spring dull and covered with grease, and rusted hardware. It clearly had been installed on a vehicle and used for some time. I called their customer service and asked to speak to a manager. His name was Mike Collier and he didn't seem even the slightest concerned with the situation. Needless to say, I realized it was hopeless and mentioned I wanted to return my order and was told they would send me a shipping label to my shipping address... click. This service is unacceptable and thought that since you are promoting for them you should be made aware.