Profile for Lee > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 29

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Lee RSS Feed (Windber, PA USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
DIRECTV R15 Receiver/Digital Video Recorder--Up to 100 Hours- may require 2 YEAR extension of contract,monthly fees will apply by DirectTV, may also require to be activated as a "Leased Receiver" as per DirecTV policy change"
14 used & new from $14.00

4.0 out of 5 stars NO PROBLEMS HERE, July 2, 2008
We've been using the R15 for more than a year and have had very, very few problems with it. As has been already said, the naysayers giving this product 1 star should learn how to oh, I don't know, READ THE MANUAL before they complain about a problem that's easily fixed. And this is not the forum to be airing gripes against DirecTV customer service in general, it's supposed to be about this DVR.

Anyway...

I personally found the service and remote to be rather intuitive. I don't believe I referred to the manual more than once the first day we had it.

The only recent problem I have had more than once is with NASCAR Hot Pass. There are times when the video simply freezes and I have to cold boot the device. It doesn't happen all the time, but enough to make note of it. If it was truly problematic, however, I would call DirecTV but rebooting the DVR is something I can live with. If it gets to the point where I have to do it more than once a race, then I'll call.

My two cents is that this is a good product that does what it advertises.

Sterling Silver Narrow Cross Pendant, 18"
Sterling Silver Narrow Cross Pendant, 18"

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, but flimsy chain, May 31, 2008
The cross is absolutely beautiful because the silver simply gleams. It is highly polished and all the corners are gently burnished so there are no sharp edges.

The size and style makes it very appropriate to be worn by either a man or woman, however the chain is extremely feminine and very flimsy. I'm purchasing a separate 24" chain for it to replace the one that came with it.

Jell-O Sugar-Free Instant Pudding & Pie Filling, Chocolate, 2.1-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 24)
Offered by Please and Thank You LLC
Price: $61.71
3 used & new from $54.99

5.0 out of 5 stars ALMOST TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, February 29, 2008
This sugar free, fat free pudding is amazingly good! Even made with fat free milk, it's still very chocolatey, thick and rich tasting. I'm addicted to this stuff.

It also fits in very well with the Weight Watchers points program. One serving is only 1 point! Top it with fat free whipped topping and it doesn't change the points. Seriously-- for those of you that crave chocolate and are watching your weight, you need this product.

The only thing I find scary is that I think this is even better tasting than the regular pudding!

Propet Women's W3851 Wash & Wear Slip-On
Propet Women's W3851 Wash & Wear Slip-On
Price: $37.99 - $79.99

5.0 out of 5 stars SO COMFORTABLE!, February 16, 2008
I've been wearing these Propet slip-ons for a few years now, and they are by far the most comfortable shoes I own. I spend a lot of time on my feet most days and these feel great. They are extremely light-weight and clean up well. As someone else said, I prefer a wider width and these are a true size. Unlike other types of slip-on shoes I've tried, too, these slide on very smoothly-- your socks won't get "stuck" or bunch up around your foot. I bought a pair for my husband last year and these are also his favorite shoes.

Homedics QRM-400H Therapist Select Quad-Roller Massaging Cushion with Heat
Homedics QRM-400H Therapist Select Quad-Roller Massaging Cushion with Heat
Offered by Firefly Buys
Price: $179.98

2.0 out of 5 stars NOT RELAXING, January 15, 2008
This is totally not what I expected. I had 'demoed' shiatsu massagers such as this in stores and liked the few minutes that I used them. But I was not prepared for this monster.

First, it is large and quite heavy and the massager is actually encased in a hard plastic shell. This makes it rigid and, unlike vibrating massage pads I've had in the past, cannot conform to your body easily.

Second, it's loud. It sounds like a can opener running. This is advertised as being appropriate for office use, but if a co-worker was using one of these things, that would start a war because listening to this thing running all day would drive me violent. When I used it I had to bump up the TV volume three notches and usually still watched it with closed captioning on, too. My husband tried it for three minutes, griped that he couldn't hear the TV, and then went upstairs to watch his show.

Third, the rollers are hard plastic shielded by nothing more than a very thin net material over them, and the instructions clearly state that *nothing* should be placed between you and the massager. They also glow bright blue even when the unit is turned off. Neat-o if you're fourteen and into Battlestar Gallactica, but not so neat-o if your house decor is Early American. The rollers are rough against the back, too, and don't even think about trying to lie down on it unless you have a sado-masochistic wish to cripple yourself.

Fourth, I bought this mainly for upper back and neck use. I'm not tall (5'5") but in order to get a decent massage against my neck, I have to slouch down into the unit because the rollers really only go as high as mid-shoulder blade. Well, if you sit like that then the rollers can't reach your lower back because you are sitting too far away from the device. And then your lower back hurts from slouching. Yikes.

Fifth, it's bulky. Not easy to store anywhere unless you've got a lot of room in your closet. And because the back of the thing is hard plastic, don't think you can wiggle it in between the ironing board and vacuum.

On the plus side: it does have a nice, long power cord. And the remote offers two modes-- shiatsu and rolling. The shiatsu setting also allows you to target the rollers in one spot which can feel pretty good for as long as you can stand it.

I've had this massager for a week and actually found myself hurting today. I was careful to use it only as directed but this is not soothing in the least. I just requested a return receipt from Amazon and because this product is not fulfilling my expectations, they are supposedly going to let me ship it back free of charge.

Sony MDR-IF240RK Wireless Headphone System
Sony MDR-IF240RK Wireless Headphone System
6 used & new from $74.99

4.0 out of 5 stars WORKS AS ADVERTISED, January 5, 2008
I bought these for my 73-year-old mother for Christmas... she and my father get into "remote wars" every evening with their respective TV sets that are in adjacent rooms. She can't hear her TV over his so raises the volume which, in turn, causes my father to retaliate. I've already gone over to visit and could hear the windows rattling-- from outside the house.

So I bought these for her based on the reviews on Amazon when she happened to mention buying ones for herself out of sheer desperation. I used them myself for an entire day before I wrapped and gave them to her. She was thrilled and has been using them regularly. They are pretty clear-- as others have said, if you get hissing noise, use the volume control on the TV or stereo rather than on the headphones, it makes a great difference.

The only negative is that the remote signal is pretty weak-- as soon as you step out of sight of the transmitter, you lose the signal completely. Still, they are very comfortable to wear and the sound quality is very good.

Thanks to these headphones, the remote wars are over!

Confidence Fitness Space Saving X Bike
Confidence Fitness Space Saving X Bike
Offered by Shop 247 USA
Price: $250.00
3 used & new from $99.99

4.0 out of 5 stars RIDE ON!, May 15, 2007
After considerable research, I decided on this bike for the following reasons:

1. Amazon reviewers rated it highly.
2. Portable and foldable... takes up a small amount of space.
3. I didn't want to spend a fortune in case this turns into a clothes rack in three months.

PROS:

1. Easily assembled... my husband and I put this together in about 30 minutes.
2. Virtually noiseless. If you live in an apartment or with other people, they'll never know you're using it.
3. Smooth pedal movement.
4. Easily reachable tension adjustment.
5. Monitor will continuously scan all the modes (time pedaling, distance travelled, MPH, calories burned) or you can fix it on one mode. Display is rather large and easy to read.
6. Easily moveable between rooms.
7. Great price for a folding bike.

CONS:

1. *HARD* seat... I'm buying a gel pad.
2. Unlighted monitor. In a dim room, it's very hard to read.
3. Someone else said they thought the seat was too high. At 5'5" in my stocking feet, I wish it was capable of dropping down a couple more inches, too.

*********UPDATE**********

Here it is, March 25 2008, nearly a year later, and I'm still using the bike and loving it. I'm up to tension level 5 and there are 5 more levels to go. I don't know if I'll ever be able to actually ride at level 10, but it's something to shoot for.

The bike is still performing really well. No change in noise level, it's still whisper quiet. Monitor has had no problems, either. The gel pad definitely helps! This product is still entirely worth the money.
Comment Comments (9) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 13, 2014 3:18 PM PDT

Logitech Optical Mouse- Black
Logitech Optical Mouse- Black

5.0 out of 5 stars LOGITECH- ALWAYS A WINNER, April 1, 2007
This is not my first Logitech mouse purchase... it's probably my fifth or sixth in the last few years and have these installed on a lot of different computers. I've been in the IT field for a long time and when it comes to choosing optical mice, it's only ever Logitech.

Good fit, good movement, always reliable, great price. I've never experienced a driver conflict with any of the operating systems I use these with, and all the mice that I've purchased are still working well.

Great value, great product, would recommend Logitech without a second thought.

Garmin eTrex Vista Cx Waterproof Hiking GPS
Garmin eTrex Vista Cx Waterproof Hiking GPS
Offered by Electromax
Price: $289.99
6 used & new from $83.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A NEWBIE WHO LOVES HER VISTA!, September 29, 2006
This is my first GPS unit that I bought in June 2006 after discovering the wonderful world of geocaching. Having zero experience with GPS, I spent a couple months researching devices and, most importantly, reading what other users were saying about their hand-held units. The short of it was that after all the info I had gathered, I decided on the Vista CX. It's a middle-of-the-road GPS unit-- I didn't want to go too cheap and end up having to update 6 months later, but I couldn't affort 700 or 800 dollars, either. This device fits perfectly.

I use it constantly and have to say that I drive my husband nuts when we're on trips (I now have it with me at all times), but I'm just *amazed*.... it tells you moving speed, moving average, altitude, time stopped, time driving, direction, time of day, sunrise, sunset, best times to fish and hunt, and a hundred other things you'd ever want to know about where you are in the world. We vacationed in Ocean City, MD this spring and I was just in awe-- we took a boat tour of the bay and sure enough, all the channel markers we passed were on the GPS! And that was just using the free built-in software that came with the unit! In short, this is a heck of a lot of fun and I would recommend this to anyone.

I found that I got pretty savvy with it just by using it... I really didn't use the manual all that much after the first hour or so.

I can't think of any reason you'd buy this and wouldn't use it... it's a constant source of amazement. What I'm finding most frustrating, however, is deciding what kind of street-level software to buy-- there seems to be a difference of opinion in the GPS community when it comes to City Navigator or City Select. Well, I'll just keep researching until I make up my mind.

Another really great thing is that standard alkaline batteries last a really long time-- I've had my unit on constantly for over 7 hours and used only one bar on the battery meter... another great selling point in my opinion.

West Point Stevens Middlebury Queen Bed in a Bag
West Point Stevens Middlebury Queen Bed in a Bag

2.0 out of 5 stars YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR, January 23, 2006
The bedskirt was literally coming apart at the seams, and to say that the material to which it was attached was like paper would be an insult to paper everywhere (actually, I think paper would be more durable than this skirt). The material is the cheapest, flimsiest quality I think I've ever encountered. I realize that the thread count is only 180, but you can exfoliate while you sleep, the texture is that scratchy.

Had I paid more, I would have returned it, but the comforter and shams(while exceedingly thin) were in a pattern I wanted so I kept it. I pinned the bedskirt to the box springs because it kept pulling apart at the seams.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3