Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Fifth Harmony Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS
Profile for Emma Wellington > Reviews

Browse

Emma Wellington's Profile

Customer Reviews: 154

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Emma Wellington "literature lover" RSS Feed (CA, USA)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16
Dyson Pure Cool Link Air Purifier, White
Dyson Pure Cool Link Air Purifier, White
Price: $499.99
8 used & new from $479.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this Purified!, May 6, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
As someone with seasonal allergies and currently dealing with hot flashes, this air purifier is the BEST in that it solves two problems at the same time. The purification has made a big difference in my allergies. Before it arrived, I was spending most of the day sneezing and rubbing my eyes. Now that I have it next to my desk, I am only sneezing rarely and my eyes aren't itching at all. While it is keeping the pollen out of the air, it is also circulating cool air around me and the closer we get to summer, the better this will be. Luckily it is very quiet, so I don't have any trouble talking on the phone with it on high, and the ability to keep it still or let it oscillate also comes in handy depending on how much air I want directed at me. The remote makes it really easy to turn on the second a hot flash starts without getting distracted from whatever I am working on. I am so happy with it, I will be buying an additional one for my bedroom to keep the pollen and pet dander under control while I sleep.

Fatal Pursuit: A novel (Bruno, Chief of Police Series)
Fatal Pursuit: A novel (Bruno, Chief of Police Series)
by Martin Walker
Price: $19.74

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Read, But Not My Favorite, May 6, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have been a fan of the Bruno Chief of Police books since reading the first one in the series several years ago. I always look forward to the next installment so I can settle in and catch up with all of the various characters from St. Denis. While I enjoyed this book, it wasn't my favorite. There was nothing really wrong with it, but it was missing that something extra that won't let you put it down. However a new character was introduced, a young boy named Felix, who I am looking forward to reading about in the next book and following along with his progress at Pamela's riding school.

Sabatier Olive Wood Basting Brush, 12"
Sabatier Olive Wood Basting Brush, 12"
Price: $11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Baster Yet, April 20, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is currently my favorite kitchen tool! I have always heard good things about Sabatier products but never owned any myself. When I saw this baster on the Amazon Vine list I decided to try it and see for myself. I wasn't disappointed. The 12" handle is a great length for reaching into the oven and it is thick enough and sturdy enough as to be really comfortable and secure in my hand. An added bonus is the fact that the handle is made of olive wood so the pattern is beautiful to look at as well. Unlike all of the standard bristle basters that I have owned over the years, this one has the head and bristles made out of a single piece of silicone so there is no more risk of bristles falling off into my food which I really like. Also the bristles are really well spaced which allows it to pick up a good amount of liquid and hold on to it which makes the job of basting go much quicker. I am a new fan of Sabatier and will be looking for more of their products to add to my kitchen.

Only in Naples: Lessons in Food and Famiglia from My Italian Mother-in-Law
Only in Naples: Lessons in Food and Famiglia from My Italian Mother-in-Law
by Katherine Wilson
Price: $16.48
72 used & new from $10.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A Charming Italian Love Story and More, April 20, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Only in Naples is the story of a privileged American following a family tradition of going abroad following college graduation. Katherine Wilson (of the Wilson sporting goods family) decides to spend her time in Naples, a place she has never been. After landing a job in the consulate, Katherine packs up and heads to Italy for her big adventure. Luckily for her, she ends up not only getting to know Naples and the rich Italian culture, but also meeting the man who will become her husband and his wonderful family. As Katherine and Salvatore get to know each other, she is also getting to know his wonderful mom Raffaella. Salvatore is in the process of studying to become a lawyer so while he is hard at work learning the law, Katherine spends many happy hours with Raffaella learning to cook, shop, and speak in the Neapolitan way. This is more than a traditional love story between two people, instead it chronicles Katherine's life as she begins to figure out who she is and what she wants to do while falling in love with not only Salvatore, but his family, his country and especially Naples. As an added bonus there is a lot of discussion about amazing food as well as some actual recipes included at the end.

Nature's Guru Organic Tea, Masala Spice, 25 Count (Pack of 12)
Nature's Guru Organic Tea, Masala Spice, 25 Count (Pack of 12)
Offered by Mom's Healthy Market
Price: $13.25
4 used & new from $13.25

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Tasting Cup of Tea, April 15, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have never liked the taste of coffee so I drink tea instead and am always looking for good quality ones to add to my pantry. This is my first product from Nature's Guru and I like the taste a lot, even though I wish it was a little stronger. However even with that small negative, I will be buying this Masala Chai again because the flavor combination they have achieved with all of the spices is very pleasing. I also like the packaging - both the outer box with an easy open lid, as well as the tea bags themselves which come in transparent cloth pyramids so that you can see what is inside. Nature's Guru has done a good job with this tea.

Tumbledown Manor
Tumbledown Manor
by Helen Brown
Price: $9.37
56 used & new from $4.20

4.0 out of 5 stars Uplifting Story, April 11, 2016
This review is from: Tumbledown Manor (Paperback)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a story of a NY author who finds out her husband has been having an affair with a co-worker. After divorcing him she decides to head back home to Australia and visit her sister and check out their old family home which is no longer in the family. As luck would have it, the home is abandoned and currently up for sale. Lisa buys it on impulse and then jumps in with both feet to begin a lengthy and much needed renovation. Along the way she begins to make new friends, acquire a couple quirky pets, and re-establish her relationships with her son and sister. Of course what midlife do over would be complete without a new love interest? This is an uplifting book that explores the possibilities and joy life has to offer once you pick yourself up and decide to move on after a crisis.

The Ecliptic: A Novel
The Ecliptic: A Novel
by Benjamin Wood
Price: $21.35
72 used & new from $5.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book I have read in years!, April 1, 2016
This review is from: The Ecliptic: A Novel (Hardcover)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
After reading The Ecliptic, Benjamin Wood is my new favorite author. It has been a while since I found a book I couldn’t put down, until I started reading this one. Wood has created a wonderful, original story that I found fascinating. It chronicles the life of a female painter during the 1960s in England. Without giving anything away, she has graduated from art school, landed a couple successful shows and now is struggling not only with trying to create new work that pleases her, instead of just pleasing the gallery owner; but a few internal demons emerge as well. The author not only brings us into London’s fine art world; but also the inner, private world of a complex artist; combined with a mystery and a building sense of suspense and even dread. This is unlike anything I have ever read and I totally loved it!

DII All Seasons Décor Wild Flower Floral Wreath, 22" Round
DII All Seasons Décor Wild Flower Floral Wreath, 22" Round

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay, Not Great, April 1, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I wanted to love this wreath, but it is just okay. On the positive side it is a nice size, the purple and yellow flowers look pretty together and when you manipulate the strands it fills out nicely. On the negative side the ferns look fake and it needs some additional flowers. I went to Michael’s and bought some silk flowers to fill it out and add more interest which helped.

Here Comes the Sun: A Journey to Adoption in 8 Chakras
Here Comes the Sun: A Journey to Adoption in 8 Chakras
by Leza Lowitz
Price: $2.45
53 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars A Sweet Love Story, March 10, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is the true story of Leza Lowitz, a child of a broken home growing up in Berkeley during the 1970s. Because her parents didn’t give her a great view of marriage, Leza has walled off her heart in order to keep love out. However after deciding to move to Japan, she meets Shogo a wonderful man who wants a permanent relationship. Leza doesn’t want to let him into her life, but Shogo has a lot of patience and his persistence eventually pays off. As Leza is trying to open her heart to love she decides to learn yoga in the hopes that it will help. This book follows Leza’s path not only to love and marriage, but also to becoming a yogini and eventually owning her own yoga studio in Japan. The final test of opening her heart is when she and Shogo decide they want a child, but find out that Leza may have waited too long to have one of her own. Shogo is open to adoption, but Leza doesn’t want to consider it any more than she wanted to consider letting Shogo into her life. Overall it is a well written story about one woman’s journey toward finding love and then letting in.

Jewish Stories of Wisdom
Jewish Stories of Wisdom
by Patrick Fischmann
Price: $14.30
56 used & new from $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Little Book of Wisdom, March 10, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
As other reviewers have said this is a beautiful, little book. From the cloth cover to the feel of the paper, and the beautiful illustrations, it is a joy to hold and just look at. The stories are all very short, just a couple pages, which I think is perfect for picking up and reading one or two when you have a quiet moment. Because the stories are designed to stimulate thought, this isn’t intended for speed reading in a single sitting. Instead the stories should be read and meditated on. It would also be great to read and discuss as a family or as part of a book club. I haven’t finished it yet, but so far I have enjoyed each one, and know I will refer back to it in the years ahead.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16