Safety Month BOTMKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Profile for Christi > Reviews

Browse

Christi's Profile

Customer Reviews: 15

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Christi RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
1928 Jewelry Smoked Brown Copper-Tone Magnifying Glass Necklace, 30"
1928 Jewelry Smoked Brown Copper-Tone Magnifying Glass Necklace, 30"
Price: $35.00
2 used & new from $35.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely necklace, March 16, 2011
I went back and forth on ordering this necklace and am now very happy that I decided to get it- I wore it the day after I got it! The necklace itself looks like it was made very well- and it is heavy but not overly so. One of my co-workers even thought it was a heirloom- it looks so nice and intricate. To be honest, the copper is a little shiny for my liking but I am sure that over time it will dull a bit and be a perfect piece of jewelry that will last me a very long time.

I did not buy it for the functionality of the magnifying glass- however my husband discovered that the magnifying glass works fairly well and now thinks it is a play-thing (lol)!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 17, 2012 2:06 PM PDT

1928 Jewelry Vintage-Inspired Cameo Necklace, 28"
1928 Jewelry Vintage-Inspired Cameo Necklace, 28"
Price: $45.00
3 used & new from $44.05

5.0 out of 5 stars very cute!, March 16, 2011
Just got this and I love it! The red is not as red as the picture shows- but I actually like that because it will look better with more of my outfits. It is also a very heavy necklace. The only odd thing is that the chain has a clasp even though the necklace will fit over anyone's head very easily.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 11, 2011 9:03 PM PST

4.5-5 MM Freshwater Cultured Pearl Strand, 50"
4.5-5 MM Freshwater Cultured Pearl Strand, 50"

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, May 3, 2010
Just the perfect necklace, long enough to wear multiple ways and the pearls are small enough to make a statement without being over-bearing.

The Happy Company Sweet Dreams Dream Mask
The Happy Company Sweet Dreams Dream Mask

5.0 out of 5 stars So Warm and Soft :), February 4, 2010
This is a great sleep mask, it is soft and just heavy enough to stay in place. The extra material at the bottom does a great job keeping all the cold air out. I love this mask an would recommend it for anyone who wants a good night's sleep!

Freshwater Cultured Pearl Drop and Sterling Silver with Diamond-Accent Heart Necklace, 16.5"

5.0 out of 5 stars A Perfect Necklace for Everyday!, February 3, 2010
As the other reviewer mentioned, the chain on this necklace is not dainty- however it is not chunky/heavy/etc. either. It is the perfect width to feel sturdy enough that I am not worried about wearing it everyday and having the chain snap.

The pearls are perfect- I could not find a single blemish or indentation anywhere.

I am a smaller person with a tinier neck so I think the length of the necklace is just right, the heart hangs below my collar bone by almost an inch.

Overall, I would highly recommend this necklace!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars A perfect and cute necklace!, January 7, 2010
This is exactly as described, very quick delivery and the item was wrapped very well for shipping. My main concern was that the heart imprint was not as pronounced in real life as it is in the photo but the item I received looked exactly like the photo.

Very impressed and am looking forward to ordering from this company again :)

Harmony Guides: Lace & Eyelets (The Harmony Guides)
Harmony Guides: Lace & Eyelets (The Harmony Guides)
by Erika Knight
43 used & new from $8.50

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth it., January 6, 2010
I bought this book a while ago and now (after discovering quite a few errors in the patterns) I wish that I would have know about some other books. Instead of this book and others in this series I would recommend the following:

Charted Knitting Designs: A Third Treasury of Knitting Patterns

They not only have beautiful lace patterns but beautiful cable patterns and colorwork patterns making them much more of an asset than this book.

Below is a list of why I believe that you should save your money and spend it on better books:
1. Not a chart to be seen anywhere in this book- even though it is all lace patterns!
2. YF (yarn forward) is NOT the same as YO (yarn over) yet this book seems to not care
3. A lot of the stitches seem to be slight variations of each other . . . not terrible but I would have preferred to see 250 different stitches
4. Errors- lots and lots of errors.
5. All the examples look like they are knitted with at least a worsted weight yarn, but some of these patterns may look better with actual lace weight yarn (or even sports weight)

So in conclusion, I would recommend that you save your money because this book is simply not worth it.

by Barbara G. Walker
Price: $30.00
32 used & new from $22.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Why did I wait so long to get this book?!, January 6, 2010
This is an amazing book for those who want to expand their knitting know-how and those who want to start designing their own items.

I just received this book in the mail and I am still busy looking at all the *pretty pictures* and daydreaming about what I can make from this.

I did also get the 3rd edition and I just wanted to say that they are completely different and I am planning on getting the other two in the series!

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Cute!, January 6, 2010
This is a fun and cute piece necklace. The owl is not heavy and does not look cheap. You can't tell in the photo, but the different sections of the owl's body are two different sets of "feathers" with open spaces between them. There are even different types of feathers for the tail. This makes the necklace look very intricate. The lines on the face are also very well defined- this is a very detailed piece of jewelry!

The chain is very heavy and appears to be of good quality. The chain also doesn't have a clasp which is great because a 30 inch chain shouldn't need one and it is one less thing for my hair to get caught in.

There are two reasons why I rated this 4 stars

1. To me the picture for this item looked like the eyes were flat and the same material that the owl is made of. In fact the eyes are shiny, round plastic things that have a slight purplish tint. This is not what I expected but I am alright with it.

2. The item title says that it is a necklace and earrings set but it did not come with earrings- only the pendant.

I would have rated it three stars but I do love this necklace and I am still happy with this purchase and am looking forward to wearing it often. I would recommend this to anyone who doesn't care about the odd eye things and the lack of matching earrings- it really is a really cute piece of jewelry

Patterns for Guernseys, Jerseys, and Arans: Fishermen's Sweaters from the British Isles
by Gladys Thompson
Price: $12.99
124 used & new from $1.83

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this book!, January 5, 2010
The patterns themselves in this book are quite useless for me as they are knitted on extremely small needles- but the stitches and the ideas behind the patterns are more than useful. I love just thumbing through the book and looking at the pictures!

In addition to the pictures and stitches, the author does a great job of writing about the history of the patterns as well as her own travels to collect them.

I love this book and would recommend it for anyone who would like to learn more stitches and get additional designing ideas.

Page: 1 | 2