I bought this book a while ago and now (after discovering quite a few errors in the patterns) I wish that I would have know about some other books. Instead of this book and others in this series I would recommend the following:A Second Treasury of Knitting PatternsCharted Knitting Designs: A Third Treasury of Knitting Patterns
They not only have beautiful lace patterns but beautiful cable patterns and colorwork patterns making them much more of an asset than this book.
Below is a list of why I believe that you should save your money and spend it on better books:
1. Not a chart to be seen anywhere in this book- even though it is all lace patterns!
2. YF (yarn forward) is NOT the same as YO (yarn over) yet this book seems to not care
3. A lot of the stitches seem to be slight variations of each other . . . not terrible but I would have preferred to see 250 different stitches
4. Errors- lots and lots of errors.
5. All the examples look like they are knitted with at least a worsted weight yarn, but some of these patterns may look better with actual lace weight yarn (or even sports weight)
So in conclusion, I would recommend that you save your money because this book is simply not worth it.