Profile for dirt55 > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 94

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

dirt55 RSS Feed (United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
SoundSOUL U10 Sport Noise-isolating In-ear Headphones with Memory Wire (Black)
SoundSOUL U10 Sport Noise-isolating In-ear Headphones with Memory Wire (Black)

1.0 out of 5 stars lasted three runs, June 25, 2013
good sound for the price, nice they come with four different sizes of rubber tips, nice carrying case, but unfortunately during my third use with these the housing on the left ear piece broke right off while running leaving the inside wires exposed while still in my ear. returned to amazon.

LE IPHONE 4 GAMEBOY DESIGN SILICONE SKIN CASE, BY CELLAPOD CASES WHITE
LE IPHONE 4 GAMEBOY DESIGN SILICONE SKIN CASE, BY CELLAPOD CASES WHITE
Offered by SupplyQuick
Price: $2.40
10 used & new from $2.40

4.0 out of 5 stars So neat with tiny flaws, December 7, 2011
I love the look and feel of this case. Just recieved it today and it was a little loose diring my first application which i assume will only get worse with time.

I was also a little bumed to see that it really intereferes wih the flash and bounces it back at the lens causing a cloudy/underexposed appearance of the picture in the lower left side.

However, this was a VERY cheap price and looks great so im still pleased! I may continue to look for a more permanent case, or just fold it down every time i take a pic with the flash.

Silver Surfer: Parable
Silver Surfer: Parable
by Stan Lee
18 used & new from $21.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Facing Humanity Head On, February 24, 2011
This review is from: Silver Surfer: Parable (Paperback)
I too was surprised at the depths of this story. The art was very enjoyable and created another level of depth to the story, it stood out from most that I was accustomed to. The lettering was slightly difficult to read at times, but also had it's merits. The theme is very reminiscent of a Rod Serling "Twilight Zone" story from the past.

Justice Riders
Justice Riders
by Chuck Dixon
23 used & new from $6.79

4.0 out of 5 stars Great DC Western Elseworld Tale!, February 22, 2011
This review is from: Justice Riders (Paperback)
I totally agree with the previous reviewer.

This is a very enjoyable Elseworld tale about some of the main DC cast acting as a posse in the old west who go up against a few of the popular DC villains. The story was very clean and neatly written with no extra fluff. Art complimented the story and theme well. Quick read, but well worth the price. Makes me want to read more DC westerns!

JLA Vol. 19: World Without a Justice League
JLA Vol. 19: World Without a Justice League
by Kurt Busiek
70 used & new from $1.15

3.0 out of 5 stars PLEASE...quit your whining!, January 17, 2011
This is post Identity Crisis/pre-Infinite Crisis. The members of the JLA are all in a tiff due to events leading up to this story because decisions were made to treat villans in ways that not everyone agrees one as well as question the appropriateness of Batman using Brother Eye. That's as interesting as it gets and all that happens before this trade. The collection is 90% bickering and Green Arrow screaming and whining about everything. The last 10% is a cool fight and saved it from being terrible. If you pickup the book just read the last chapter/issue and save yourself the high school drama staring your favorite DC characters.

Power Girl
Power Girl
by Geoff Johns
41 used & new from $7.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Ok stories, but amazing presentation!, January 17, 2011
This review is from: Power Girl (Paperback)
There are three basic stories within this collection that help the reader to build their knowledge of one Ms. Power Girl. They start with a very early story, one in the 70's, and then one recently from Geoff Johns. The middle one is where they tried to give her an Atlantean background and it was quite silly and boring. Though the collection of stories aren't stellar the collection and presentation is amazing. They editors given an intro to each section and really try to help build a foundation for DC fans to become acquainted with and more knowledgeable of Power Girl. I would recommend this to anyone who would like to know more about this character because in this collection the sum is definitely worth more then the parts individually.

Superman/Batman, Vol. 2: Supergirl
Superman/Batman, Vol. 2: Supergirl
by Jeph Loeb
48 used & new from $2.62

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic from Start to Finish, January 8, 2011
I just recently watched the Superman/Batman: Apocalypse animated film last week and having no idea that it was based on Superman/Batman: Supergirl I just happened to purchase this book this week. As much as I enjoyed the film I was blown away by how much I enjoyed this book. I really thought that since I had the story so fresh in my mind from seeing the movie that I would just passively browse this book and be done with it. From the opening scene in this trade I was hooked. The art is incredible and gives such life and emotion to each character. The internal dialogue of Superman and Batman offer something that the film was unable to portray. Even the ending is a little different from the movie and far superior in my opinion. The movie's ending was a lot simpler then this book, likely to prevent any confusion from a casual watcher. The author and artists gave life to a character that, after numerous revamps, I was shocked at how entertained I was witnessing the rebirth of Kara Zor-El.

Batman and Son
Batman and Son
by Grant Morrison
38 used & new from $17.27

3.0 out of 5 stars An Odd Collection Feeling Unfinished, January 8, 2011
This review is from: Batman and Son (Hardcover)
I am aware that this is the first part of Morrison's Batman RIP run and that is likely the reason why the second story arc with Batman and Damien feels very unfinished. As a trade collection however it felt incredibly incomplete. I think the inclusion of the second story arc was made this trade off kilter.
Regarding the actual story, I was sorely disappointed how Batman was portrayed when dealing with his son. Damien basically walked right over a man who has been clearly shown to allow NO one to walk on him. If you can get past that part, it's actually semi-entertaining. I found the inclusion of the Joker intermission story (all text like a novel, not in comic format) to be an odd yet very entertaining part of this book. It's not something I want to see them do very often, but it was very entertaining for the page count. Hopefully after reading Morrison's entire run on the series I will look back more fondly on Batman and Son, but at this time I would not recommend it as a stand alone trade.

Marvels
Marvels
by Kurt Busiek
102 used & new from $0.22

5.0 out of 5 stars Humanity at it's basic interpretation, December 27, 2010
This review is from: Marvels (Paperback)
Let me just get this out of the way. People suck. That is what you will feel the entire time you are reading this book. It's nothing new however in the comic world that normal citizens question the morals and desires of the "Marvels" that surround them. Kurt Busiek did a fantastic job at writing a narriative about the human reaction to those who are worlds beyond in terms of strength, courage, and skill. His portrayal of the population of New York and their constant hero-bashing, despite all their triumphs, parallels a tale that might have been written by Rod Serling. The author picked his goal and stuck to it the entire way giving you a sense of what it must be like to witness the birth of the superheros and villans. As much as I disliked the ending, feeling that it was quickly thrown together and very uncharacteristic of the book and the main character, I enjoyed the opportunity to see this universe from a different perspective.
The art is OF COURSE incredible as one has came to expect from Mr. Ross. Each and every panel is worthty of a long study to appreciate all of his magic.
I am very much a DC fanboy and know fairly little of the Marvel universe outside of who the characters are. I never felt lost during the book because I understood that the goal was to show the brief glimpse of these superhumans and convey the confusion that the general public experienced. Highly recommended!

Justice League of America, Vol. 1: The Tornado's Path
Justice League of America, Vol. 1: The Tornado's Path
by Brad Meltzer
Price: $13.44
71 used & new from $0.37

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible., December 26, 2010
I wasn't aware of Brad Meltzer until I read Identity Crisis which is easily one of my favorite trades from DC. I found it to be so deep and character driven that I had high expectations for JLA: Tornado's Path. My expectations were far surpassed after reading this incredible collection depicting the Red Tornado's struggle and journey to get as close to being human as possible. The art was AMAZING with each panel being drool worthy. This story arc has so much emotion, so much conflict, so much character from each hero and family member. I had very little experience with any of these characters, besides the big three, and a few wikipedia entries easily brought me up to speed. On a few occasions I actually exclaimed out loud while reading this in astonishment to what was going on...that rarely, if ever, happens when reading trades. After decades of movie watching and video game playing rarely does anything shock and surprise me, but this trade blew me away. I can't recommend it enough.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10