Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon Sixx AM Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing Learn more
Profile for Virginia Gill > Reviews

Browse

Virginia Gill's Profile

Customer Reviews: 27

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Virginia Gill RSS Feed (Anchrage, AK USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Journey to Almighty
Journey to Almighty
by Tina Klinesmith
Price: $12.99
2 used & new from $10.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely!, April 29, 2013
This review is from: Journey to Almighty (Paperback)
Tina Klinesmith's Journey to Almighty was a wonderful story. Enough so that I was willing to forfeit comfort and sit in front of a computer screen while reading it straight through. While it suffered some of the same proofreading oversights that many ebooks unfortunately share the story and characters were well written and very engaging. The main character's journey to acceptance, faith, and love make this a great discussion book. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to friends and will be looking forward to reading some of the author's other books.

A Woman's Right to Rest: Fourteen Types of Biblical Rest That Can Transform Your Life
by Denise George
Price: $14.99
23 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Buy it!, April 2, 2013
It's taken me a while to actualy work my way through this book, I wanted to address it as a study not just something to read. So glad I did! I would highly recommend getting a copy and working through it, especially with some female friends, you won't regret making time for it.

Deep Storm
Deep Storm
by Lincoln Child
Price: $12.42
70 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Hooked!, June 8, 2012
This review is from: Deep Storm (Paperback)
Loads of suspence, non-stop action, lurking conspiracy, and just the right touch of creepy...Mr Child does not disappoint. Sat and read this one cover to cover completely forgetting to even stop for dinner. This one had me holding my breath and wondering just what I'd do if I were in the main character's shoes.

Breaking The Habit of Being Yourself: How to Lose Your Mind and Create a New One
by Joe Dispenza
29 used & new from $11.61

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, February 16, 2012
I found this book utterly fascinating. So much so that I will be shopping for a physical copy of the book since I was given an electronic version to review. This is one I will be referring back to again and again. The look at quantum theory, modern neuroscience and how we can truly change our own minds was riveting. While that might sound like a tough read the author did an excellent job of keeping the topics accessible and easy to understand, readers should not be intimidated. Grab a copy and take a journey though your own brain and see what happens.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 21, 2014 7:42 AM PST

The Whole Foot Book
The Whole Foot Book
by Brett Ryan Fink
Price: $15.74
49 used & new from $1.56

5.0 out of 5 stars HURRAY!, February 16, 2012
This review is from: The Whole Foot Book (Paperback)
This book is already on its way to becoming a well thumbed reference book! The information is presented in ways that make it easy to understand with excellent illustrations. The personal stories of others who experienced similar problems and their solutions served both as inspiration (or warnings) and kept me reading. As I move into yet another season of marathon training I suspect I will be reaching for this book often.

Many thanks to the authors Brett Ryan Fink, M.D. and Mark Stuart Mizel, M.D.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 11, 2014 9:54 AM PST

Aries (Sun Sign Series)
Aries (Sun Sign Series)
by Joanna Martine Woolfolk
Price: $6.95
57 used & new from $2.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating, February 16, 2012
Throughout my life I've gone back and forth about being Aries. Many of the characterists were a perfect match, others were so far off the mark I found it impossible to imagine them as part of the same person. Reading Ms. Woolfolk's book on Aries though allowed for new insight and understanding of myself and makes me very grateful to the adults in my life who shaped me in such a way that the worst of the Aries qualities while present are heard in my head only as whispers and rarely acted upon. Whatever your sign, whether you believe in horoscopes are not I'd recommend reading the one of this series for your own sign just to see what you might learn about yourself.

Treasure Hunter: Caches, Curses and Deadly Confrontations
Treasure Hunter: Caches, Curses and Deadly Confrontations
by W. C. Jameson
Price: $14.95
42 used & new from $7.67

3.0 out of 5 stars Take a break, February 16, 2012
Since the long ago day my brother and I found thousands of dollars while playing in the creek I've been fascinated by treasure and those who hunt for it. W.C. Jameson's Treasure Hunter left me wanting...not to hunt treasure myself, or to rush through the book but rather to sit down with him over a beer and hear him tell the stories. While the book was enjoyable enough I strongly suspect that Mr. Jameson's true gift would be that of a verbal storyteller. This book will be an easy one to pick up now and again to read a single story.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 25, 2012 6:19 AM PDT

Invisible Assassin (The Queen's Blade Book 3)
Invisible Assassin (The Queen's Blade Book 3)
Price: $3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Keep reading!, February 6, 2012
Book 3 of The Queen's Blade series was every bit as good as book one. So much of the material covered, the choices faced by the characters was heart breaking. Where do you find yourself, build a future for yourself when duty and the fate of thousands rests on your shoulders? Will be interesting to see what comes next.

Heart of a Knight
Heart of a Knight
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't miss it, February 6, 2012
This review is from: Heart of a Knight (Kindle Edition)
The title of this book doesn't even begin to cover the full range of the story. It's rare that a book really transports me, this one did. Page by page I fell deeper in love with the characters and their joys and triumphs brought tears to my eyes. An excellent read.

Noble Intentions (Noble Historical Novel Book 1)
Noble Intentions (Noble Historical Novel Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Get ready..., February 6, 2012
I discovered this book while searching the names of some of my favorite authors to see if they had new books out. What a delight to discover a series done before I had discovered this author. All three of the books were laugh out loud funny! Thank you Katie MacAlister for more books for my "go-to" shelf when I need to brighten my day.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3