Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Profile for R. M. Landolfi > Reviews

Browse

R. M. Landolfi's Profile

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

R. M. Landolfi RSS Feed (Highland Park, IL United States)

Uptown Dance
Uptown Dance
3 used & new from $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best by one of the best, June 20, 2016
This review is from: Uptown Dance (Vinyl)
I too don't understand why this still isn't on CD. I agree that front to back this is one of the best jazz violin recordings of all time by one of the greatest jazz violinists of all time. Another plus is the backing musicians, including the late Richard Tee, arguably the best keyboard session musician of the mid to late 70s. The only option is to get the vinyl version and burn to CD, which is what I did back in the 90s. But I would buy the CD version in a hot minute as well as copies for friends. This recording needs more exposure, it came out at a time when jazz radio stations were few and far between as radio went to album oriented rock and bubblegum and it I don't think it ever got the exposure it deserves. I heard it on a radio station in Rochester, NY in northern Indiana, a complete fluke but one of the most fortunate accidents I've ever encountered. The music on this recording spans a wide range of moods, but you get the impression throughout that the production was top-notch and the musicians were enjoying themselves. You can sort of picture Stephane with that silly smile on his face and a twinkle in his eye.

HDE Network Cable Tester for Lan Phone RJ45 RJ11 RJ12 Cat5 Cat6 UTP Wire Test Tool
Offered by HDE
Price: $7.99
3 used & new from $5.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Might be worth the low price, February 13, 2016
#6 failed after about 10 uses. Probably worth it if you don't need to use it much, but I wouldn't rely on it for any period of time. Don't do what I did and replace cables based on the readings.

MEE audio M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician's In-Ear Monitors with Detachable Cables (Smoke)
Offered by DigitalDJGear
Price: $49.99
36 used & new from $30.25

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent sound, nice selection of accessories, November 16, 2015
I wanted excellent sound and Android control, and I got both in this package. I have had to work a bit to get these to fit my right ear, but the sound is so balanced and detailed that it has been well worth the effort. I ended up getting the large Comply TX-200 tips for maximum comfort. The stock tips were a bit uncomfortable in one or the other ear, and I tried them all, but the Comply are comfortable over long periods. Bass is very adequate, I would suggest that those who aren't getting good bass response aren't getting a good seal. If these fit you properly, you can't go wrong.

Xtreme Technologies Xlink BT Bluetooth Gateway - Black
Xtreme Technologies Xlink BT Bluetooth Gateway - Black
Offered by OJ Commerce
Price: Click here to see our price
5 used & new from $67.58

4.0 out of 5 stars Very reliable, excellent sound quality, September 8, 2011
I've been using this product for over 2 years and it has worked flawlessly. I originally got it because I was tired of missing cell phone calls because I couldn't hear the cell ringing, but we decided to get rid of the land line altogether. I did have a problem with staticky calls at first, but that was a Bluetooth implementation issue on the paired cellphone because it only occurred when that particular cellphone was in use. So my advice is to make sure you have a reliable Bluetooth phone connected as your primary line, and if that phone has any Bluetooth issues like being hard to pair with or dropping Bluetooth connections occasionally, choose a different cellphone model for your primary line (I've found Motorola, Blackberry, and Nokia phones to be very reliable). Placement near the XLink is also helpful to improve sound quality. We keep the "house" cellphone about 10 feet from the XLink, sound quality is excellent, no one knows that our landline is actually a cellphone. I've found tech support to be excellent the one or two times I needed to use it.

The one annoyance I ran across was that the XLink is aggressive in making Bluetooth connections and sometimes would steal the connection from a phone it "knows" about while I was in the middle of trying to pair my Plantronics headset. I was able to solve this by taking the Plantronics and phone further away from the XLink. The lack of callerid is a minor quibble, it seems it could at least pass the name if the incoming number is in my address book, but I don't pretend to understand how callerid works, so maybe this isn't possible. Overall highly recommended.

Vornado CR1-0061-28 Vornado Retro Fan
Vornado CR1-0061-28 Vornado Retro Fan

4.0 out of 5 stars A classic, July 17, 2010
I had this model as a child, and grew to love the sound and its amazing ability to move air. The reproduction replaces the front switch with one on the back, but the sound and the air movement is as good as ever, and the fan alone is enough for most warm summer nights. We generally turn on the AC only when the humidity is too high, a fan can only do so much. Even if you have air conditioning, this fan will help move the cool air. I can see how the other reviewers would be disappointed if they wanted the original mint green color, but with the exception of that switch, everything else is as it was, there wasn't much to improve on a design that's held up through the years.

Don't Touch That Dial
Don't Touch That Dial
DVD ~ John Wayne
Offered by GTP Direct
Price: $7.99
16 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality video, December 1, 2009
This review is from: Don't Touch That Dial (DVD)
This is an interesting collection of commercials, but as another reviewer noted, the poor video quality is distracting and some spots are unviewable. It's as if they videotaped a TV displaying a not so great quality VHS tape. I'd be embarassed to release a product of such poor quality.