Profile for J. Chuang > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 19

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. Chuang RSS Feed (AL, USA)

Page: 1 | 2
Scarpa Men's Instinct Climbing Shoe,Parrot,41.5 EU/8.5 M US
Scarpa Men's Instinct Climbing Shoe,Parrot,41.5 EU/8.5 M US
Price: $100.93
4 used & new from $100.93

5.0 out of 5 stars Great aggressive shoe, March 26, 2015
Great aggressive shoe. I have a wider foot and these fit me great. The laces really allow me to tune the fit. I downsized a half size from my gym shoe size. Initially pretty uncomfortable, but a shower and a few climbing sessions and they fit just right.

EMB - EB850FGM - 850W High Performance Power Fog machine
EMB - EB850FGM - 850W High Performance Power Fog machine
Offered by AUDIO WATT STORE
Price: $39.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Ehh., November 27, 2014
First off, this is 400 watts. Not 850. Other than that it's like other cheap 400 Watt fog machines... For slightly more cost. If I were to do it again I'd get one that I can get a timer remote for.

Luxury Ultra-slim Aluminum Metal Alloy HTC One M8 Bumper Case Mid Frame Cover For HTC New One 2 M8 (Red)
Offered by BargainPricesHere
Price: $5.01
6 used & new from $3.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Works alright, August 17, 2014
This is what I was looking for. Something that would show off the metallic back of the HTC one m8 but protect the edges and corners for drops. Here are my issues:

1. slight wobble when attached.
2. The color is slightly off from the phone, depending on the light.
3. IR blaster does not work
4. There is a "love mei" logo on the side that is not shown in product pictures.

Otherwise I like it. It seems to protect the edge well from scratches and dents. I don't know how well it protects shocks, or the edge of the screen, since I'm not going to drop-test it. It provides a ridge around the back of the phone that makes it significantly easier to grip. Pretty much the most minimal case; good if you really want to see the luster of the metallic phone but feel like you need something, anything, to help protect it.

GSI Outdoors 75242 Blue Mountain Infinity Backpacker Mug
GSI Outdoors 75242 Blue Mountain Infinity Backpacker Mug
Price: $12.24
5 used & new from $7.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Camp Mug, May 21, 2014
Lightweight, insulated, with a sealable lid. These are the things needed to comfortably drink hot liquids while camping. I use it for coffee in the morning and tea at night.

LP4 [Vinyl]
LP4 [Vinyl]
Price: $14.98
18 used & new from $8.97

2.0 out of 5 stars Vinyl quality review, April 10, 2013
This review is from: LP4 [Vinyl] (Vinyl)
This record arrived warped. I'm not going to bother sending it back though, because I did that dance with CLASSICS [Vinyl] three times and they were all warped. I don't know why ratatat records are specifically always warped (I have other XL recordings releases that are fine), but I'm just not going to buy any other ratatat records. Shame really.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 29, 2014 3:30 PM PDT

ADC AD3693Q Adult's Taylor Hammer Orange One Size
ADC AD3693Q Adult's Taylor Hammer Orange One Size
Offered by Medically Equipped
Price: $3.82
7 used & new from $2.38

2.0 out of 5 stars Too light., December 28, 2012
The most important difference between neurological hammers is the weight. The heavier the head, the more consistent you can be when assessing deep tendon reflexes. This hammer's head seems more plastic than rubber, and it does not have the heft for me to consider it an adequate neuro hammer.

CLASSICS [Vinyl]
CLASSICS [Vinyl]
Price: $17.98
17 used & new from $16.72

1.0 out of 5 stars Review of Quality Control (Vinyl Edition), August 28, 2012
This review is from: CLASSICS [Vinyl] (Vinyl)
First, this is not a review of the music. The music is awesome, and five stars.

This is a review, however, if you intend on buying the vinyl version from Amazon.

My first copy from Amazon was missing the B side label. I'm not sure how such a record actually left the factory but apparently it did. It's not just a cosmetic problem either--the center of the record has a hole similar in size to that of a 45. The two sides of the label together form the smaller hole usually seen on a 33--the label is an important part of the record. On top of that, the record was badly warped; it has a large hump about 1/4th to 1/2 of an inch high. This could either be a factory error, or it could be from Amazon's storage and shipping methods. Since I have ordered many vinyls from Amazon before without this problem, I'm inclined to think it's a factory problem.

No problem though, it's Amazon, I can get a replacement. After waiting a week (nevermind that I originally had 2 day shipping), I got the replacement record.

This one does have both labels. Unfortunately it has the identical hump. Needless to say I'm extremely disappointed. I don't know if Amazon messed up a whole crate of these records, or they received a bad batch, but it's no good either way. This one's going back as well and hopefully they can fix the problems.

Update: So I informed Amazon of the issue, and they assured me they would look into it. They made the item unavailable and told me when it came back in stock that means they would have fixed it.

LEDwholesalers 16.4ft RGB Color Changing Kit with LED Flexible Strip, Controller with 44-button Remote and Power Supply, 2034RGB+3315+3215
Offered by LEDwholesalers ®
Price: $31.76
9 used & new from $18.97

2.0 out of 5 stars Product shipped defective (twice), March 16, 2012
The LED light strip is supposed to have a male and female end-- the controller connects to the female end. Somehow my LED light strip only had a male end, rendering the product defective. Everything else works, because holding the contacts to the correct end does make the light strip work. But obviously this is not a long term solution.

I'm not sure how a company can ship something so obviously defective, but I'm willing to try again. Maybe it was a one time thing, but for now-- beware, the product you get may be defective.

EDIT:

So the second set I ordered had the correct plugs and plugs up properly. However, one trio of LEDs is broken out of the box (lacking red). The function of the lights overall is great-- but there's a high likelihood of them being defective. I went ahead and used these because I don't want to wait for another replacement set. Other than the risk of receiving a defective product the lights work wonderfully.

Spyderco byrd Meadowlark2 Rescue Black FRN SpyderEdge Knife
Spyderco byrd Meadowlark2 Rescue Black FRN SpyderEdge Knife
Offered by Outfitter Country
Price: $20.95
20 used & new from $15.96

4.0 out of 5 stars Good fully serrated knife, September 25, 2011
The Byrd brand is made by Spyderco, and the quality shows. However, it's not technically a spyderco, so you don't have the spyderco logo.

First, the blade. Made of 8Cr13Mov (similar to AUS-8), it's a fine, durable steel. I haven't used it too much, but it seems alright. It's not particularly wear resistant, but that matters a little less for a serrated knife. It's a sheepsfoot blade, with about a centimeter's of plain edge at the front. The blade is angled forward about 15 degrees, which makes cutting tasks easier. The two and a half inches of serrations makes sawing tasks very manageable. I would suggest

The handle is made of hard plastic. The plastic has a nice textured surface which drains water well, making it work well in wet situations. It has stainless steel liners on the inside providing additional strength. The pocket clip can be moved to any carry position (it comes tip-up right handed). There is slight sideways wiggle from clip, although it does not detract from function.

The opening of the is pretty smooth. The "byrd" works well, but opening the blade takes more force than other knives. This means you won't be flicking this knife open very quickly, but it also means the blade is held closed very securely, which little chance of opening accidentally.

The lockback mechanism holds the blade in place very well, with little chance of slippage. However, occasionally the lockback mechanism will stick. It can be fixed by closing and opening the knife again, but is something that should not happen.

This is an ugly knife. The 'byrd' eye does not look very good. The open knife looks alright, but the closed knife really lacks in appearance.

Overall, this is a nice cheap utility knife. I would say it's a good cheaper version of the Spyderco Assist I Orange Handle Rescue Knife, sans glassbreaker. It does very well in cutting cardboard, which will dull a plain edge very quickly. It's definitely a knife you could keep in your car as well, in case you need to cut seatbelts quickly. I would definitely suggest it as a good back-up or beater knife for rescue workers, a cardboard cutting knife, or a car knife.

USB Highspeed 7 Port Hub w/ AC Adapter (Silver)
USB Highspeed 7 Port Hub w/ AC Adapter (Silver)
Offered by Naviman
Price: $6.99
44 used & new from $2.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Here's why you shouldn't buy., October 15, 2010
1. Within hours of plugging it in, 4 of the ports burned out, leaving me with only 3 left working. These 4 receive power, but no longer connect to the computer.

2. Powered is an overstatement. Depending on the port choice, it can have problems supporting one external hard drive (usb powered) and a USB fan. If the bottom 3 ports on the front (the only ones that still conduct data for me) are used, then more then two hard drives can work... barely. In addition, the included power supply has about 2.5 feet of cord. Not enough to stretch from a desk to a power strip on the ground, meaning I had to rearrange power cords to even get this installed.

3. It's slow. Speed decreases are of course to be expected with a hub, but I think the low power it provides means drives have to spin down more often, meaning seek times are increased.

For 7.50 I probably won't send it back, since it's too much trouble. But I wouldn't buy it again. Here's some I may get when I decide I need all the ports working:

7-Port USB 2.0 Hub, Black
Nu USB 2.0 10 Port Hub (with Power Adapter)
Belkin F5U706 2 in 1 USB 2.0 7-PORT HUB

Yes, all these cost between 20 and 30 dollars, but if you think of this hub as an unpowered 3 port hub, then you begin to understand the price difference.

Page: 1 | 2