Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it DJ Shadow Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for Marie > Reviews

Browse

Marie's Profile

Customer Reviews: 24

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Marie RSS Feed (Santa Clara, CA United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
North America Behind the Scenes
North America Behind the Scenes
DVD
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Nature Series, June 13, 2013
This was a fantastic series and very informative of the wonders of nature right in our own backyard so to speak. Tom Selleck who narrates the series does a good job of narration and does not distract from the cinematography. Additionally, the background music fits well to inspire the greatness of Mother Nature. If you enjoyed other Discovery Channel series like Blue Planet you'll enjoy this series as well.

Lunette Menstrual Cup - Violet - Model 2 for Normal to Heavy Menstruation - Natural Alternative for Tampons and Sanitary Napkins
Offered by Lunette Menstrual Cups - Manufacturer
Price: $39.99
3 used & new from $39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Periods are now less of a hassle, April 17, 2013
After I had my son my periods were seriously heavy. I was having to change my overnight pad every 3 hours. I'd go through 2 boxes of overnight pads in over a 4-5 day menstrual period, and then several panty liners. Using the Lunette menstrual cup eliminated several things:

- Itchy feeling left by use of pads
- Odor
- Seem to actually shorten my period by a day or more
- Not having to hide used pads in the bathroom waste container

A few downsides and adjustments you have to make while using this:
- Get used to seeing your blood in a cup. I don't know why it's different seeing blood in a pad than a cup, but I felt weird and grossed out at first, and still do to some extent.
- It might help to insert it in the shower the first time. You will get blood on your fingers, but at least in the shower you can quickly rinse off. You'll get less blood on your fingers later as the cup will catch the blood before it goes down your vaginal walls.
- Buy a peri bottle so you can fill it up with water when you're out in public. You can use it to rinse your cup and your fingers while you're in the stall.
- Watch youtube videos on the different folds helps.
- This cup is definitely firmer than the Diva Cup, but I found it opens up better after insertion rather than the Diva Cup.
- During the first day of my period I'd have to empty it out every 4 hours, the 2nd day and on about every 8-10 hours.

Every woman's body is different, so it may not work for you, but if you are really tired of the itch and odor of regular pads it's worth a try.

BabyHawk Mei Tai Baby Carrier, Sophia Black (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
BabyHawk Mei Tai Baby Carrier, Sophia Black (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

2.0 out of 5 stars Constantly have to adjust with newborn, October 12, 2011
I bought this in the camo color for my newborn son who was about 10 lbs at birth and started using it when he was about 2 weeks. I've been using it for 2 weeks since then for about an hour or so a day.

Pros:
- Easy to put on.
- Easy to store and clean.
- Freed up my hands.
- Made of a sturdy canvas fabric.
- Can be used by both by my husband and myself. I'm 5'1" and he's 6'3".
- Headrest provides good support and can be folded down.

Cons:
- Had to adjust the straps constantly as my son kept sinking into the carrier while I was doing simple things like walking around. I tried folding the carrier to make it shorter, carrying him in the front and back, and tying the straps as tight as I could. I noticed while carrying him in the froggy position as he sunk into the carrier he would crumple to the side and his arm would slide out.
- Lower straps seemed short. I'd like them a little longer because the double knotting indicated on the instructions seems to loosen.
- My son would get really warm in the carrier and we'd both start to sweat. After about an hour I could see sweat coming from my son's head and you could visibly see he was hot. I've only worn this in California's 70-80 degree weather. I can only imagine how hot it would get during the summer.
- Seem to aggravate my c-section area every time I used it regardless of carrying him in the front or back. Even though the straps were no where near my c-section scar, I think the pressure on my abs put some pressure on that area. This is not really the carrier's fault, but just thought new c-section moms might want to know.

Unfortunately, I have not tried other carriers so I can't really compare this to anything else. Maybe this carrier is better for older babies, but I'd still be worried about the straps loosening as babies get heavier.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 6, 2013 1:31 AM PDT

The Miracle Ball Method: Relieve Your Pain, Reshape Your Body, Reduce Your Stress [2 Miracle Balls Included]
by Elaine Petrone
Price: $16.96
125 used & new from $2.30

1.0 out of 5 stars It would be a miracle if it worked, April 23, 2010
I bought these on a whim, but I should have paid attention to the low star reviews. I have lower back problems due to carrying a heavy backpack throughout high school and college, and now I sit in front of a computer all day for work. I used the balls for 2 weeks. The first week was great, and I thought my backpain was going away. Second week, I don't know what happened, but I stayed on the balls for 20mins in one position to help relax my back, and when I got off of them I felt an even deeper pain in my tail bone. It took almost 2 weeks for the pain to eventually go away. Needless to say I stayed off the balls for good. I definitely would not recommend this product to anyone. I've seen people use foam rollers at the physical therapist office, and will try those instead.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 28, 2010 11:19 AM PDT

Guide to NATE/ICE Certification Exams (3rd Edition)
Guide to NATE/ICE Certification Exams (3rd Edition)
by Robert Featherstone
Price: $72.08
58 used & new from $59.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked for my husband, March 11, 2010
I bought this book for my husband taking the Nate Core Certification test. He's an apprentice with a few years of experience, but this book helped him pass the exam. While the book has some practice questions, he said that the concepts and knowing how to apply them were what helped him get through the exam. Highly recommend this book.

Evecase Universal Horizontal Medium Pouch Leather Case with Clip - Black for Lg Vx8300, Vx5300, Vx3400, Vx8500 Chocolate, Vx8550, Vx8600, Ax8600, Lx550 Fusic, Lx570 Muziq, Cu400, Cu405, Cu500, Cu575, Nokia 5300, 6126, 6131, 6133, 6085, 6086, 6101, 6102, 6102i, 6103, Samsung A870 Siren, C416, C417, U420 Nimbus, T619, M500, A707 Sync, U520, U620, U340, T329, T219, U540, M510, M300, A437, T409, R500, A117, A517

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke after a month, April 21, 2009
I bought this pouch for my dad. When I got it it looked pretty cheaply made, but for $2 + shipping I didn't really care. After a month the belt clip ripped off from the case. Buyer beware.

Kingston Data Traveler 1 GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive DTI/1GB
Kingston Data Traveler 1 GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive DTI/1GB

5.0 out of 5 stars Survives even after being washed!, August 30, 2007
I accidently left mine in my jacket pocket without the cap and put it in the wash. I thought for sure it wasn't going to work, but I tried it anyways. It still works! Well worth the money. I'm going to buy more as a stocking stuffer.

Dremel 761-03 Cordless Pet Nail Grooming Rotary Tool
Dremel 761-03 Cordless Pet Nail Grooming Rotary Tool

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than regular nail clippers!, August 30, 2007
I have 3 dogs and each one runs at the sight of the nail clippers. Getting them used to the Dremel was great, but somewhat time consuming. One of my dogs got used to the Dremel right away(didn't need treats for her), and the other two took about 2-3 months. It took a lot of treats and daily paw handling to calm those two down. But once I got their nails dremeled it was all worth it. Their nails come out nice and smooth and a decent length. No more worrying about cutting into the quick. I would highly recommend getting 15min rechargable batteries though.

Mr. Clean Starter Kit
Mr. Clean Starter Kit

2.0 out of 5 stars Good on windows, not so great for the rest of the car, June 21, 2006
This review is from: Mr. Clean Starter Kit (Misc.)
I had a pretty dirty car and I used the Mr. Clean Starter Kit. I followed all the directions.I also washed my car in the shade, and I rinsed and soaped the car in portions as one reviewer mentioned. I waited about 30mins or more for the car to dry and the only parts that were really clean and shiny were the windows. It still left a lot of dirt on my car, despite all the scrubbing I did during the soaping step. It even took more water than what I would have used washing it the old fashion way. I looked that the FAQ sheet that came with the kit and it said that if you see streaks it may be dirt, and all you have to do is go through the steps again to get rid of it. It's just a hassle. At least I can wash my house windows with it until the filter get's used up. Otherwise it's a waste of money.

Aroma ARC7031G 6-Cup Rice Cooker and Food Steamer
Aroma ARC7031G 6-Cup Rice Cooker and Food Steamer
Offered by Pick-Sure Perfect
Price: $62.48
6 used & new from $32.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible and Cheap, September 18, 2005
This rice cooker was terrible. The cook button would not stay down, and so I had to hold it until I thought the rice was done. I bought this unit at the nearby Target store, and I noticed a few others were returned as well. Avoid this rice cooker and get something better.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3