Profile for Gil > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Gil "gilgarp" RSS Feed (Windsor, CO)

Evo - England
Evo - England
Price: $115.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Greatest car magazine, November 25, 2006
This review is from: Evo - England (Magazine)
I love evo and buy it every month. So why don't I get a subscription? Because it still costs less to buy it at Barnes and Noble than to get a 12 month subscription! This must be the only magazine that can claim a cheaper in-store price. What's up with that?

Radiohead: The Astoria London Live
Radiohead: The Astoria London Live
DVD ~ Radiohead
Price: $17.99
50 used & new from $1.93

2.0 out of 5 stars Good but about 10 years too late, March 9, 2006
I have been a long-time radiohead fan and, like many others, have been waiting patiently for a live DVD. So I was thrilled to find out they released one and immediately bought it without even looking at the setlist. It never occurred to me that they would release material that is nearly 10 years old!

I couldn't help being disappointed when I watched this DVD. The constantly changing camera angles and general lack of concern for the song itself make this unpleasant to watch. In fact, I only watched it once and it has since been gathering dust. I know I would have enjoyed it much more had it come out when the songs were still in their prime.

I've always that Radiohead was modern, progressive, and totally innovative. I appreciate their old music but they have come a long way since pablo honey... and it doesn't help that before every song, Thom mutters "this is a new one."

Les Misérables (Modern Library)
Les Misérables (Modern Library)
by Victor Hugo
Price: $18.67
102 used & new from $5.03

5.0 out of 5 stars Read Hugo's words. Not mine., March 28, 2000
I found this book to be simply unparalleled so rather than write a review, I will share a quote from Les Miserables that I found especially poignant: 'To have continually at your side a woman, a girl, a sister, a charming being, who is there because you have need of her, and because she cannot do without you, to know you are indispensable to her who is necessary to you, to be able at all times to measure her affection by the amount of her company that she gives you, and to say to yourself: she consecrates to me all her time, because I possess her whole heart; to see the thought instead of the face; to be sure of the fidelity of one being in the eclipse of the world; to imagine the rustling of her dress the rustling wings; to hear her moving to and fro, going out , coming in, talking, singing, and to think that you are the centre of those steps, of those words, of that song; to manifest at every moment of your personal attraction; to feel yourself powerful by so much the more as you are the more infirm; to become in darkness, and by reason of darkness, the star around which this angel gravitates; few happy lots can equal that.'
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 2, 2010 2:48 PM EST