Profile for Josef Stephens > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Josef Stephens "Fooliobass" RSS Feed (Tucson, AZ)

eForCity Digital Audio Optical TOSLink Cable Optic 12 feet
eForCity Digital Audio Optical TOSLink Cable Optic 12 feet
Offered by Cmple
Price: $4.75
15 used & new from $0.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Optical Audio, January 12, 2011
What more can be said, Optical audio is the best choice with zero noise for transmission of audio.

Cable is well constructed and priced great on amazon. Skip the Brick and Mortar options and purchase online for shipment to your doorstep.

Plug and play, worked right off the bat connecting my computer to my surround sound. Transmits the various surround sound formats.

Logitech Desktop MK120 Mouse and keyboard Combo
Logitech Desktop MK120 Mouse and keyboard Combo
Price: $14.99
76 used & new from $7.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Cheap Keyboard mouse combo, January 12, 2011
Original plan was to purchase a wireless keyboard and mouse combo, after reviews and specs I realized I wasn't a huge fan of any of the options. I reformed my plan to purchase a new keyboard and use an old mouse, well after looking around at various sites I found this combo to be the best.

Keyboard is standard layout and fairly low profile. Feels good to type on and has worked great for gaming so far. Mouse is a standard 2 button and wheel optical mouse works well as well.

Only down side I can see is that the cable seems to be a bit light gauge and may affect the life expectancy of the keyboard or mouse, however if you don't have animals that may eat the cable and if you plan to plug this into an office set up and never remove it I am sure it wont affect its longevity.

C&E CNE11485 Black 15 Foot USB 2.0 Extension Cable
C&E CNE11485 Black 15 Foot USB 2.0 Extension Cable
Offered by Wire Factory
Price: $2.53
25 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars UBS Extension, January 12, 2011
My Original plan was to purchase a wireless keyboard for my media PC, However upon reading specs and reviews I came to the conclusion that none of them are of the quality or price I would be happy to pay. So, instead I bought a cheap keyboard and mouse combo and a pair of these cables and they have been working great for me.

Cables are well built usb, I cannot comment on speed of cable since I am using only a keyboard and a mouse.

I had bought a set of 10' for my first media pc, and now that I have a new machine in the works I needed new extension cables and this time I decided that that extra 5' is the length needed to go from the back of the tower behind the bench its sitting on and dress neatly around the bottom that way I could still have 10' of length plus mouse and keyboard cable length which makes it perfectly back to my couch which the original 10' could not do.

Eforcity HDMI Cable, 10 feet
Eforcity HDMI Cable, 10 feet
Offered by CartFrog
Price: $3.10
34 used & new from $0.45

5.0 out of 5 stars A Good Choice, January 12, 2011
I needed an HDMI cable for my new HiDef equipment and looked around at various places and Amazon was the cheapest. I cannot comprehend ever buying an av or computer cable in a brick and mortar store with the price differences that currently exist.

Eforce cable seems very well put together. Plug n' Play, No complaints about the cable.

VIZIO Class XVT Series TruLED XVT472SV 47-Inch 240 Hz sps LCD HDTV (Black)
VIZIO Class XVT Series TruLED XVT472SV 47-Inch 240 Hz sps LCD HDTV (Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great American Made LED LCD TV, June 27, 2010
After a year of research I came up with this as the perfect TV for my families needs. I then waited for the price point to hit an acceptable point and purchased without question.

Pros:
Made in California. Made in USA.
1080p 240hz LED LCD
Inputs: 4 HDMIs, 2 RCA Analog (3-wire), 2 RCA component (5-wire), VGA/RGB, and 1 USB
Can name Inputs
Remote works with Vizio Blu-Ray, and Onkyo surround sound
Better price than the Samsung, LG, and sharp competitors.

cons:
Power button on remote seems like it could break eventually (but I have broken every remote from every TV I have ever owned).
No Digital Coax Audio input/output
Optical audio output does not pass decoded surround sound except from TV source
Not 3d... but that is expressed in the price point

Other Thoughts:
This is not the one with apps and I choose not to get that one.
Speakers work great for casual TV watching. But not enough if you plan for this to be your boom box, or for that cinema feel for big block busters. (Outboard receiver fixes this)
Amazing image from a computer. Great for netflix.
The difference between a full HD movie and an old VHS is made very apparent when comparing inputs.

Setup:
Vizio blu-ray player - HDMI 1
PS3 - HDMI 2
XBOX 360 - HDMI 3
Wii - Component 1
VCR - RCA AV 1
HP Computer - VGA/RGB
Onkyo Receiver - Optical
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 28, 2013 12:00 AM PDT

Onkyo HT-S3100 5.1 Channel Home Entertainment System (Set of Seven, Black) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good deal, May 15, 2009
It comes with a decent price and all the ins and outs you want for your home theater needs. The A/B speaker controls allows you to set up that extra set of speakers outside for the afternoon bbq. Clean and clear sound as expected. Very happy consumer.

Josef