Profile for Wayne Fogel > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 70

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Wayne Fogel RSS Feed (Jacksonville Beach, FL)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Staub 12" American Square Grill Pan, Black
Staub 12" American Square Grill Pan, Black
Offered by Staub

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Steaks This Side of an Open Wood grill!, January 31, 2013
Because of the juices smoking in the grooves, steaks will achieve a wonderful flavor. This pan does a better job of imparting flavor than any gas or charcoal grill. Staub warns you to warm to high heat slowly. Believe them and allow at least ten minutes to get your pan up to searing temperatures. You and your guests will be rewarded with exceptional taste.

Zojirushi EP-PBC10 Gourmet d'Expert Electric Skillet
Zojirushi EP-PBC10 Gourmet d'Expert Electric Skillet
Price: $89.59
13 used & new from $80.02

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a skillet, a slow cooker. a hot pot, a roasting pan and more!, January 6, 2013
This is the most versatile cooking appliance I have ever owned. The ceramic nonstick surface allows the use of high heat both for pan frying a steak or high temperature roasting.. It is a great slow cooker and convenient for roasting. When my k-cup coffee maker broke, I used it as a tea kettle to boil water and pour out the pour spout into my coffee cup. In the morning you can cook your bacon, eggs, pancakes and even bake biscuits. I am familiar with Zoji quality from my Rice Cooker, Bread Maker and travel mug. These appliances are designed and made in Japan and it shows.

This jewel truly makes one-pot meals a reality. I made chili the other night - browned the meat, cooked the vegetables, drained the grease, added the tomatoes and bean, brought it to a boil and reduced to simmer and cook for two hours. Cleanup was a breeze thanks to the nonstick surface. A great product, especially for someone in a dorm room or a small apartment, Highly recommended.

Virginia Diner Seasoned Triplet Variety Pack, 10-Ounce Tins
Virginia Diner Seasoned Triplet Variety Pack, 10-Ounce Tins
Price: $20.70

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid This Product, September 6, 2012
If you enjoy Virginia peanuts, then this is not for you. The nuts are small, broken the majority of times and just not good. These are clearly 'seconds' that they would not include in their regular product. If you want a quality product, skip Virginia Diner and buy Royal Oak or The Peanut Shop of Williamsburg products.

5 Bodies to Die For (A Body Movers Novel)
5 Bodies to Die For (A Body Movers Novel)

5.0 out of 5 stars A fun read, September 6, 2012
The entire 'body movers' series is a series of fun reads. Nothing serious or depressing. Think Stephanie Plum well written.

Kds Lab Radical Touch Liquid Styptic .5 oz
Kds Lab Radical Touch Liquid Styptic .5 oz
Offered by SalonDeal
Price: $5.80
3 used & new from $5.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Use a Q-Tip, August 17, 2012
This IS the most effective styptic product I have ever found in my 50 some years of shaving. However, something this effective can have some downsides. The downside to this product is that if used in any but the smallest amours, it will burn your face. So, do not apply it by hand or try to pour a small amount on the spot that is bleeding. You will burn your face if you do this. Instead, put a drop on a q-tip and use the q-tip to the exact point of the bleeding. It will work and work quickly and will not burn your face.

If you have a tendency to nick yourself, buy this product and a box of q-tips. You will not be sorry.

Virginia Diner Peanuts, Old Bay Seasoned, 18-Ounce
Virginia Diner Peanuts, Old Bay Seasoned, 18-Ounce
Price: $13.42

2.0 out of 5 stars Virginia Diner Old Bay Seasoned Peanuts, August 17, 2012
I purchased these as a part of a set (Regular, Old Bay and Cajun Peanuts). To say I was disappointed is an understatement. The peanuts bear zero resemblance to the ones shown. The are small, fragmented and stale. Their appearance and size would lead you to believe that these were rejects from off-brand packagers. They are too small and fragmented for Planters to consider ever using them. While I was not fond of the flavor, that is a subjective judgement and I do not take it into account when giving this product two stars.

My recommendation, skip these and get some real Virginia peanuts from Williamsburg Peanuts.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 5, 2014 4:20 PM PDT

Dance of the Winnebagos (Jackrabbit Junction Humorous Mystery Series #1)
Dance of the Winnebagos (Jackrabbit Junction Humorous Mystery Series #1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Bettger Than Evanovich at Her Best, July 17, 2012
The characters will remind you of Evanovitch's Stephanie Plum series, but they come to life better than Stephanie, Joe Ranger, etc. The humor is there but coupled with a better plot. This is the first time I've taken the trouble to review a Kindle book even though I have owned Kindles from day one and have read over three hundred books on my Kindle. The book is FREE for prime members, so get it, start it and I guarantee you will finish it and want more of Ann Charles' books.

Shun Edo 10 Slot Bamboo Block
Shun Edo 10 Slot Bamboo Block
Price: $58.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Block, July 8, 2012
This is the best block I have found for my Shun Ken Onion knives. The design of the block shows off the curves of the Onions beautifully. Another reviewer noted that you could put the knives in the block with the edges out. You will not do this. The handles become cramped and it won't look or feel right. The knives will wobble rather than feeling secure in the block.

Having said this, there are a few things I would like to see in the next iteration. (1) It needs slots for the fork and the cleaver or at least the fork. (2) The scissors slot is too small for the Shun scissors to fit correctly - the Wusthof scissors fit perfectly, but they are no-where near as good as the Shuns. (3) The block needs to be about one inch taller - my 10" chef's top rests on the counter. Because of the design of the block and the Ken Onion knife is held securely in place and has not damaged my counter top in the least.

Despite the nit picking, this is still far and away the best block for your Ken Onion knives. 5 stars - Highly recommended just as the Ken Onion knives themselves are.

Oral-B Smartseries 4000 Professional Care Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush
Oral-B Smartseries 4000 Professional Care Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush

5.0 out of 5 stars An Evolutionary Upgrade That Pays off BIG, May 26, 2012
I've used Oral B toothbrushes for years now. I have always been more than satisfied. I purchased my most recent professional series over 6 years ago. I've always watched them and from appearances, nothing seemed to change. I was wrong! When the brand new 4000 series came out it piqued my invest. I bought one at announcement and when I opened it I was pleased by several differences:
1. The new spare toothbrush holder is better thought out and works much better than the old 'stand up' one.
2. The charging base itself is flatter and more attractive.
3. Unlike the old charging base, there is no where for gunk to pool and become unwashable. Sounds like a small thing, but who wants to look at a mess on their kitchen counter?
When I used it I found out that the improvements were more than skin deep. This is a better toothbrush. I cannot quantify it, but it does clean better, not a little bit, but a lot. In addition there were some positive functional changes.
1. The standard two minute cycle with beeps every 30 seconds has been augmented with a ' deep cleaning' cycle that simply uses the same brushing action with a three minute cycle and beeps every 45 seconds.
2. A separate polishing cycle has been added.
3. A sensitive cycle has been added. For people first converting to an electric toothbrush, especially kids, this is a plus.
4. A pressure alarm light that is easily visible has been added. This was a plus for me since I saw that I had been brushing too hard at the very back of my gums.
Is this an entirely new and revolutionary product for cleaning your teeth? No. Is a very real upgrade resulting from refining that which was already good? Yes. If your Oral B is several years old, you may want to consider upgrading.

Hurt Locker [Blu-ray]
Hurt Locker [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Jeremy Renner
Price: $7.50
149 used & new from $1.18

2.0 out of 5 stars Great video and audio, but no resemblance to reality, January 6, 2012
This review is from: Hurt Locker [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
The filmmakers alleged that they set out to make a movie about the war in Iraq. In this they failed miserably. The vets who have been there or in any other conflict panned it for good reason. The redeeming qualities are the picture on the screen and the audio track. Here an exemplary job has been done. It is difficult to believe that much of the film was shot on 16mm.

This movie more closely resembles 'Call of Duty' or other war games than it does the actual Iraq war. However, it does have pretty pictures.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7