Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM
Profile for Ann > Reviews

Browse

Ann's Profile

Customer Reviews: 396

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Ann RSS Feed (Broken Arrow, OK United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
The Bird and the Sword
The Bird and the Sword
Price: $4.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Magical romantic fantasay....., June 16, 2016
4.5 stars! Loved it. Was desperately wanting something new and different to break through the same ole, same ole reading blah’s, when I came across reader friend Bindi’s 5 star review. Thrilled I quickly devoured this magical romantic fantasy. This author has a way with pulling at your heart strings and enchantingly captivating the reader. Here she takes you on the historical adventure of Tiras and Lark as children to adults whose lives are intertwined and filled with hidden fears, secrets, curses and gifted magic. I was immediately all in with this tale of a small girl unable to speak after witnessing her mother’s murder. I kept wondering how the author would have this story play out with a girl unable to speak and how she would communicate well enough that me, the picky reader that I am, would stay invested in the story. But AH did it and she did it well. There are power hungry kings with evil characters plotting and plenty of mystery, intrigue and suspense to keep a reader thoroughly entertained. This all mixed in with equal parts romance. There are no explicit details with the romance but I didn’t even care. Sometimes it’s just a look or a touch that’s just as special.

The only minor negative that lost this bk my full 5 stars is that during the exciting page turning explosion of action at the end it seemed to lose me a little with some skimpy details. Wish there had been a bit more depth here. Maybe I’m just such a greedy reader that I just didn’t want this one to end. Read this one and enjoy!

Bittersweet (True North) (Volume 1)
Bittersweet (True North) (Volume 1)
by Sarina Bowen
Price: $13.50

5.0 out of 5 stars This one's a winner........, June 16, 2016
Wow, I'm on a roll....I've read 2 good bks in a row, wooo-hooo!!! This is one very cute, sexy, small town romance and heck of a fun read. And dare I say....(sorry, Marie Force) that I liked this down to earth small town Vermont family series much more than I like Marie Force's Green Mountain Series. It's spicier, and I'm not talking about the food ;-). Adorable couple grumpy, serious Griff and quirky, flighty Audrey have personalities that blend nicely together and help to balance each other out. Plus you'll love Griff's endearing family and the hand full of side characters who I can't wait to read more about.

And OMG I never knew so much about apples! Points to the author for all her research. I was constantly stopping to google all the different varieties of apples mentioned that I'd never heard of that the Shipley's farmed and the ones used for cider. (I'm insatiably curious like that). I've GOT to try some good apple cider. I'll definitely be on a new apple quest the next time I'm at Whole Foods or a farm stand to see if I can find some of these jewels. And my oh my all that talk of fresh organic produce and the pesticide free farming made me want to jump in my car and go visit Vermont. And if I wasn't salivating over Griff's sustainable farming practices I was over the moon with all the food talk when budding chef Audrey was around whipping up something delish. Think I didn't google some recipes after that?!? :P The only thing that would have made this bk better was a chapter filled with recipes of all Audrey's dishes. The author even made me wistful for all the joyous memories of my little Easy Bake Oven from years gone by...sigh.

Yeppers, I was FULLY invested in this story. I can't even remember a time when I read a bk I got so excited about and enjoyed so much that not only did it make me want to visit another state and hunt for new organic produce (especially that squash) it made me want to take some cooking classes. Hands clapping Sarina Bowen, great job! And yes

Kulti
Kulti

5.0 out of 5 stars Freaking loved it!!!, March 8, 2016
This review is from: Kulti (Kindle Edition)
Freaking loved it! I still can't believe how impatient a reader I am yet I still adore how this author draws out the relationship between her distant Heroes and her lovable heroines. Such a slow burn waiting and waiting and waiting for the ultimate win at the end when they finally say and do all those things to each other we've been hanging on for the whole time. And then you find out what that distant Hero has been thinking all along and the win is extra special.

Especially enjoyed Sal's dad and their relationship. And that little snippet we got of Dex/Iris (Under Locke)?...call me grateful! =)

The Allure of Dean Harper
The Allure of Dean Harper

3.0 out of 5 stars Dean Harper's not so alluring after all....., March 7, 2016
Interesting start: Drew me right in. They’re opposites (wealthy entrepreneur/Dean and food blogger/Lily) and they intensely dislike each other. Rhut-Rhow, you know what that means. ;-)

Good: It’s on! They're ripping each other’s clothes off.

Not so good: It’s off! The avoidance but leering, longing looks.

Better: POW! It’s back on with the I hate you but want you sex.

Derailed: An “I love Lucy” scheme? Seriously?!? And THAT dear readers is when this story lost me.

Bad: They’re off again.

HEA: Finally back together near the end.

It went from great potential to falling flat. Just veered off into crazy town with the heroine’s weird antics which didn't seem to fit where I thought the story was headed. Lily even disappointed me during the HEA. I’d hoped for better for these two. Just didn’t happen. A different heroine might have made this story better, IMHO

The Girl in the Ice: A gripping serial killer thriller (Detective Erika Foster Book 1)
Price: $0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Fast paced page turning susupense..., March 7, 2016
4.0 stars. And a big thanks to a reader friend on Goodreads for the rec from this new author to me. Good Brit mystery-suspense that really ramps up on the page turning anxious action as DCI Foster and her squad make the final push to find a serial killer. I love that the perpetrator came as a complete surprise amongst so many creepster characters.

The Shortstop
The Shortstop

4.0 out of 5 stars Romantic drama filled sports romance...., March 7, 2016
This review is from: The Shortstop (Kindle Edition)
3.5 stars. Definite romantic drama. Annie's been in love with Quint since she was 5 yrs old. Quint is equally smitten. These two are sweet and too good together to be true. The whole time I'm reading I'm anxious as hell waiting for things to fall apart, because you just know it's coming....and they do....HUGE. Unfortunate circumstances change Quint's life direction and he turns into a major ASS and spirals downhill from there. Of course this fairytale romance eventually gets back on track after Annie forgives Quint WAY too easily. She should've made him work harder to get back in her good graces, but she folds like a deck of cards. And I thought Annie was a sap for forgiving her best friend/Daphne after the crap her whiney ass pulled. Nice HEA with a future peak to reassure the reader that all stays well with Quinn/Annie. And if you didn't get enough of this love story, there's a bonus Chapter.

Some Sort of Happy (Skylar and Sebastian): A Happy Crazy Love Novel
Some Sort of Happy (Skylar and Sebastian): A Happy Crazy Love Novel

3.0 out of 5 stars Unusual love story...., March 7, 2016
3.0 stars. Wish the author had been more up front in the bk blurb about what this story was really about. With no advance warning of how totally over the top this one was, it almost lost me at the start with the H/Sebastian thinking of strangling or stabbing the h/Skylar. I mean, WTH, does that not sound like a bizarre opening to a romantic read?!?

When it’s later explained that Sebastian's dysfunction is from OCD at least I had some sort of reference point (??? ok, nah, not so much) for the off the wall quirkiness. I know people that suffer from OCD and I’m no therapist but whoa….this was cray-cray OCD. Jack Nicholson in As Good as it Gets comes to mind which was so sad and maddening that it was sometimes funny. Didn’t find any humor in Sebastian’s illness. And this was illness.

Lucky for Sebastian that beauty queen, reality star Skylar, his high school crush, is just the right amount of silly, immature innocence to handle Sebastian’s odd ways. There was something sweet in these two lonely souls finding each other but can’t say I really enjoyed it. Mostly just felt bad for poor ole screwed up Sebastian. Unusual read for the start of a series, can’t imagine where the author goes from here for bk 2.

Family Counsel (The Samuel Collins Series Book 2)
Family Counsel (The Samuel Collins Series Book 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars Adore this series!, March 7, 2016
4.0-4.25 stars. Adore this series! Bk 2 continues Samuel Collin’s story and it was just as much fun as the first bk. Light romantic-suspense with a load of snarky humor. And I do love a story from the Hero’s perspective for a change. Samuel is settling in with his new family. He adores wife Maddie, she’s the perfect balance for him, and their precocious kids provide some laugh out loud moments.

Attorney Samuel has come a long way since bk 1. It’s just as surprising to the reader as it is to Samuel at how much of his grump he’s lost since bk 1, but fortunately he still holds on to enough surly wit and a ton of smartass to satisfy this reader. There’s no skimming any part of this story because there’s so much happening and I for sure didn’t want to miss a snarky moment.

Samuel’s heart it a lot bigger than he lets on as he fiercely defends his clients and friends. His kickass defense at the mediation session for his client Earl’s discrimination lawsuit made me want to cheer. Yes, Samuel’s legal services are still in high demand and there’s never a dull moment with this crazy cast of neighbors, clients, employees and his wife’s quirky long lost cousin in this fast paced story. And I’ve still got the hots for Sam’s friend, sexy PI investigator Niki Lautrec (love that name!).

I would’ve liked more detail surrounding the mystery of Rafael Mendoza. I wasn’t sure if the ending with the elusive Rafael was a conclusion or a to be continued. No mention of any more bks to this series as of yet and this one was released in 2014. I’ll be disappointed not to get more from this author. If you’re looking for something light and fun with a lot of grins this is it. Although you’ll have to read bk 1 Advice of Counsel first to get the full affect.

The Cornerstone (The Walsh Series Book 4)
The Cornerstone (The Walsh Series Book 4)

4.0 out of 5 stars Best book of the series so far...., March 7, 2016
4.0-4.5 stars and a big THANKS to reader friend Michelle whose review for this bk had me 1-clicking this series. So glad I started with this family in bk 1 to allow this squabbling, loving, close knit, dysfunctional family the time to grow on me and become fully invested in this series.

Snippy, controlling little Shannon wasn't my favorite, it took a little too long for her to thaw out her feelings for Will that we could all tell were just below the surface. However, the little tidbit the author let slip about her past was a surprising gut punch and I had to cut her some slack.

Absolutely adored Will, he's perfect for Shannon. And while I'm thankful I started this series with 4 bks released I'm not so happy that this bk ended with its HFN ending hanging out there with me anxiously waiting for more Will/Shannon. Couldn't the author have given us the outcome of 2 more freaking months?!? Sigh, we'll just need that bk 5 pretty damn quick. Can't wait, guessing it's Erin and Nick's turn although it's goofy Riley's bk I'm most looking forward to.

The Wall of Winnipeg and Me
The Wall of Winnipeg and Me
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it! I've been stalling for days while reading ..., March 7, 2016
Loved it! I've been stalling for days while reading because while I wanted to get to the best part of the story, I didn't want this one to end. If you're familiar with this author (Under Locke) you know she focuses on slowly building the relationship with little focus on the sex, but saving it as the ultimate reward at the very end leaving the reader satisfied but still wanting more. Adored Aiden, Vanessa and Zac. Will be anxiously awaiting whatever this author comes up with next.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20