Profile for Robert Herring > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 9

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Robert Herring RSS Feed

Monday Mornings Season 1 [HD]
Monday Mornings Season 1 [HD]
Price: $23.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A Series That Made You Think, March 9, 2014
This short-lived series had all the elements that truly engaged the viewer and provided numerous opportunities to consider ethical and moral issues. It appears that the public and those who make decisions on programming couldn't take such a series like Monday Mornings seriously. Such a shame!

Outstanding acting, brilliant writing and excellent camera work made this series stand out for me. If you haven't yet seen it, do yourself a favor and watch Monday Mornings. You won't be sorry.

Hush Puppies Men's Lunar II Slip-On,Black,12 W US
Hush Puppies Men's Lunar II Slip-On,Black,12 W US
Price: $81.99
9 used & new from $81.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Lunar Rocks!!, February 24, 2014
I had previously owned a pair of Lunar Slip-Ons and had literally worn them out. Then I couldn't find a replacement pair until I saw the Lunar II model and I'm very happy I purchased this pair. Very comfortable and easy to slip on my feet. I am hoping for many years of comfort.

Buck Denver Asks..What's In The Bible 2
Buck Denver Asks..What's In The Bible 2
DVD ~ Buck Denver
29 used & new from $3.03

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, November 25, 2011
This series is off to a great start and I appreciate the detail made to "get it right" to present Scripture and its message well. Children of all ages will enjoy learning about Scripture truths through this style of education. Can't wait for more!

Buck Denver Asks..What's In The Bible 3
Buck Denver Asks..What's In The Bible 3
DVD ~ Buck Denver
Price: $14.98
22 used & new from $0.65

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding!, November 25, 2011
You can tell these folks love their work by the effort they have put into this video. I have shown it to various children in my congregation and they all want to see it again and again. A clear presentation of the Scripture story and I can't wait for when more are produced.

Warrior Monk: A Pastor Stephen Grant Novel
Warrior Monk: A Pastor Stephen Grant Novel
by Raymond J. Keating
Price: $13.23
34 used & new from $1.63

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Story, Accurate Portrayal of a Lutheran Pastor, October 21, 2011
Mr. Keating has done a fine job with his first book in the Stephen Grant series. The story will hold your interest and although there are a couple things for which you must suspend your vision of reality (the demise of the Pope on American soil?) there is much to say about his attention to details.

What pleases me the most is his caricature of a Lutheran pastor. As I am also one, to see Stephen Grant as an actual minister of the Gospel isn't too hard to believe. Now, his previous background and his moving into a second career as a pastor--most of the men I know have not had such an exciting life!

I also appreciate seeing a character such as Grant shown to have some control over his feelings and actions that represent his faith. The violence is subdued and there is a level of propriety about Grant's attitude toward women that is very refreshing and very much in character with what I would expect of a pastor.

I am looking forward to the next installment of this series. It will be worth the wait!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 21, 2013 5:50 PM PST

Clarks Men's Escalade Slip-On,Black Burnished Leather,12 EE US
Clarks Men's Escalade Slip-On,Black Burnished Leather,12 EE US

4.0 out of 5 stars Usual Clarks Quality, August 15, 2008
Every pair of shoes from Clarks that I have purchased have fit well and have required no break in period. These look good as well. My only complaint is the squeaking soles when I walk on tile flooring but that's a problem with many rubber soled shoes.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Very, very comfortable, August 15, 2008
It's hard to image a more comfortable slipper/shoe to be available. I can't wait for colder weather to come so that I can begin wearing them again. The fit is great both in length and width.

Plays Nelson Riddle's Cross Country Suit
Plays Nelson Riddle's Cross Country Suit
5 used & new from $99.93

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent CD, August 15, 2008
This music brings back many memories and I thank the family for doing the work necessary in reissuing the CD. It is a great listen!

Bach Edition: Complete Works (155 CD Box Set)
Bach Edition: Complete Works (155 CD Box Set)
7 used & new from $395.00

5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Value, August 15, 2008
To get the entire works of Bach in a collection of this type for this price is just wonderful. I have given these as gifts and those who have received them have raved about them. Just an excellent value.