Profile for Joey Roberts > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 97

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Joey Roberts RSS Feed (State College, PA USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Baby has fun, June 16, 2002
I really enjoy watching my daughter in this jumper. She first went in it when she was 4 1/2 months old. She would sit in it and spin around. It was really cute. Then she learned how to make it swing and spin. She is so funny. She laughs and giggles. It is very good once your baby can hold up their head relatively well. I didn't give this 5 stars because it is very tricky to get my daughter out of it. She gets tangled in the straps when I take her out because she is still in that phase where she keeps her arms straight out. Also, her chubby little legs don't just slip out of the seat so it ends up being picked up with her and that doesn't help with the tangle. As she gets bigger it is easier to take her out. I really love this bouncer.

Sunshine Kids Mighty Tite (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Sunshine Kids Mighty Tite (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by The Wright Sales
Price: $22.49
28 used & new from $14.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Gotta have Gadget, June 7, 2002
I love this gadget. I bought two extra bases for my infant car seat for both my husband's and my mother's car. Unlike my car, there center seat has a harness strap. Those are hard to get really tight. My center seat has just the lap belt and it was easy to secure the base. With the harness strap it was just too hard to get the seat in tight enough. With the mighty tight, it was a snap. You just hooked it in, cranked it, and voula!!!
That seat isn't going anywhere. I love it. It is easy to use, it makes the seat secure, and it is sturdy. You must have this if you are trying to secure a seat in a position with a shoulder harness.

Crown Crafts The Original NoJo BabySling by Dr. Sears - Denim
Crown Crafts The Original NoJo BabySling by Dr. Sears - Denim

3.0 out of 5 stars My daughter hates this, May 27, 2002
I bought this because of all the wonderful things I heard about slings. I even practiced with my cat before to see if I could put it on and if it was comfortable. I must admit this is so much more comfortable than the front packs or back packs. It doesn't cut across the back like the front packs can. However, my daughter will not go in this. I had tried from day one to carry her in this. She screams. My child hardly ever cries and when I say she screams, I mean turns red and screams. As soon as I take her out she is fine. Now that she is older I can carry her like a front pack, but quite honestly, the front pack is just easier. I wanted to use the sling because I nurse and I should have been able to nurse her while we were out. She just will not lay in it. My friend has this and loves it. Her baby cooperates. She has carried him in it since she brought him home from the hospital. She can nurse him while walking. When my daughter gets older I plan on using it to carry her on my hip. I watched the video and you can use it to help with back support while you carry your child on your hip. I hope I can use it like that, but for the next baby, I am not going to use it. I will stick with the traditional front pack. These slings are just not very easy on larger women who are a rather endowed.

Your Pregnancy Week By Week 4th Edition (Your Pregnancy Series)
Your Pregnancy Week By Week 4th Edition (Your Pregnancy Series)
by Glade B. Curtis
434 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars The best pregnancy book., May 21, 2002
This book is awesome. It follows what to expect in your pregnancy week by week. It shows you the size of the baby. Tells you about the weekly developements in both you and your baby. It tells you things to look for and possible problems that occur during each step. It even gives dads pointers. I really enjoyed this book. Every Sunday I would look forward to sitting down and reading the next week, then I would read that week all week and look back at the weeks that passed. It just really made me feel like I was getting somewhere and added to the excitement. Plus it was helpful because it let you know what to expect and look forward to. It really is a great book to have when you are pregnant. You must have this one. It isn't as good for looking up things if you are not sure about what you are feeling, but it is great for wondering about your progress. This in combination with What to Expect While you are Expecting is a must have combo. You won't need anything else.

What to Expect When You're Expecting
What to Expect When You're Expecting
by Arlene Eisenberg
1965 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have if you are pregnant, May 21, 2002
My sister bought this book for me when I told her I was pregnant. I didn't think much about it, but then I started having those normal pregnancy things that happen. You know the pains you didn't know where normal, the acid reflux, the gas.....The real attractive part of pregnancy. When I would feel these, I would turn to whatever month I was on and read. It lists all the things you should expect, the things to expect at your doctors visit and the progress of the baby. It also has a section on some of the things that can go wrong in pregnancy and early signs or ways to cope. For example, I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes and this book had a section on it. It helped me deal with the problem. This book goes all the way through to labor and birth. Also, each monthly chapter has a Q and A area of what is probably the most frequently asked questions. I found that 90% of the time it answered my concerns. I didn't sit down and read this like a book, but used it as a reference. I found it very helpful to have around.

BebeSounds Prenatal Heart Listener
BebeSounds Prenatal Heart Listener

3.0 out of 5 stars I enjoyed this, May 21, 2002
I bought this item when I was around 4 months pregnant. It took me a while to really understand what I was listening too. I was expecting it to sound like the one at my doctors office or like my friends stethoscope. It doesn't and if you don't have the patience when you are really early on in your pregnancy to search out the baby you will be disappointed with this item. The heart beat does not have the swoosh or thump sound that you would expect. It is more like a distinctive series of horse hoof beats with ticks and stuff when the baby moves or hiccups. You learn to distinguish the them especially as you get more pregnant and the baby is easier to find and movements are easy to feel. I gave this only three stars because it was very difficult to use in the beginning. It picked up bowel movements more than anything so it was best used before you ate, but not when you were too hungry. And it has some definite background noise problems, but like I said you can distinguish the different sounds. If you are looking for something high quality with the abililty to really pick up the baby sounds buy something else. I think for thirty dollars this product did what I expected. Also, I used it when I wasn't sure if I felt the baby move. I could hear her and it eased my mind and usually just putting this on my tummy and pressing in made her move. I used it when she had a cold to listen to her lungs. I came in very handy.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great as soon as baby can hold head up, May 21, 2002
My daughter is only 4 months old. I was reluctant to put her in the toy because she really isn't sitting up and standing and really playing with toys. I went downstairs and didn't bring her bouncy chair with her so I put her in this just while I tried to prepare dinner. I thought it would give me enough time so I could at least run upstairs and get her bouncy chair. I did that, but i didn't need the chair. When I came back downstairs she was staring at the toys. She had even gotten herself turned around to look at the other toys. Then, to my amazement she start batting the toys. They move so easily that they turned even with her light touch. She was enthralled. I am very happy with this toy. It moves so smoothly that she can even twist her self around. None of the toys are out of her reach. It is strong and sturdy and easy to put together. I love it. This toy will definitely get its use. No more lugging the bouncy chair up and downstairs. Heck, I may have to luck this up and downstairs. ;)

On a Wicked Dawn (Cynster Novels)
On a Wicked Dawn (Cynster Novels)
274 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good., May 20, 2002
I really enjoyed reading this novel. If you are looking for a novel that has plenty of love scenes. In fact, enough to keep you sweating pleasantly, this is the book for you. However, if you are looking for a book with a good balance of love and mystery like her previous books in the series, this one doesn't add up. Amelia isn't as wild as her twin Amanda, but that was mentioned in the previous novel so I wasn't expecting outlandish antics. Also, unlike the previous books, both characters knew they were head over heals in love with the other, so it seems silly that it took the whole novel for them to admit that. I did enjoy the recap on Devil and Honoria and the fact that Devil finally told Honoria he loved her. As far as the mystery part of this book goes. It really took a long time for it to get going and it was a very obvious one to me. I figured out who it was with the first occurrence and it didn't really dawn on me that they she didn't state who it was. I found it silly that the girl was so gullable and bought into Kirby's [junk], but I guess a novel with nothing but blissful love would be pretty boring. I really enjoy Stephanie Laurens works and am very much into the Cynster series. I can hardly wait for Simon's story. They sort of alluded to it in this novel. This story was sweet and different from the others. It didn't have the whole female or male having to convince the other to marry them drama. That was kinda nice for a change, but I really hope her preceding novels aren't like this one. It just didn't have the fire the other ones did, but it was good and I would recommend it.

All About Love (Cynster Novels)
All About Love (Cynster Novels)
206 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Lucifer is hot, May 20, 2002
This was a wonderful novel. Gabriel and Lucifer were my two favorite characters of the Bar Cynster. This novel starts right after Gabriels wedding. As usual, the male cynster is trying to outrun fate. Lucifer goes to visit an old friend and finds him dead. Not only that, but he ends up with a big bump on the head. I really enjoyed how he was stuck trying to figure out who hit him and who killed his friend. This book had some pretty funny little side stories in it. Phyllida didn't seem to be the most graceful of ladies. She was kinda like Flick in the Rogue's Proposal. She ran around in breeches and was head strong when it came to getting male protection. The love scenes in this book are hot. Lucifer has no shame and is quite obviously very comfortable with his body. He puts it to good use to please Phyllida. Stephanie Laurens knows how to capture a reader with her descriptiveness. She seems to have cornered the market on writing the perfect male. I haven't read one of her novels yet, where I had't wanted to be the female in it. None of her characters are weaklings and none of her stories leave with the incredible urge to slap some sense into one of the characters. As far as historical romance novels go, this one is a must have in your collection.

A Secret Love (Cynster Novels)
A Secret Love (Cynster Novels)
222 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this book, May 20, 2002
This was the first Stephanie Laurens book I had ever read. In fact, this was the first romance novel I had ever read. I fell in love with the Cynsters right away. After reading this, I had to go back and buy the first 4 in the series. I have been a huge fan of the series ever since and own all of the ones she has written in the Cynster series and can hardly wait for her next one.
This novel was about the fifth member of the bar cynster to fall victim to fate and love. I really liked the underlying mystery in this novel. It was more interesting than the other ones before it. I liked the financial fiasco. The trouble Alathea found herself in was slightly more believable than some of the other heroines troubles, plus her putting herself in danger was more acceptable because it was her problem. She was older and more sensible than the other ladies in many ways. I loved that her and Gabriel had known each other for ever. I loved the tension between them. The sex scenes in this book are so explicit and steamy. They are exciting because they are so clandestine. Alathea and Gabriel are one hot couple. This novel is a must read. I highly recommend it to any historical romance reader.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10